Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #15

This is how the NYMEX has changed the definition of SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

"
The price is determined by the instantaneous equilibrium between the forces of supply and demand among competing buy and sell orders on the exchange at the time of the purchase or sale of the contract."

That's different than what it should be. It is no longer supply and demand of oil. supply and demand among competing buy and sell orders ?

This is GAMBLING. This is what's wrong. Especially when the big boys are all talking to each other.

In case you didn't look it up. When did oil hit the NYMEX? Heating oil 1978 , crude oil 1983 , unleaded gas 1984. It took them a few years to sort out but they finally got the formula right to manipulate the "MARKET".

Take oil off the NYMEX.

It USED TO BE that anyone speculating in oil had to have the capacity to actually hold on to that oil. The wonderful federal government ended that. What wonderful people they must be.
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Stevepkam Send a message via Yahoo to Stevepkam
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
OK but, the longest a peace w/ Arabs has lasted is ... oh... 2-3 hours.
30 years with Egypt.
Stevepkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddinhead View Post
Quit whining about oil, food will be the next thing to skyrocket from speculation, it has already started. You can park your RV but you can't stop eating. That is the thing to watch and fear...
ABSOLUTELY!

Instead of buying oil or gold and other precious metals as a hedge in hard times to come - only to use it to buy food, cut out the middleman, and buy FOOD instead - non-perishable stuff that stores and keeps well for extended periods - as stated, gold and oil stocks might have a theoretical "value", but how do you cash them in at the local food market - if that market itself is even still in business to "sell" you anything.

I'd far rather have my closets full of canned and dried food, rice and beans, than gold bricks or containers of fuel...

We've seen all this happen before, and recently, in foreign countries as they fail and fall, citizens standing for HOURS in long lines to hopefully receive a pitiful small handful of rationed bread and meat - and most in THIS country still refuse to accept that it can - and WILL, happen HERE as well!

Our nation's leadership has written bad "Stimulus" based checks for TRILLIONS of unbacked dollars to foreign "investors" that we as a nation cannot EVER make good on - and there WILL be a day of reckoning, and it's already starting, all around us!

Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #18

If you're living in a house buy COAL bagged by the pallet. Doesn't spoil, leak or go up in price while it's back there. Put neatly in backyard with nice roof over it.

Another project I'm pursuing is a wood gasifier to produce electric with an IC engine. The wood can be in any form. Around here wood chips are something the landscapers etc have to pay to dump. This is an experiment. If it turns out to be not viable, at least I'm not bored watching TV.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #19

WELL, most will probably say folks like me are "Doomsdayers", "Chicken Littles" just crying Wolf - but, if I and those like me are WRONG, which I hope but doubt, the WORSE that will happen is that we'll just have food we bought at lower than current prices to consume at our leisure.

BUT, if we're RIGHT, as I suspect, what will THEY have?
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
You Said:

"Best solution is for Israel to take Arab offer for peace and recognition from the 22 Arab countries which has been on table since 2001 and go back to '67 borders and forget the "Greater Israel" dream. ITs' security can be guaranteed.

Then US can have a foreign policy that is in our interests and not get jerked around by what's good for Israel."[/QUOTE]

Sure, the Arabs attacked, Israel kicked their butts and took some land to assure a buffer between them and these totalitarian states and you think giving back this land will provide Israel security and peace.

I don't think so.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

You fill in the rest. (censored)
Let's just blame it all on "Ike".
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #22

We are not the big dog lol. We have more debt than the rest of the world combined. You are the one brainwashed, that makes us the tiny dog, it is all debt, not assets. Total US government debt is $118 trillion. $14.6 trillion is if you don't count entitlements, which are 57% of fed budget annualized, but grand total debt is in fact $118 trillion.

Total assets of every American including every cent in American government and people is $72 Trillion.

You can't close that gap with growth. 10,000 boomers a day are retiring for the next 19 years. Our economy will shrink no matter what. Goverment spending is 46% of our GDP, 54% private sector. Flip those numbers by 2013.

By 2020 interest alone on our debt will be $1 trillion a year and our GDP will be smaller, you can't add enough jobs with 10,000 a day retire. So it is game over way before 2020. I think by 2013, or at the very latest 2017. At that year the math is so obvious a 4th grader will understand the reality of the situation.
Its Paid For is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
WELL, most will probably say folks like me are "Doomsdayers", "Chicken Littles" just crying Wolf - but, if I and those like me are WRONG, which I hope but doubt, the WORSE that will happen is that we'll just have food we bought at lower than current prices to consume at our leisure.

BUT, if we're RIGHT, as I suspect, what will THEY have?
I whole heartedly agree with you. When the crap hits the fan I just want to be where water is running and the deer are plentiful.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #24

Water, yes. Deer, no. There wont be enough wildlife to support population of 300+ million or even 50 million. You need to invest in non-hybrid seeds, and have a few acres. Think wild boar country, not deer. Areas of the US are being over run by boar and that will continue forever as they breed too fast.

Some wind and solar with that and your set.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:15 AM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Non of ya will have anything after me and my guns come through
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:56 AM   #26

Guns isnt enough, you'll need the three B's, Beans, Bullets, and Bandaids.

Don't think end of the world apacolypse, it is simply more like a return to the 1800's lifestyle. They cool thing is you can have modern solar, wind, weapons, medicine, seeds, RV's, etc.

If well thought out, it doesnt matter what this global economy does. If you have no plan for possible US and/
Old 02-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #27

One "B" you forgot is books. We will need knowledge on how to do a lot of things to survive comfortably. Besides something to read for entertainment.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #28

So it looks like some are very happy with the phony overnight price increases. What's to worry?