Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #29
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
I have a different take on using credit cards online. I use CitiCard with virtual numbers. It works this way: When I am ready to purchase, I being up the CitiCard Application on the screen. I sign in and ask it to give me a virtual number. The card then generates a number, along with an expiration date and the three digit code. I click on auto fill and it is done. The great thing about the virtual number is that it can only be used once. Even if someone gets the number it can not be used for another purchase because it is a one-time usable number. Each purchase uses a new virtual number. Joe
Thanks for that tip. I use a cc online quite a bit & I did not realize this was available. Went to my CC's website & found it. I signed up & will now use it instead of my actual account #.

dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #30
Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
An other example, Email received this morning:

From: "North middlesex savings bank..." <form28938@nmsb.com>Add sender to Contacts
To: undisclosed-recipients
Message contains attachments1 File (12KB)
You have received this form because your account has been temporarily suspended for security reasons.
Please download the form attached to this email and open it in a web browser.

Thank you.

Don't have any accounts nor have we every heard of the bank so deleted, but wonder how many would follow the instructions.

googled the name and a message at their 800 number indicates they are aware.

'4? Wife Lynda
'08 F450 PSD CREW
'08 Newmar Cypress 36LKSH
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #31
Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Banks will never ask you to submit your info on an email form. If you get a notice like that, and you do have a bank with whoever it is, just give your bank a call with the phone number you have already. If it's legit, they'll tell you.
I offered our travel trailer for sale in several places, and got so many scam responses I simply gave up.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

tmh462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #32
CitiBank scams

An update on the CitiBank e-mail scams- other people I know are getting them as well - went to the official CitiBank website and they are www.citibank.com - they have a "Fraudalant E-Mail" link under their 'Security' link and if you get one you can send it in - seems to be a major problems for the banks - tried to post the fraud e-mail but could not and I cannot send a message to them- it bounces back - they have a link in the email that gives you access to your account - if anyone gets this e-mail a DO NOT click on that link just delete the e-mail - also my Norton Anti Virus quarantened one of those money for Nigeria e-mails I got a month ago and it is an actual Trojan virus -
RV Mech Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:44 AM   #33
Thanks for alerting @RV Mech Tech
donald.bradl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:38 PM   #34
I received the below email today:

Dear customer,

Please give us only 5 minutes of your valuable time to ask you some questions about our products . Please be aware that we will not ask you about any personal information.

In return, we will credit $90.00 to your account - just for your time.

If you want to answer our simply 8 questions , please click the link below :

McDonald's | Customer Satisfaction Survey

Thank you for helping us to become better .

Sincerely, McDonald's Survey Department.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response.

The email did not contain any of McDonalds logos or other info. I contacted McDonalds customer service. I was told they do not send this type of request and it was most likely a scam to get bank account info. I did not go to the link provided because it looked like a scam to me. Please be careful about emails.
2014 Wildwood 27RKSS 2004 Nissan Titan Pilot Steve
Co-Pilot Marlene Furry Four Leg children: Fancy Lab/Chow, LB Little Bit, Maltese, Rocky, Border Terrier
StStg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:01 AM   #35
This is CLEARLY a Scam

ANY email reply that is worded such as the one you received and posted, or worded close to that IS A SCAM.

First of all, they will ALWAYS say in some fashion:

what is the best offer/price you've received? What condition is it in? You have ALREADY listed the condition in the ad, I'm sure.

THEN they ALWAYS have a story about being out of the country ... yadda yadda yadda .... I don't bother to even acknowledge these emails. I DO say in my listing PHONE CALLS ONLY ... also clearly list this is a CASH, YOU PICK UP deal. My humble opinion.
Joe & Mariel Warren, Swan Valley, ID/Seattle, WA
'97 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, 2011 Dutchman Voltage, and a 90LB Yellow Lab
marielw824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When we bought our last used RV, I had the seller show me the actual title of the RV and that it was in his name and free and clear. We arranged for the sale, and I had my bank do a direct wire transfer to his bank account.

I would not accept any "bank drafts", "cashier checks", "money orders", cash, etc. Deal only with US banks and nothing gets moved transferred etc, until the money is confirmed and in your account. do not deal with "transfer agents" or such.

A legitimate buyer will understand your concern and work with you.

Do not respond to any bank or credit card emails or phone calls with any personal information. Hang up and contact the bank or CC company directly to the number you know as a legitimate contact point.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote