Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #169

Quote:
First off they don't have accurate data from 100 yrs. ago
Actually, read this link on the surface stations to see that in the last 100 years the number of surface stations world wide has decreased by 80% and over 75% of the ones in the US have been corrupted. They were mainly located in rural areas and airports. As towns grew the stations had parking lots, buildings, AC units, and aircraft wash built up around them.

Odd sites
US Historical Climate Network

Ice core sample have been able to give very accurate temperature data based on chemical composition as well as sedimentary samples that look at micro organisms that grow at specific temperatures all agree. Compilations of hundreds of tree ring data can also be very accurate back 1,000 years or so. We know what the temperature has been. We have been come out of the little ice age (dark ages) for centuries.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #170

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
Your friends with their hybrid are similar to the push for ethanol in cars. It takes more energy to make and distribute the ethanol than it saves. The next big push coming will be natural gas. With the abundance of natural gas in the US and Canada, that may be a winner in the energy and environmental battles.
so when do we go to war with canada
if we fight wars for cheap imported petrol products i guess we have lost all recent wars.i remember in nam the antiwar unwashed hippie maggots claimed it was all about oil
brianj[/QUOTE]Hey, please remember your history. They last time we went to war we kicked your butt, burned down the white house for the hell of it and went home and partied when we couldn't find anyone left willing to fight.

BTW we are really sorry our idiot Prime Minister Trudeau didn't send that hippy element packing back to California. They batched out a bunch of pot smoking babies and now they want to legalize the crap up ere in Canada.

If you start a war with us and we eventually win again, we'll ship all those dopeheads back to you; then what will you do??
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #171
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO

Can you explain?

Rick
Just emptiness, nothing but a unorganized mixture
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #172
laj

Lindsay, I didn't say they didn't have data, just not accurate dTa
Old 06-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #173

Quote:
Lindsay, I didn't say they didn't have data, just not accurate dTa
If you look at those links, I think you will agree that the surface temperature data from 100 years ago is actually better than today's data. Now the data is being "homogenized" to allow for urban heat island affect and seems to always come out favoring global warming. The satellite data which has been in place for about 30 years show no global warming. Satellite data on ice thickness at both poles also shows ups and downs, but generally no change for the same time period. Newspaper and TV accounts show both poles melting and the polar bears dying like flies. The population of the polar bear is up by 600% since 1960.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #174
laj

I'm in agreement with you. There is no global warming. Only cycles since the beginning of time.
All this global warming hype is just politically driven. Nothing more. That's why there are more glaciers now, because it's just to hot to have water. Reverse science. Lmao
Old 06-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #175

Unscientific America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
Actually, read this link on the surface stations to see that in the last 100 years the number of surface stations world wide has decreased by 80% and over 75% of the ones in the US have been corrupted. They were mainly located in rural areas and airports. As towns grew the stations had parking lots, buildings, AC units, and aircraft wash built up around them.

Odd sites
US Historical Climate Network
Actually, it turns out surfacestation.org did global warming proponents a favor. Their results showed the temp monitoring stations had a net cooling bias -- so the reported temps should have been higher.
On the reliability of the U.S. Surface Temperature Record

Be that as it may, but I'm going with the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS - The World's Largest General Scientific Society) on this one. I know they're a crazy bunch of individuals who advocate using a rigorous scientific method as opposed to Internet blogging and fact-rigging for political ends, but I think they're onto something.

See also . . .
Unscientific America -- Denying Science At Our Peril
Manufactured Ignorance » American Scientist
How Ignorance, Greed and Ideology Are Warping Science and Hurting Democracy | Julian Brookes | Politics News | Rolling Stone
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #176

You obviously didn't look at the surface station website. I think you should agree with the government paid climate scientist. They are part of the 2% that also drive hybrids and look down on those who don't. 40 ft RV and worrying about your carbon foot print. Now that is funny.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #177

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
This is interesting reading: The Great American Bubble Machine

I encourage people to read the entire article, but Bubble #6 (starting on page 7, about 1/3 of the way down) is Global Warming, relevant to current discussion. It doesn't really talk about whether it's real or not, just about who stands to profit from it, monetarily and politically, and how.

As a side observation, I love how I can toss a ball into the iRV2 arena, and it gets batted all around. You guys are the greatest.

Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #178

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum

so when do we go to war with canada
if we fight wars for cheap imported petrol products i guess we have lost all recent wars.i remember in nam the antiwar unwashed hippie maggots claimed it was all about oil
brianj

Hey, please remember your history. They last time we went to war we kicked your butt, burned down the white house for the hell of it and went home and partied when we couldn't find anyone left willing to fight.

BTW we are really sorry our idiot Prime Minister Trudeau didn't send that hippy element packing back to California. They batched out a bunch of pot smoking babies and now they want to legalize the crap up ere in Canada.

If you start a war with us and we eventually win again, we'll ship all those dopeheads back to you; then what will you do??
If that war involves a jiffy jeep competition, perhaps, but given that Canada's military is a far cry from what it used to be and that your population is for the most part unarmed, it would be a very short and likely bloodless war to occupy Canada. :P
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #179

Monaco Owners Club
I think that there are other options for fuel that are being developed but until we consumers push harder the companies will not finish what is in development. We have to keep pushing for better alternatives.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #180

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
I think that there are other options for fuel that are being developed but until we consumers push harder the companies will not finish what is in development. We have to keep pushing for better alternatives.

Personally, I'm holding out for a small nuclear reactor to power my next coach.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #181

Monaco Owners Club
Hmmm not me not in my comfort zone.....but there are other options. We have a friend that is an enginer and he took an older VW van and made it solar. It can only hold two people, but he is still working it and I would not be surprised if he accomplishes something that is workable.

I am all about safe too. DH is braver.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #182

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
If that war involves a jiffy jeep competition, perhaps, but given that Canada's military is a far cry from what it used to be and that your population is for the most part unarmed, it would be a very short and likely bloodless war to occupy Canada. :P
The minute the "Long Gun Registry" is abolished all our guns will come magically back to reality. The minute out Liberals (moderator edit) Dreamed up that debacle all my guns disappeared into non existence. I can almost see them now and in about a month they will be loud and proud in my possession.

Once 99% of us are again legally armed I would think at least a couple Boy Scout Troops would be getting a tad nervous as we will be better armed than them. (moderator edit) Only time will tell. BTW I drive a real Jeep not one of those pretend imported units you all drive.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote