Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #15
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Been there done that in a Cat 1. We evacuated for Ike and where we went, so did Ike and he was a Cat 1 with the eye about 3 miles East of us in Willis, TX. Slides came in, power went off, genny came on, tree fell opposite direction of windshield. Not fun, not fun at all. Next time I'm leaving earlier, and going further.

Good luck to you all. I feel your apprehensions, I really do.

Stay safe.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #16

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66
I hear Pikes Peak is lovely this time of the year.
It is but, driving the rig up that road is real tough on the fuel mileage!

4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
My thoughts, prayers & hopes for the best are with all our members in the path of Irene. Please be safe & head inland if you need to.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #18
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
No need to flee.

Here in northern Delaware we're too far from the coast and too high for any storm surge. We'll have some river and stream flooding in low lying areas, but the most widespread problem will be trees and branches coming down from the wind.

I have a case of Moon pies and 5 gallons of RC Cola, so I'm all set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Hey Dirk where you live in Delaware isn't looking all that great, and you're coach less how are you going to flee?

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
moon pies and rc! wait for me!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
They are calling for plenty of rain winds 30-60. I've been through worse 30 stories up in a building under construction. I can't go home and one of the tracks shows it hitting the Adirondacks. I thing I'll sit tight, very tight. I was in Waveland Miss. after the storm helping with the rebuild and wouldn't take the chance anything like that.
When I went through Waveland, there wasn't anything left standing.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Like Ive read----go west young man, go west.

I was down in Ocean springs Miss. after the big one went throught there; people disappeared, this storm is going right through where you are at; I would be on my way. adventure? I've been through hurricanes, I live in Florida; If I was given your choise, I'd be on my way.
2X... You got that right. I went through Charlie and lost my home and my wife of 23 years. The house is insured so pack up the rig and get out of Dodge with your life. Anything over a cat 2 is very dangerous and you will be without power, water and shelter for weeks (if you survive). Get out now while you still can!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
2X... You got that right. I went through Charlie and lost my home and my wife of 23 years. The house is insured so pack up the rig and get out of Dodge with your life. Anything over a cat 2 is very dangerous and you will be without power, water and shelter for weeks (if you survive). Get out now while you still can!
Like that shiny new truck. I've done my homework, went to the Township and looked at the flood plain maps we're aok there high ground nary a stream in sight. Talked to the campground owner going to help him tie down loose tables and chairs on Sunday am. They have down graded to a tropical storm. Batten down the hatches matey we're in for a hard blow That Mainiac terminology rubs off in times of stress
Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
No need to flee.

Here in northern Delaware we're too far from the coast and too high for any storm surge. We'll have some river and stream flooding in low lying areas, but the most widespread problem will be trees and branches coming down from the wind.

We are well stocked with Cherry Pepsi and whoopi pies mmmmm. Looks like we'll be fine. Putting our names & SS numbers in plastic bags and duct taping to our legs so they can identify us. Pray that all to the south are ok.
Double checked homeowners and we're covered for hurricanes
Old 08-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #24

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

BE SAFE and don't take any chances. If there is any chance of high winds, thunder/lightning, possible hurricane get the HELL out of Dodge. You can come back later and help as necessary to put things back together.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #25
2LT

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
No need to flee.

Route 66 - our boat is in Summit North Marina on the C & D Canal. Hopefully the area doesn't take too hard of a hit. That marina is labeled as a safe harbor. We'll see!

We are north of there (SE PA) and awaiting 'our time' for Irene. We're inland as you but are concerned about excessive rain, wind, and area flooding. We are due to be hit by Irene late tonight and tomorrow. They are saying now it should move through and clear by tomorrow afternoon. Brought the RV home just in case we have power outages. At least we'll have a freezer/frig. We've never been through this before - only lived on the east coast 7 years.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well here we sit still in Wells ME. Electric was out for 10 hours. Pray for those in Vermont as the storm tracked west. No trees down, just some TWIGS wow. It is so beautiful here we have extended over Labor day ( someone canceled) Life is Good, tomorrow I will be married to my beautiful Peggy for 45 years. As I said life is good!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
hurricane