Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Moonrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Total time, 3 mins from the time I stopped to pulling back out.
I was not rushing either.
Man ... That is Olympic qualification time!
__________________

__________________
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 14,449
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post

After 5 days at a dry campsite, I went to the dump station. I thought it would be interesting to see how long it would take to dump and backwash the black and just dump the grey tank.
I dumped the black, back washed it with the grey and dumped the black again, then dumped the grey, put back the slinky and drove off. Total time, 3 mins from the time I stopped to pulling back out.
I was not rushing either.
You work the pits in NASCAR, right?
__________________

__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
spinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, TX, 77069
Posts: 2,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post

After 5 days at a dry campsite, I went to the dump station. I thought it would be interesting to see how long it would take to dump and backwash the black and just dump the grey tank.
I dumped the black, back washed it with the grey and dumped the black again, then dumped the grey, put back the slinky and drove off. Total time, 3 mins from the time I stopped to pulling back out.
I was not rushing either.
/joke/ notice Chuck didn't say anything about hooking up hoses ;-) : duck ing:
__________________
Steve Pinn
2008 Newmar Essex-4514
2014 Ram Laramie ecodiesel
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Chuck 1935's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shadow Hills,CA 91040
Posts: 3,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post

/joke/ notice Chuck didn't say anything about hooking up hoses ;-) : duck ing:
Hmmm, your right although I did hook up my Rhino flex and rinsed it with the grey water. I can't see how it could take a whole lot longer unless I did some sort of a ritualistic poop dance !
__________________
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
Melmoses's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,196
Well the way I figure it, I dump the black (about a minute, possibly two since I dump when at a high level to encourage lots of flow), minimum 2 minutes of backwashing until water comes out clear, then refill black tank for 2 minutes because I don't want an empty tank and the mound of death, then dump gray water, rinse out sewer hose, done. It figure it takes me a minimum of 7-8 minutes. After one nightmare when we were newbies and didn't know better, I am gonna take my time on this project!
__________________
Mel (Melanie) and Harry
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #62
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
The world is full of rude,crude,and socially unexceptable and down right stupid people if they like to stay up all night and laugh and talk loud I tend to leave early and start my engine and let it warm up real good. As others have said you just can't argue with stupid let them do their thing stay out of the way.

Hopefully theres not a nice family on the otherside of you to hear your early am retribution.
__________________
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
wa8yxm's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,790
A comment or two and a short story that kind of fits

Far as I know there is not time limit on dumping, some RV's hold well over 100 Gallons of waste and it is going to take time.

There are, however, many laws about blaring horns and one finger salutes (Obscene Gesture).

The story: Man calls 9-1-1 top report the Weaving Willie in front of him (Drunk driver) Well the driver in front of him was about as drunk as coffee-holic me (I've not had so much as a beer since 1985, In case anyone wonders. I very simply do not like the stuff. Don't like Lima beens either, thus I don't drink booze, or eat limas.)

However the Troopers did get an OUI arrest out of it.. you guessed it.. the caller.
__________________
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
MJFZ's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935

After 5 days at a dry campsite, I went to the dump station. I thought it would be interesting to see how long it would take to dump and backwash the black and just dump the grey tank.
I dumped the black, back washed it with the grey and dumped the black again, then dumped the grey, put back the slinky and drove off. Total time, 3 mins from the time I stopped to pulling back out.
I was not rushing either.
You are very good!! I need 10 minutes to hook up, dump, rinse, and stow. No reason I am going to rush, or rush someone else.

Mike
__________________
NHSO
2016 DSDP 4369
2012 DSDP 3734--sold
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Moonrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,685
This is embarrassing ... I've actually had the urge to pull out a lawn chair while waiting for the tank to empty.
__________________
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Kro1957's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mitchell South Dakota
Posts: 1,140
Blog Entries: 2
When I run across a person as you described, I realize how much they need Jesus in their life. It is hard to do for many people and me included at times but I attempt to react in a way that totally catches them off guard. Not always easy to do but will sometimes really make them feel more of jerk when they do not "feed" into their frenzy.
But today behavior is often is induced by other environments to include drugs and people just lack a real sense of emotional stability. As a former Law Enforcement officer when ever you feel unsafe like that situation, use that smart phone for 911 call and record what is going on. In most states he exhibited road rage for example with giving you finger, that will land you in jail and if captured on your i-phone he has no defense. Many offenders will back off/cool down if they know you are in contact with Law Enforcement and or being recorded. You did well keeping your cool!
__________________
06 King of the Road 37RLQS
06 Coachman Cross Country 5.9L 300HP 382 DS
03 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0L James, Trina, SMSgt, USAF Ret
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
DaveTN's Avatar
 
Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kro1957 View Post
When I run across a person as you described, I realize how much they need Jesus in their life. It is hard to do for many people and me included at times but I attempt to react in a way that totally catches them off guard. Not always easy to do but will sometimes really make them feel more of jerk when they do not "feed" into their frenzy.
But today behavior is often is induced by other environments to include drugs and people just lack a real sense of emotional stability. As a former Law Enforcement officer when ever you feel unsafe like that situation, use that smart phone for 911 call and record what is going on. In most states he exhibited road rage for example with giving you finger, that will land you in jail and if captured on your i-phone he has no defense. Many offenders will back off/cool down if they know you are in contact with Law Enforcement and or being recorded. You did well keeping your cool!
I'll preface this by saying I am a Christian. Having lived in Japan and traveled there dozens of times, almost everyone is Buddhist or Shinto. The respect and behavior towards each other is so much greater than in the US it is hard to fathom. My point is being Christian doesn't make you nice. Lots of examples of that in any Church.
__________________
Jayco Greyhawk 31 FS
But always looking for the next RV
DaveTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #68
Community Moderator
 
bdickson's Avatar


 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wherever the rig is parked
Posts: 7,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I'll preface this by saying I am a Christian. Having lived in Japan and traveled there dozens of times, almost everyone is Buddhist or Shinto. The respect and behavior towards each other is so much greater than in the US it is hard to fathom. My point is being Christian doesn't make you nice. Lots of examples of that in any Church.
I am a practicing atheist and I try to be nice to everyone I meet. Choosing to follow a deity does not give anyone a monopoly in good manners and respect.
__________________
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #69
Community Administrator
 
Clifftall's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 29,114
We need to get back on topic please. Discussions of Religion and guns are not permitted as per our rules.
Thanks
Cliff
__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
biker art's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Grants Pass,Or
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
We need to get back on topic please. Discussions of Religion and guns are not permitted as per our rules.
Thanks
Cliff
Good rule
__________________

__________________
1977 class B Dodge MH, 2002 honda valkyrie motorcycle,Grants Pass,Or
biker art is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.