Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #1

During the WINTER months I average drinking between SIX and TEN 12 oz bottles of water every day of the week..

But during the hot SUMMER months I average between TEN and FIFTEEN 12 oz bottles every day..

And in addition to the water I drink each day, I also drink two 20 oz cups of hot tea and two 20 oz glasses of ice tea per day and one can of soda pop.

I also drink a minimum of three beers per week as prescribed by my doctor.. Yes, I'm serious....
beer helps prevents dehydration and my doctor told me to drink one every day, but I cheat and only drink one about every other day or so..

Salt is important also... so I average a couple of handfuls of salty snacks each day.... like peanuts or chips, etc,... in addition to my two** regular meals each day.

** I only eat breakfast and dinner, never lunch..

Whats your daily intake of liquids during the hot summertime ?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #2

During the WINTER months I average drinking between SIX and TEN 12 oz bottles of water every day of the week..

But during the hot SUMMER months I average between TEN and FIFTEEN 12 oz bottles every day..

And in addition to the water I drink each day, I also drink two 20 oz cups of hot tea and two 20 oz glasses of ice tea per day and one can of soda pop.

I also drink a minimum of three beers per week as prescribed by my doctor.. Yes, I'm serious....
beer helps prevents dehydration and my doctor told me to drink one every day, but I cheat and only drink one about every other day or so..

Salt is important also... so I average a couple of handfuls of salty snacks each day.... like peanuts or chips, etc,... in addition to my two** regular meals each day.

** I only eat breakfast and dinner, never lunch..

Whats your daily intake of liquids during the hot summertime ?

Old 07-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #3

according to my wife and doctor,beer ''any alcohol promotes dehydration tho it helps keep your kidneys flushed. I drink 8 glass's of water each day . you cant live on beer alone..trust me i used to trY!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #4

I agree with what you say, but, you need to go back and read my post again...

I said that my doctor told me to drink "a" beer every day ... not two or three beers a day

and I said that I only drank about three per week... thats about one beer every other day..

While it is true that too much alcohol is not good for the body... it is also true that a limited amount of alcohol has been proven to be beneficial to good health..

Almost every health professional agrees that "a" beer or "a" glass of wine per day, etc.. is good for the body.

I had never tasted any alcoholic drink until I was twenty years old and in the US Navy.. I got dehydrated so bad that I ended up in the hospital for several days...

While there the doctor made me drink a beer every eight hours to restore the things that my body needed to recover.

Of course being typical government operation, they force fed me the worse tasting brand on the market... Budweiser..

Too this day, I will not touch a Budweiser beer..
Old 07-07-2008, 06:59 AM   #5
doc

Appalachian Campers
So John, do you have time to do anything besides go to the bathroom?
Old 07-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I always thought beer should be poured back into the horse that it came from, as that is what it tastes like.( no I do not have first hand knowledge of that, but it sure smells and looks like it) Personally, a nice chilled glass of full bodied red wine does the trick.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buckeyes:
I always thought beer should be poured back into the horse that it came from, as that is what it tastes like.( no I do not have first hand knowledge of that, but it sure smells and looks like it) Personally, a nice chilled glass of full bodied red wine does the trick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahahaaa... You are thinking about Budweiser beers.. I believe it does come directly from a horse or pig.. haven't figured out which..

Buckeyes, you've given a good example the old saying
..."Different Strokes For Different Folks" ...

It's just the opposite for me... I will get nauseated at just the smell of wine,... any wine... and start throwing up.

Seriously... I don't know what it is, but the odor of wine, liquorice candy or Dr. Pepper will makes me throw up almost as soon as I smell it.

The first time I met my last wife, I told her how wine effected me... and if she drank wine she would have to take a cab home, because she was not getting into my truck or coming to my house.

She didn't believe me... I walked out of the restaurant and went home alone.
I did not see her for several days.. until she called me and apologized.

Harrumph.. wished now I had never answered the phone..

I don't get near anyone who is drinking wine or Dr.Pepper and don't allow it in my vehicles, home or RV..

John