Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #43
I don't own any but I work for a car guy who has in his collection a:
'54 power glide
'58 fuelie four speed
'63 split window small block four speed
'65 396 four barrel 425 hp four speed
'67 427 tri-power four speed
'78 25th anniversary model automatic
'93 40th anniversary model 5 speed w/295 miles
'06 405 hp automatic

and also a 2010 Camero SS. My job is to wipe the dust off of them and exercise them (all but the '93) occasionally. It is a tough job but someone has to do it.

dbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2011, 05:58 AM   #44

no vette but what about Porsche-(current one is '87)--we could hijack your thread.
either way you get attached and many later regret giving one up.

Gary & Cynthia
Lancaster, Ky
etcmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #45
Great topic here. I've got a '86 coupe with a forged 383ci mini-rammed motor, manual valve body th400 with a Gear Vendors overdrive, tons of suspension and brake mods, roll bar, harnesses, etc.... I do NCCC low and high speed events, hpde track events, and SCCA autocrosses.

My now 22 year old son bought his first Vette fall of his senior year of high school. A '87 coupe. Turned it into a track car, completely gutted, no glass, lexan hatch, aluminum race seats, cage, stock motor, ZF6 man. trans, big brakes, lots of suspension mods, 2700lbs, huge Hoosiers all the way around, does very well at high speed and NASA events:

Then a couple years ago he bought a '99 Fixed Roof Coupe. Turning that into a "One Lap of America" and NASA ST2 car. He had a 442ci motor built for it. Dyno got 600 wheel h/p. Tons of brake and suspension on that one too. Front brakes are Stop Tech with 15" rotors, 6 pistons. He's a nut, I don't know where he gets it from but he's worked very hard and doesn't have any loans on either Vette or his '06 Trailblazer SS (LS2 Vette powered of coarse):

Here's our enclosed trailer at the track:

MN is home for now.
Bob86ZZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #46
I have owned eight corvettes dating back to 1978,when I bought a new 25th Anniversary edition in 1978,the year after I finished high school.My current vette is a 2008 silver convertible.The best bang-for-the-buck hi performance car you can buy any where in the world,hands down.

twoodard is offline   Reply With Quote