Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: How do you make your coffee?
K-Cup Brewing System 57 28.93%
Drip Coffee Maker 119 60.41%
French Press 11 5.58%
Percolator 20 10.15%
Hobo Style 3 1.52%
Instant 10 5.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #71

We use a Nespresso Machine. It's not cheap, but I'm a coffee snob and it makes the best cup of coffee IMHO. Added a milk frother for our afternoon capuccino.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #72

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Planetary Design 48 oz French Press. double walled stainless - no glass to break.

Name:   image-801176945.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  20.7 KB
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #73

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by codgerbill View Post
Well... I guess I must not be a "serious" coffee drinker. I drink mine black (have been ever since the military 45 years ago) and 2 cups (sometimes 3 cups) in the morning is just about all I and the wife too, want.....
X2 Glad to see there are still some REAL MEN out there! Don't want or need any of that prissy flavored stuff, just give it to me black and strong made in a Bunn ! God Bless America!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Did you register your Keurig brewer? They have EXCELLENT customer service. Last year when our brewer pump died, they shipped us a brand new machine and we did not have to return the old one...just threw it out. We would never be without our Keurig.
I spoke to Keurig CS today and they advised me right where to look for a clog and sure enough, that's all it was. All fixed.

I can put the old percolator back in the back of the cabinet again.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #75
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
I spoke to Keurig CS today and they advised me right where to look for a clog and sure enough, that's all it was. All fixed.

I can put the old percolator back in the back of the cabinet again.
All's well that ends well!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #76

We have to say that we 2 of these regularly. When in a hurry or the weather outside is frightful, we use the drip maker inside. But the best coffee for us is using the peculator on the outside cookstove, it brews the best flavoured and hot cup of coffee in our opinion.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #77

I have a Hamilton beach drip coffee maker for the 5er. It has a flip out container for the coffee and flip out filler for water so the unit never moves from under the upper cabinets. You can also set the timer so coffee is waiting when you get up. When the power goes out I have a stainless Cabellas perculator you put on the stove. So, no matter the weather and the havoc it causes, I have fresh coffee in the morning. Having gone to school at U.C. Berkeley both as a grad and undergrad, I was indoctrinated into Peets coffee. I lived on it for 12 years during those finest years. Now a day can not begin without Peets. At home I use a Capresso Jura S9 only. I am a coffee addict. I am a Peetnick! As a Peetnick, I order 12 lbs a month and get free shipping and the coffee is roasted the day they send it so, it's always fresh. I never leave home without it and there is no substitute! My 5er has a 7 kw Onan generator installed in it. I bought it after I couldn't grind my beans one morning.
-Paul R. Haller-
Paul R. Haller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #78

Bunn!
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #79

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Does anyone out there use one of the Coleman Coffee makers that sit over the burners of the propane stove or the one with the built in heater?
Canadian Tire - Coleman Camping Coffee Maker customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings
Coleman Canada
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #80

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Boil water and add a teabag. After 50+ years as a coffee drinker, DH now joins me.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #81

Keurig. The one on my kitchen counter has been there for almost four years and still works flawlessly. The single serve in the rig is pushing three years and presents me with nice hot coffee every time I want it.
wydglydrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #82

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyFox View Post
We have to say that we 2 of these regularly. When in a hurry or the weather outside is frightful, we use the drip maker inside. But the best coffee for us is using the peculator on the outside cookstove, it brews the best flavoured and hot cup of coffee in our opinion.
Well I must say you are correct right there. Best coffee I've ever had came from a perk pot over a fire. None better, hands down.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #83

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Bunn in the house and Mr Coffee in coach.DH likes Mr Coffee the best,says it's hotter
roadmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #84

Scottybdivin, I might have to try that new Cuisinart, we had 1 about 10-12 yrs ago. It tasted great but the steam from brewing a pot made the coffee dust from the grinder gooey & you had to take the thing apart & clean it before you could make another pot. I hope they found a solution to that. We owned a coffee shop back then and had fresh roasted beans on hand to grind. My favorite was a Veracruz bean, dark roasted, just shy of French roasted.
ARTWERKE is offline   Reply With Quote