Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #197

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
  • Canada (18.2%)
  • Mexico (11.4%)
  • Saudi Arabia (11.0%)
  • Venezuela (10.1%)
  • Nigeria (8.4%)
  • Balance home sourced
This is from a page with 2007 numbers.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #198

Quote:
Technology does improve availability, but we're having to drill in tougher and tougher spots. As such, I consider (defect) spending on hybrid incentives to be helping to push innovation...
Natural gas is selling for 30% of what it was 5 years ago due to the combination of fracking and horizontal drilling. This same thing can happen with crude oil if the politicians will allow it. Dependance on foreign oil is a political problem an nothing else.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #199

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
Natural gas is selling for 30% of what it was 5 years ago due to the combination of fracking and horizontal drilling.
Probably true, but you left demand out of the equation. Its cheaper now because supplies have increased at a faster rate than demand. If we were to ramp up NG vehicle production and make filling stations widely available, demand would quickly outstrip supply and make prices skyrocket, right?
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #200

The new technology has increased production by huge incromental amounts. Natural gas just passed coal as the largest prodducer of electricity in the US. The huge deposits of natural gas are vitrually untapped. The amounts recoverable are astounding. I see natural gas as the transportation fuel of the future. Others with great success histories have also bet large amounts of money on it. Pilot/Flying Jay (owned by a multi billionaire who knows about these things) is invest to put LNG and CNG in 550 stations nationwide and over the road truck designed to run on it, (not converted) are being built as fast as they can be build. Now over 250,000 CNG vehicles in America, mainly heavy haulers. This is the wave of the future. There is now a 50 cent per Diesel Fuel Equivalent on CNG which brings the cost down to 90 to 90 cents per gallon. Man would I love to fill up my RV for 90 cents a gallon. See link below for additional information on natural gas vehicles

CNGnow
Old 01-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #201

Quote:
Others with great success histories have also bet large amounts of money on it. Pilot/Flying Jay (owned by a multi billionaire who knows about these things) . . .
So the more money you have, the smarter you are?
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #202

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Can you explain?

Rick
Well, as to what was here 4.5 Billion years ago this is a clip from Wikipedia:

:The age of the Earth is 4.54 0.05 billion years"

So 4.5 Billion years ago, per them the Earth was here.

There are, however, some who claim to have read the Bible and who say: The Bible says it's only.. Much younger.

I for one do not wish to get into a religious argument and would have said nothing save you asked.

So, folks, How old is this ball of dirt? Frankly. I do not care.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #203

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Oh, one other thing more on topic.

News today had an article on a new battery (Well actually it is a fuel cell but the article said BATTERY in the headline, fuel and battery both inside the article) with an 800 mile range,, Then you change the water and a plate and it's good for another 800 miles.

NOTE: from the writing of the article I suspect the company of inviting non-sciene writers to the news conference, A common trick to get investments.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #204

Quote:
So the more money you have, the smarter you are?
You have that backwards. Smart people generally find ways to make money. Over 90% of US millionaires are self made. They tend to bet on the winners. [ moderator edit ]Private money has a much greater success ratio picking winners and losers. This gentleman also just bought the Cleveland Browns which many think to be a mistake, but time will tell. Hard to compete with that buck a gallon. Home compressors are also available for folks with piped in natural gas.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #205

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Oh, one other thing more on topic.

News today had an article on a new battery (Well actually it is a fuel cell but the article said BATTERY in the headline, fuel and battery both inside the article) with an 800 mile range,, Then you change the water and a plate and it's good for another 800 miles.

NOTE: from the writing of the article I suspect the company of inviting non-sciene writers to the news conference, A common trick to get investments.

As far as electric cars go, THESE PEOPLE have the right idea. In a nutshell, you 'subscribe' to energy much as you subscribe to cell phone minutes. Then you drive your electric car, and when it gets low on juice, you pull into a station, and they swap the battery in a few minutes. You own the car, you rent the battery and the power it stores. You can also charge the battery yourself with your own electricity when it's convenient. You may even be able to keep a spare battery on the charger at home, and swap them yourself.

The infrastructure to do this is already in place; there's electricity almost everywhere in this country that there are roads.

They need to make an RV toad version that charges its battery when it's being towed.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #206

I am not sure if this was posted, but this may add a bit of comedy to the debate.

ChooChooMan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #207

I suspect this lady was obnoxious before she bought the hybrid. It just made her worse. I think running your vehicle in a parking lot is fairly routine. I love that cell phones with videos can record this type of thing.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #208
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I suspect this lady was obnoxious before she bought the hybrid. It just made her worse. I think running your vehicle in a parking lot is fairly routine. I love that cell phones with videos can record this type of thing.
Well said. She's going to make some man a fine wife some day.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Well said. She's going to make some man a fine wife some day.
God help us, she might be someone's mother!! She can then raise someone to be just like her.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #210

I think I will go out and hug our BIG white Tundra.