Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: How do you make your coffee?
K-Cup Brewing System 57 28.93%
Drip Coffee Maker 119 60.41%
French Press 11 5.58%
Percolator 20 10.15%
Hobo Style 3 1.52%
Instant 10 5.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
Our Keurig failed and it was under warranty. Call the number and have the serial number available. They Fedx a new one and you need to return the old k cup holder piece to them. Call them and they will replace it.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #44

We have a Mr. Coffee machine. It makes excellent coffee. When dry camping we use an old fashioned perk pot on the propane stove. I like perked coffee better but Mr. Coffee drip pots are so much faster.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I drink so much coffee (12 to 15 cups per day) now that I have a K-Cup everywhere I go, I'm thinking of switching from half and half to non dairy creamer to cut back on the fat.

When I had to use the drip brewer it was 3 cups a day, just too much work to keep making pots and drip just doesn't stay fresh enough for me.

DW on the other hand makes a pot on Monday and finishes the same pot on Friday, one cup a day and doesn't care if its fresh.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #46

We have a Bunn Drip in the house, a Cuisinart carrife free in the RV.That keeps the carrrife from flying across the bus every time you turn a corner. We go thru 2-3 pot each morning. Fresh ground has a nice taste, but takes too long to get that first cup in your system and doing its thing.
ARTWERKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Fresh ground has a nice taste, but takes too long to get that first cup in your system and doing its thing.
Not if you have one of these Cuisinart Grind and Brew. Push the button, It grinds for about 30 seconds, then starts brewing. Standing over it while it is grinding will make you want to steal a cup before it's done, which you can do. It holds about 1/2 lb of beans and has a built-in burr grinder.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #48

Thor Owners Club
I am getting a Keurig for Christmas. I figure it will be good for the 5er as DW doesnt drink coffee. Normally I brew up about 3-4 cups of cafe in the mornin in my drip machine. I'm going to try the k cup that can be refilled with my own Costco coffee and see how that works for me.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #49

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
We both like our coffee, usually 2-3 12 cup pots over the course of the day. We use an all in one unit that grinds whole beans and runs the water through them to a pot. Great coffee, always fresh. We buy our beans from Costco in 2 or 3 pound bags. Good variety, great price.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #50

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
After falling for the high-priced coffee maker scam, I wised up, bought a $20 Mr. Coffee and never looked back. It's been going on 5 years now and every cup tastes as good as the first.
And I buy the coffee from Trader Joe's.
HERE HERE IM WITH YA ON THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #51

Send a message via Skype™ to LandKinaMoho
Stainless Steel French Press , Shore , $8 Mr Coffee travelling. Its a coffee grounds clean up mess thing :0)
LandKinaMoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #52

Went through several Keurig's which were replaced without question by Bed Bath & Beyond, then finally decided to try the Cusinart and it has worked great.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
We have the cuisinart grind and brew....hearing the beans grinding is our wake up call...then we snooze until the pot is brewed!
lenkerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We have a Bunn at the sticks & bricks house. Formerly a Mr. Coffee in the MH but it crapped out (technical term) so we bought a B&D. Height is a concern since we push it under cabinets on the counter top and black to match the appliances so that narrows the choices.

DD French vanilla coffee for us. I wish they sold it not ground but we have never seen it anywhere. The B&D drip works fine but is painfully slow compared to a Bunn.

It is tough going out for breakfast after getting used to good coffee. Everything tastes like dish water so we get a milk or orange juice.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #55

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our coach came with the B&D under cabinet unit. It had ruined the finish of the upper cabinet with steam, but we replaced it with another B&D. Recently we had all of our cabinets refinished and since I didn't want to ruin the finish and didn't want to get rid of the B&D, I now take a paper plate that has about 1/2 cut away and stick the plate between the cabinet and coffeemaker. The plate shields the cabinet and when I finish the coffee the plate goes back in the cabinet for next time.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #56

I too couldn't vote. I have yet to find a coffee maker that will make coffee hot enough for me, so I use the Melitta single cup drip filter system. Put filter on top of coffee cup, add ground coffee, pour in boiling water, let sit to drip into cup, enjoy. I do have a french press but rarely use it as by the time I go for a second cup the temp has dropped and I have to put cup into microwave to reheat.

Kaye
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote