Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Are you a cribbage player
Yes 22 81.48%
No 4 14.81%
No, but I'd love to learn 1 3.70%
I thought it was for Centenarians only 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
How many play Cribbage?

I know Good Sam has some tournaments and I wish FMCA would add them to their rallies.

I am new at the game. My Great Grandfather use to play it all the time and I still have the board he made. I have been carrying a board I made with me in the RV for several years and never found anyone to teach me until recently. Two members at a recent chapter rally took the time out to show me the ropes. I had fun. Three of us played quite a few games that weekend.
I practice with the computer using this software:
Quick Cribbage for Windows
Works great except I think the computer seems to get alot of 15's

ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #2

We used to play it every day at sea in the Navy. I haven't played it since, and it would take me a few minutes to remember how.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #3

Don't play (trouble counting to 15) but have watched hundreds of games over the years.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
It's funny you should ask. I used to play all the time with my Dad when he was still alive. Quite often we would play "partners" with my Uncle and one my Brothers or Sisters. I had not played in years and just the other night while visiting at my Sister's house, my Niece was looking for someone to play cribbage with. It was fun re-learning the game. Of course she won.

I tried downloading the Quick Cribbage for Windows at the link ctcamper provided and AVG anit-virus issued an alert. The same game can be safely downloaded at CNET from Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - CNET Download.com
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
It was our family's game of choice when I was growing up. I carried a board in my flight bag the entire time I was in 'Nam.

My second wife and I play several times per week in the evening. We also have a standing date for three-handed on Saturday morning with a good friend.

Occasionally we run into rules variations when we play.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #6

Learned how to play by sitting at the table and watching Mom and Dad play. That is one of the games they used to teach me to count. Still play when camping and have taught my 7 and 8 year olds how to play.
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
How many play Cribbage?

What is the total population of all the people living in a state bordering Canada added to the population of Canada? Add in folks that were born there or hang out with people from there and that's your answer! My father in law was a Canadian and we played almost every evening. He retired to the south and the locals had no idea what the board with all the holes in it was for until he got them involved.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Yes played a lot in the Navy but haven't really played in years. It would be fun playing in a tournament at a rally.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Had a CWO(Navy) commanding officer...I learned to play from this ole Submariner..love to play, but have problems finding someone to play...tried to teach my Wife how to play, but when I remembered a move, scoring, etc, she said I was cheating..so the lessons were stopped...love the game..but has been a long time since I played. I did meet a RVer in Eagle Nest, NM and played a few games with him...been a few years back..
O
Old 11-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #10

The wife and I play but she's better than I am. I've only managed to beat her a couple of times. It's a great way to pass the time. My game is spades but it's hard to play two handed.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's so hard to find people to play, I wonder where all the 10 million people mentioned at britannica are:
cribbage (card game) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

This is a funny write up:
History of Cribbage | Krehl's Krib

Link I gave for the quick cribbage program checks ok on my end. No flags with my malware/av programs It's the developers website. He is working on a new version but it seems to do it's job as is. I don't know what he could do to make it better IMO. Nice simple program, I did trials on some others and they had too much animation and took forever with all the fancy dealing and talking characters in some cases.
Computer is still nothing like real people.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcamper View Post
Link I gave for the quick cribbage program checks ok on my end. No flags with my malware/av programs It's the developers website.
AVG alerted because it recognized it as a worm. The other link I provided was to CNET Downloads. CNET is a well known and highly reputable download site and I just provided the link as an alternative in case anyone else's anti-virus alerted during an attempted download.

There is also a Cribbage Android app. It's free if you just want to play against the phone or you can pay $2.99 and play online against others Android users. It's at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...NyaWJiYWdlIl0.

Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote