Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2017, 05:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro45640 View Post
Why do you have to drink bottled water? What is wrong with tap water?
Its hard water and it tastes like bleach, well to me it does. Besides have you ever seen the inside of a water pipe, its disgusting.
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HD cooling
Durango Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2017, 06:12 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_H View Post

We picked up a battery powered water pump off Amazon and carry a couple of 5 gal water dispenser bottles with us. The active bottle sits in a cupboard and we refill at a water dispenser available at grocery stores or free standing dispensers where available. A 5 gal refill cost $1.00 to $3.50, depending on location.
Thats a lot of weight in an RV Cabinet!
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:16 AM   #17

We don't full time. We just take extended trips. I just don't trust the water from the tank. its the PURIFIED water for us, not the bottled "spring" water.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:30 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
We just left AZ where the temps were between 103 and 116 every day and went through a 35 pack every two days.
Yes at least 1/2 gallon a day

momdoc
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdoc View Post
We just left AZ where the temps were between 103 and 116 every day and went through a 35 pack every two days.
Yes at least 1/2 gallon a day

momdoc
Sorry can't resist; it's a "dry" heat.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:45 AM   #20

We are on a well, here at home, which is great water... But we drink bottled water,,, along with our 4 legged kid... Even though we bought the rv new,,, we take bottled water to drink and her coffee. On a side note,,, beer is made with water......
Monkey
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:56 AM   #21

If you don't trust the water in your tank then what do you shower with? You know the skin is the largest organ the body has and that it absorbes bacteria and contaminated water just like you drink it. So are you not showering or brushing your teeth or washing your dishes with tank water either? I don't drink tap water because of the taste but I don't use bottled water, it's a waste of plastic and money. Buy a Berkey water filter and call it a good day, they also make shower filters if you really want to go nuts. Buy an inline water filter and install it your camper, super easy modification. Sanitize your system like your supposed to every season at a minimum. I've seen the insides of my water pipes, squeaky clean because I bleach and flush my system as recommended.
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:02 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie. View Post
We don't full time. We just take extended trips. I just don't trust the water from the tank. its the PURIFIED water for us, not the bottled "spring" water.
I much prefer the spring water, cant stand the purified water.
wredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:17 AM   #23

I've tried the purified water and it seems to not quench my thirst, like it is "dry" water, if that makes any sense. However, I drank a bottle of Propel water with electrolytes (not flavored) and wow, was it good! Of course, you shouldn't drink these all day long, but wow, it was good!
CMelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:23 AM   #24

We have well water. It tastes great tests safe every year. We sanitize tank each spring and fill. Glad you brought up water. As far as bottled. My last job before retiring had me hauling into landfills a lot. Please recycle those bottles. You would not believe the amount that comes into the landfills. Such a waste of resources.
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #25

Problem is it has no COFFEE in it!!........and fish do funny things in it.....just say'n
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:57 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
If you don't trust the water in your tank then what do you shower with? You know the skin is the largest organ the body has and that it absorbes bacteria and contaminated water just like you drink it. So are you not showering or brushing your teeth or washing your dishes with tank water either?
Well now that you mention it i do suffer from Ablutophobia. So no i dont do it as frequently as others. But then again im not as active as others either. Also i only have two teeth (lost them in accident) so no i dont brush.

Now i do wash my dishes but im on park water when i do that, this also goes for showering as well. I will have to deal with the tank water one day when i boondock with a generator. But until then im ok..
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HD cooling
Durango Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:10 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Dupont Drinking Water Filter Purifier System, $ 177

Here is a under sink system that you can install in your RV that will create pure water and save you trips to buy bottled water. I installed it so I could make my own drinking and cooking water, even in Mexico. Filters are supposed to be changed every 1,000 gallons. Refill filters to do the next 1,000 gallons are about $ 120. If you have a refrigerator with ice maker you can install a tee and feed it off the same system.

The DuPont 3-stage QuickTwist Under Sink Water Filtration Purifier System features the best residential organic contaminant filtration system on the market. The system includes two 7000 series cartridges to provide a great flow rate of one gallon per minute. It removes CTO, VOCs, cysts, heavy metals, viruses and bacteria and does not require a tank or drain to install, unlike reverse osmosis systems. This system also features an sink top water dispenser with automatic water shut-off for ease of use. If you want the best quality water with a great flow rate and a low-profile design that's easy to install, this is the system for you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:53 PM   #28

Sanitize your fresh water tank and plumbing lines......

1/4 cup bleach per 15 gallons of water.

As far as ''have you seen the inside of water lines"
----have you seen the water bottling plant.....use same water supply you could use to fill your cleaned fresh water tank
And don't even look at those filters used at vendor dispensing machines.

RVng is NOT complicated..stop making it so
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water