Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Humana drug plan

I have Humana Medicare Part D and a month ago I hit my donut hole. I went to get a 90 day refill of Celebrex and CVS wanted me to pay over $500 for the Celebrex. I told them I had some samples that my Dr. had given me, so I let them keep them. I am almost out of the samples and went back to CVS to get a 30 day supply of Celebrex. I had to pay $45 for my copay. They told me I still had $300 left on the drug plan. I have no idea where I am with drug plan. I had reached my donut hole a month back and now I got $300 left. CVS does not show what I pay and what the drug plan pays. I
know next year there is no donut hole but what is the plan going to cost.
Tom .
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:10 AM   #2
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
...I know next year there is no donut hole but what is the plan going to cost.
Tom .
Go to medicare.gov, scroll down below the yellow box to the paragraph with "NOTE" in front of it, and click on "Medicare Options Compare." When the next page comes up, fill in your info and look for Medicare Part D drug plans in your area. Your current plan, plus many more, should be listed with their costs for 2011.

I think somewhere along the way, you will be able to enter all your drugs, and your overall drug costs will be calculated. I think you will also be able to create a login ID and save the drug list for future to use.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:05 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I hit that same ''hole'' with the Crestor at CVS for a 3 month supply. I get it that way because we travel and sometimes getting scrips filled is like pulling teeth. I, like you, almost had a stroke when they told me the price. Since I am a vet I went to Va and did a little paper work and got ''groped'' by a pretty female doctor and two weeks later I got a bag full of drugs for ten bucks a whack. I am seventy years old and have never applied for VA benefits because I felt there were Vets that needed the ''bennies'' much more than me. They were very nice at the VA and they treated me with much respect and courtesy and they thanked me for my service to this nation. It was amazing how simple it was to get the ''Bennies''. Just show your DD214 and your drivers license and go in a little room and ''get groped'' by a pretty female doctor, and carry a ''list of your drugs'' and BINGO. You are on the program.
ps. The ''groping'' aint all that bad if you relax first......lol .... (I asked if she would like to go to dinner or a drink after she washed her hand and she said NO. such is life i guess...)

God bless our vets ...... ALL GAVE SOME .... SOME GAVE ALL....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
I have Humana Medicare Part D and a month ago I hit my donut hole. I went to get a 90 day refill of Celebrex and CVS wanted me to pay over $500 for the Celebrex. I told them I had some samples that my Dr. had given me, so I let them keep them. I am almost out of the samples and went back to CVS to get a 30 day supply of Celebrex. I had to pay $45 for my copay. They told me I still had $300 left on the drug plan. I have no idea where I am with drug plan. I had reached my donut hole a month back and now I got $300 left. CVS does not show what I pay and what the drug plan pays. I
know next year there is no donut hole but what is the plan going to cost.
Tom .
Have you explored switching to a generic equivalent drug? For example, I was taking Lipitor and running close to getting into the donut hole. I switched to Simvastatin (generic) and it works just as well with no more risk of getting into the 'hole'. I know that Lipitor and Celebrex are not for the same problem. But, perhaps there is some other generic that will work as well as Celebrex for you.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:47 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to frederick w
I have to check but with the VA I believe there's no
donut hole. I have a 10% disability and I also got
free glasses. I didn't get groped but I guess I have
to make another appointment with the lady doctor.
Fred from Pasco, WA.
frederick w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by edj View Post
Have you explored switching to a generic equivalent drug? For example, I was taking Lipitor and running close to getting into the donut hole. I switched to Simvastatin (generic) and it works just as well with no more risk of getting into the 'hole'. I know that Lipitor and Celebrex are not for the same problem. But, perhaps there is some other generic that will work as well as Celebrex for you.
As far as I know there is no generic for Celebrex . Humana suggested something else that was cheaper and I told my Dr and he gave me a prescription and it was no where as good. I suffered with it for a month. My Dr. also gave me samples of the 200 mg Celebrex and told me to take two a day. I tried to cut back to one, a big mistake.
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:43 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
sorry but Celebrex does not come in generic form.
As for the VA, thats where I go, and me too get groped by a young doctor, I have to go in 16 and the 17 of this month, yippee on one hand, and the other is ohh crap.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #8
edj

Too bad you could not find a generic equivalent that you could use. Sometimes the cheaper drugs work and sometimes not.... On the good side, a Celebrex generic should be available in 2014 when the patent runs out. So, only four more years of digging deep in your pocket.... In the following section of the generic link, there is a list of all the alternative drugs available.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote