Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #43

Oh, yeah ... and I'm the wife in question.

Wish I could throw in a duffel bag and go, but I can't seem to do that. I think it may be a gender thing!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #44

Just think Bill Cosby and the Chocolate Cake...

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
It's swapped over here in the amount of time to pack and go. I take the shortest amount possible and Thom takes several days ......
Old 07-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #46

Over 20 years ago, prep was looooong.

Over time it got a lot shorter.
When we got it down to knowing "what we aint got, we dont need", it got a lot quicker.

And then we simplified it.

#1: leave the rope lights at home.
#2: leave the .......

There is a lot of "stuff" that is just frilly filler.

Got food?
Got beverage?
Got blanket?
Nuff!

If you are having fun, the rest is...fun!

The Journey is Our Destination!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #47

A few hours, tops. We have complete sets of everything we need in the coach, including clothes. We fill the gas tank coming back from a trip so we put her away full, pull all the laundry out and wash it, then pack the bag to go back (and if we're going to a naturalist campground, laundry is just a load of towels, which makes it a LOT easier!! )and then it's just a matter of going to the storage yard a few days before we plan to leave, leveling it out and turning on the fridge. Then on the day we're leaving we load up the food & the games and we're good to go.

The one thing I have started doing is going to the store the night before we're planning to leave & buying a fried chicken. Throw that in the fridge and if I /just/ don't feel like dealing with dinner when we get in, cold fried chicken is always perfect.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #48

Generally stop at Blue Beacon to wash on our way home. Fill with fuel. Once home park beside house do all laundry & clean inside. Repack all laundry & put in barn. Takes about an hour too leave next time. Hook toad & go. It's plugged in while in barn. Frig stays loaded.
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
During hurricane season we stay pretty much packed up all the time. We can be on the road in a few hours.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #50
HHg

Less than an hour. We only have to load "food", ourselves and our two dogs.

Hhg
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #51

An hour tops, Coach is always full of fuel and plugged in. Fridge has not been off since we bought it new in 2011. Load the pups, hook up the car and hit the button to lower the garage door
buh bye !
Old 07-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
We do like a lot of folks here. We keep the coach stocked and ready. We feel very lucky that we can keep our rig at home and not in storage. So when we get home from a trip DW can do laundry etc over the next few days and have it all ready to go again. Rig is always plugged in so frig is cold and batteries are hot. I can keep up with mechanical stuff. The weekend before we leave I check tires, fluids etc. get fishing gear onboard and do a quick check for correct seasonal clothes. To OP's original question, we could hook up, load the lap tops and go in about an hour but we usually sleep in ours the night before. I keep our rig under the roof shown here plugged in next to my shop in back but move it around front and have it backed in hooked up to toad and plugged in to a different 50 amp plug next to the garage. We will sleep with the slides in and whenever I wake up we go. When DW wakes up we are usually 2 or 3 hours down the road. I love driving when the roads are empty and it sure makes a quick getaway. This way DW can't remember some thing we need until we're too far away to go back. Leaving Friday for two weeks in Colorado. Last year it was a month but work is too busy this year to be gone that long. Life is good. Thank you God for all our blessings
Old 07-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #53

Food, laundry and some toiletries (mostly DW) and we're ready to roll. If you try to borrow back and forth from the house to the RV, you will go MAD.

Double up through camping season. Condiments, perishable toiletries, etc...) can come in at the end of season and get used up during the winter.

Part of our spring prep is stocking the RV. We do keep it plugged into electric during the season, so that helps.

I caught my DW bringing the waffle iron from the house on one trip. Guess what she got for Christmas? Yep, if you ever "need" a waffle iron and see us on the road, we'll have it.

This method of stocking both is one reason we moved to a Class A earlier than we had planned.
cj23andout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #54

No time at all. We're full timers. "Packing time" is one more thing I don't miss.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #55

We are getting faster at it. Most of my stuff stays in the MH. I fill up the water jugs, grab the satellite receiver, my clothes and I am done. The DW's job is to get the food, medicines, toilet accessories, etc. Mainly the items we don't want left in the 100 degree heat for a month or two while in storage. We bring the MH to the house two days before we leave to start the fridge running.

When we get back she washes the towels, sheets, etc. and puts them back in the MH before we put it back in storage. While she is cleaning the inside I am washing the outside.

We have a container set aside in the S&B that we put stuff in between trips. Then we just pick up the container and away we go.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #56

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I know this thread is a couple months old, but I still want to respond.

The first trip out it took me about 4 hours to pack. That was in June of 2011.

My last trip it took me 4 trips and I was finished and ready to depart in about an hour. I am very proud of that, I duplicated some of the dog toys and their beds, which saves a trip, but can't get away without my favorite pillow and of course the cpap, along with some favorite shirts/shorts etc I like.

I like to get everything ready the night before, after sun goes down, remove the outside shades, tire covers, etc, then in the morning transfer over to the genny power, go get showered up in the bricks house and hit the road.

Last departure from the CG I finally got my morning departure duties evened out......I do as much as I can after sundown the eve before departure rather than jamming it all together in the morning of departure, a lot less work the next morning.