Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #1

As the original post for "Is it just me?" I thought that perhaps I'd change the heading to draw more people into the conversation. If we can get enough people involved - and not buy Citgo products - perhaps we can make a difference & hurt this lunatic in the wallet.

Just another thing - can you believe the TV ads featuring Joe Kennedy 'shilling' for Citgo by dragging fuel lines to another satisfied customer. How low can you go, Joe?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #2

As the original post for "Is it just me?" I thought that perhaps I'd change the heading to draw more people into the conversation. If we can get enough people involved - and not buy Citgo products - perhaps we can make a difference & hurt this lunatic in the wallet.

Just another thing - can you believe the TV ads featuring Joe Kennedy 'shilling' for Citgo by dragging fuel lines to another satisfied customer. How low can you go, Joe?

Old 02-03-2007, 01:08 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
When wondering if some rumor is true, such as a so-called "urban legend," I check the website Snopes.com . I checked on this one, wondering if we'd really get this guy where it hurts. The explanation says -- sorry, because the way business is set up, not likely.

Any boycott is likely nothing more than symbolic. Interestingly, I discovered there is an opposite campaign to buy Citgo if you somehow want to protest President Bush!

There are e-mail campaigns both ways! I'm just going to keep buying my gas at Costco.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:52 PM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I will go out of my way "not" to buy from Cirgo. My Citgo card went in the shredder.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm just going to keep buying my gas at Costco. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow. Wish we could get diesel at costco. Last time I got gas there for my car, they were 18 cents less than my corner station.
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:

Wow. Wish we could get diesel at costco. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you! My little diesel could use some of that less expensive stuff!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:53 AM   #7

Don't kid yourself. This country has 70% of its own natural resources. It can survive. He has made deals with S. America, Cuba, China etc for his oil. Building refineries and transporting stations as we speak.
Yes he is crazed but a very smart man. Along with all the other crazed and intelligent who have ruled our country and hurt our political position in the world. We are not liked in a whole lot of places. Our arrogance has soured people.
Wish it could all change for future generations.
There is not much choices or improvement in our future election.
Where do we go from here
Old 03-14-2007, 04:24 PM   #8

I agree that for me to NOT buy Citgo products is probably no more than symbolic. However, it does make me feel better that by my lone symbolism I am at least not supporting this international rip off artist. Will it change anything-probably not; but, it beats the heck out of doing nothing, Ken.....
Old 03-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #9

Our arrogance?

Could you please define what you mean by this comment?

Also I am curious about your statement: We are not liked in a whole lot of places.

Where are the "places" you are referring too and why we should care?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dockqueen:
Don't kid yourself. This country has 70% of its own natural resources. It can survive. He has made deals with S. America, Cuba, China etc for his oil. Building refineries and transporting stations as we speak.
Yes he is crazed but a very smart man. Along with all the other crazed and intelligent who have ruled our country and hurt our political position in the world. We are not liked in a whole lot of places. Our arrogance has soured people.
Wish it could all change for future generations.
There is not much choices or improvement in our future election.
Where do we go from here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:45 AM   #10

CITGO's Low Cost Heating Oil Program
CITGO Petroleum Corporation made its first delivery of discount heating oil of the 2006-2007 winter season in New York City on Nov. 17th.

The CITGO-Venezuela Heating Oil Program is targeting more than 100 million gallons to more than 400,000 households in 16 states, more than doubling the commitment made last year.

"We are more than just an oil company. We are neighbors and friends who care for those in need," said CITGO President and CEO FĂ©lix RodrĂ*guez. "This is a people-to-people program that comes from the heart of Venezuela to the homes of American families who just can't pay their energy bills."

The program, being implemented in partnership with Citizens Energy Corporation, was created in 2005 to offset a perfect storm of catastrophic events within some of the poorest and most vulnerable communities in the United States. Decreased supplies, resulting from hurricanes Katrina and Rita, led to steep increases in fuel costs while cuts in the federal Heating Oil Assistance Program placed unbearable burdens on family budgets already stretched thin.

2006 Windsor PRT
Dalsn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #11

CIT-NO here!
Old 04-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
i have the next exit and never stop at a citgo,why in this country of (Arrogance) everybody kills themselves getting here and then complains about it
God Bless America
Old 04-07-2007, 08:24 PM   #13

You asked me to define arrogance of the americans. cnbc posted a survey that was done in germany. Who are you more afraid of to damage world peace. USA or Iran. Ans. USA.
People in the world do not like us like you think. Go beyond your borders and quit hiding out.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:01 PM   #14

Your time could be productively spend if you sat down and wrote 10 reasons why America is a great country instead of quoting some biased, "survey" pandering to and gleefully voted on by some of the brainwashed "hate America" European kool aid drinkers

As long as you are hated, it's better to be feared
By James Lewis

Tehran isn't interested in loving the West, or even in tolerating us. If you doubt it, just listen to the Khomeini gang. Since the 1979 they've been yelling "Death to America! Death to Israel!" Have we not heard?

Even while the Brit Left is busily trying to figure out a way to blame America for Tehran's barefaced kidnapping of 15 UK Service personnel, The Telegraph is rediscovering common sense. In an editorial entitled, "If they hate us, let them also fear us" they are drawing the obvious conclusions.

No doubt a lot of Europeans were secretly glad that they were not the target of all that mass hatred. But of course that's simple self delusion. Khomeini and his followers were taught to hate the whole West, including Europe and America --- for its wealth, power,...freedoms, capitalism, Christianity, its free press,... and for conquering Andaluz in 1495. (If you forgot how we conquered Andaluz and drove out the Muslims, Ahmadinejad hasn't. Nor has Osama Bin Laden.)

In fact, Europe has very conveniently blacked out its own history. Europe as a unifying idea arose to resist numerous Muslim invasions --- in Spain, France, Eastern Europe, even in the British Isles, which were the subject of slave raiding well into the 18th century. That's what the Song of Roland is all about, the first European epic poem. That's what Charlemagne was all about, the hero of today's European Union. You can try to imagine that's all past, but Ahmadinejad lives in the past. That's what "Islam" means to the radicals: Surrender to the 7th century, or get your head chopped off.
Short of running up the white flag the West has only one strategic option: To show its real mettle. This will upset the fantasy-prone Left to no end, but it's so obvious that only a fool or a professor could think otherwise.

The West is far more powerful than the madcap mullahs. What they have over us is sheer pig-headed fanaticism. But if you pit two speedboats with armed IRGC zealots against a couple of boatloads of oh-so-polite Brits, the zealots will win every time.

Now politeness is a very good thing. Queen Victoria, as far as we can tell, was extremely polite every day of her long reign. But she was no fool. The Victorians understood that civilized behavior only works with civilized countries. They would have very politely come to an instant conclusion: "If they hate us, let them also fear us" --- and taken the necessary action. That's not cruel, mean, or imperialistic. It's elementary common sense.

Just one warning shot from HMS Cornwall would have stopped the kidnappers in their tracks, because they were conducting a carefully planned provocation. It was a test of British resolve, courage and power. They still are doing it today to squeeze every drop of advantage out of their mischief.

Ahmadinejad understands that game very well. He's run his whole career on the principle of inspiring fear. That's how the mullahs stay in power and keep the people of Iran in abject misery.

In a decade or so, London will be within easy range of Iranian weapons of mass destruction, along with Paris and Berlin. The purpose of Tehran's rush to nukes is to inspire a **** of a lot more fear than today's exercise in intimidation. Turn tail now, and they will gain more confidence that Europe will turn tail when they get the Big Bomb.

Does the British government understand the obvious? Or will Prime Minister Blair try to buy off the mullahs --- like Roman Prodi just bought off the Taliban --- hoping that the crocodile will eat him last?

James Lewis is a frequent contributor to American Thinker. He blogs at http://www.dangeroustimes.wordpress.com/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dockqueen:
You asked me to define arrogance of the americans. cnbc posted a survey that was done in germany. Who are you more afraid of to damage world peace. USA or Iran. Ans. USA.
People in the world do not like us like you think. Go beyond your borders and quit hiding out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote