Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #43
rf4

Winnebago Owners Club
I had to wait while some guy who was dumping was eating his lunch in his moho. I sat there for 20 minutes, patiently waiting, when finally he came out with his sandwich partially eaten in his hand and completed his task, putting the sandwich on his bumper. It was really disgusting.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2013, 01:07 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rf4 View Post
I had to wait while some guy who was dumping was eating his lunch in his moho. I sat there for 20 minutes, patiently waiting, when finally he came out with his sandwich partially eaten in his hand and completed his task, putting the sandwich on his bumper. It was really disgusting.
What? And he was not even courteous enough to offer you a sandwich?

Old 06-16-2013, 01:37 AM   #45

Ford Super Duty Owner
In my old job only about 1% of people I contacted were rude to me. Maybe it was the phrase "License, registration, and proof of Insurance,... please"
Don't know why I always said,.... please

I've never met a rude RVer.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:56 AM   #46

Excel Owners Club
Personally I believe it was a male ego issue. Lady ahead of him making him wait....no way. And as one of the agreements to live by from the book The Four Agreements teaches us; don't take things personally. The disgruntled person has issues they are dealing with and you just happened to be in the moment.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:10 AM   #47

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by didymop View Post
Personally I believe it was a male ego issue. Lady ahead of him making him wait....no way. And as one of the agreements to live by from the book The Four Agreements teaches us; don't take things personally. The disgruntled person has issues they are dealing with and you just happened to be in the moment.
I think there is definitely some truth in that.
Some men just think women were put on earth only to wait hand and foot on them.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just got back from returning the MH to the storage lot. When I got there there was a car partially blocking my spot. There was a guy working on his Vectra two spots down. I asked him if it was his car and would he mind moving it so I could back in to my spot. I asked nicely, as I always do.
His response was, "what, you can't get in there?" I replied, " I don't know, it's looks like it might be in the way". He stomped off to the car, shaking his head, moved it, and exited, glaring at me. I was waiting for him to say something else but he never did.
[ moderator edit ]. Bring it on, and I'll hand it back on a platter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
Just got back from returning the MH to the storage lot. When I got there there was a car partially blocking my spot. There was a guy working on his Vectra two spots down. I asked him if it was his car and would he mind moving it so I could back in to my spot. I asked nicely, as I always do.
His response was, "what, you can't get in there?" I replied, " I don't know, it's looks like it might be in the way". He stomped off to the car, shaking his head, moved it, and exited, glaring at me. I was waiting for him to say something else but he never did.
[ moderator edit ]. Bring it on, and I'll hand it back on a platter.
As soon as he got an attitude, you should have said "no wait...I MIGHT have enough room. I will go ahead and give it a try" then look at him and say " you have insurance right?, because mine just lapsed." Lol.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #50

Arguing with an idiot is like wrestling a pig. After awhile you realize that the pig is enjoying it.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #51
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A few posts here have had to be edited because of this section of our rules.

" Posts containing rude, explicit, obscene or vulgar language, vulgar humor or abbreviations, images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks designed to "trick" our obscenity filter will be removed."

While we realize that this is an emotional topic , we are a family forum.
Thanks
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE ]I asked nicely, as I always do.
His response was, "what, you can't get in there?" I replied, " I don't know, it's looks like it might be in the way [/QUOTE]

We have to make allowances for some people who are afflicted with laziness and lack of intelligence. Is my car in your way? duh..... no I came over to ask you to move your car because I wanted to meet you.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
I may be breaking RV rule #????, but we hardly ever use the dump stations. We go to a vacant full hook up site to dump and rinse. At check out time, most are empty.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:27 AM   #54

I forget who said this, however you can measure the size of the man by the size of things that upset him. I guess the size of a man that gets upset by a little poop is pretty small.

We live our coach!!!
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #55

It's my own opinion that reacting in a confrontational manner is not good, especially nowadays. For your own safety it is always best to defuse the situation, it can be tough but I think it is best. You already know he has an aggressive personality. By becoming aggressive yourself you might feel better but you might loose and loose big, you are taking a big risk.

I volunteer for a law enforcement agency and as such can write parking tickets or can run into a person who is acting in a very aggressive manner either towards me or someone else. I enforce the disabled parking spots. It is a very costly citation, up to $970. If we can't defuse the situation or calm things down we call for someone who can and enjoy.

Talk it down is good advice!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
If your ever going to have trouble , it will be at the dump station. When we go camping at Leo Carillo Beach in California, I always leave on Monday (retired) rather than attempt the dump station on Sunday when everyone is leaving. It seems that everyone has their own method of dumping and none of them are like yours. I would rather dump the stuff than receive it or dish it out !!!
After 5 days at a dry campsite, I went to the dump station. I thought it would be interesting to see how long it would take to dump and backwash the black and just dump the grey tank.
I dumped the black, back washed it with the grey and dumped the black again, then dumped the grey, put back the slinky and drove off. Total time, 3 mins from the time I stopped to pulling back out.
I was not rushing either.

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote