Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2011, 06:30 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
I am losing weight.....

I AM LOSING WEIGHT....

I have been on a diet for about the last three months and it is working. I have lost about 25 pounds and I feel great. My knees dont bother me any more and my tummy dont get in my way nearly as much when I lean over to pick up dog poo when I take the guys out for walks and I feel much better. My secret to success is not snacking. Yep, I have forgotten what a potato chip tastes like and I am taking smaller portions of Willas wonderful cooking and eating lots of fruit. Oranges and clementines are the order of the day down here in Florida. Sometimes a very light breakfast and a salad for lunch and a good supper. I do treat myself in that I have a large bag of those ''bite size'' Hershey candies and I permit myself two only for desert if I have been good all day.

Since I have lost weight my tummy does not obstruct my view when I looked down and after my shower yesterday I noticed an old Navy tattoo that I hadn't seen in years. Yep, there it was in all its glory. Me and my Marine buddy Jim got kinda drunk one night and on a dare I got a tattoo that said .
''USS NORTH HAMPTON CLC1''...

''THE GRAY GHOST OF THE VIRGINIA COAST''

''LADY, IF YOU ARE READING THIS NOW, YOU ARE GONNA HAVE A REALLY GOOD TIME LATER''.
And on the end. I had the Navy anchor and ''U.S.N.'' tattooed underneath that and NO, I will not post a picture but you will notice that My Willa smiles a lot in her pictures.

Jim, my Marine friend, just got ''u.s.m,'' and they ran out of room. No room for the ''c'' so they put the ''c'' on his thumb.

I am going to try to get back to 200 pounds but time will tell on that.....
I will keep you posted....

Lets all thank our troops for their service to this great nation.
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2011, 07:40 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Seajay, you may have lost weight, but I see you've not lost your imagination.......
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I also know how he could loose an extra 15 pounds of ugly fat!!

Now Seajay, tell them the truth that it was one of those artists that can inscribe an encyclopedia on the end of a pin head. And also, Jim told me that the "c" on his thumb was because before U.S.M was tattooed the inscription, "Master Sergeant Of Marines," and that was not standing at attention!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Now how did I just ''know'' I would get ''feed back'' from my friend Wayne the Marine. I guess I are Sailor Snart. You reckon?
You be safe my Marine friend and here is a personal ''THANK YOU'' for your service to my country. People like you that give so much and ask for so little were and are the backbone of our armed services. Without them, even us Sailors would be in trouble probably. And remember this. No matter how much I 'bump you and jab you and ping you and make lite of you', I actually like Marines cause we need you guys in My Navy to do simple stuff. (ping)

God bless our troops and bring them home real soon and safe too.....
Old 01-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Seajay, I have a deceased friend who used to call her husband (my best friend) an arsemadink. I finally figured out what an arsemadink is. Keep posting as I now will probably need a new laptop if I can't get all this coffee out of the keyboard. Whooo damn you post some funny stuff.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #6

Now that was FUNNY I don't care who you are.
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok people,,,,,,,,,, I jumped the scales yesterday evening and they topped out at 217 pounds. I actually smelled a dough nut in the grocery store bakery. Then I sniffed a Reeses cup and a Milky Way wrapper. I journeyed over and grabbed a sack of celery hearts and two 'fruit bowles' and a sack of 'clemintines' and tried to figure out what I was going to skip for lunch. I saw a kid eating an ice cream sandwich and thought seriously about attacking him and taking his sandwich but his mother looked like she could whip me and Wayne the Marine and half squad of soldiers on one of her bad days so I skipped the thought. Tonight I will reward myself with one (maybe two) Hershey Kisses, Maybe. I will keep you informed .....

God bless our troops and bring them home soon so we can have a big celebration dinner with cakes and pies and good stuff to eat ......
Old 02-04-2011, 07:50 AM   #8

Seajay, you make our day, me and the DH have been dieting for a while now and our favorite passtime is to go to the local Fresh Market and smell the baked items....sad but true
Daylake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
I started 2 weeks ago. 12 lbs off so far. Even cut my drinking from 2 a day to once a week maybe. Rather difficult for a "Old Cav Trooper". But I'm gonn hang in there and catch up with that Swabbie!
Old 02-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #10

I give up! I googled "arsemadink" and it linked me to this post in the forum!!!!!
RABBITFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #11

Google USMC slang.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBITFISH View Post
I give up! I googled "arsemadink" and it linked me to this post in the forum!!!!!
Break it into three separate sylables and then let you imagination run wild. arse-ma-dink. I am an expert on arsemadinks but everyone knows an expert is really a has-been drip under pressure.

See http://www.google.ca/#q=arsemadink&h...ffbe2379ee31de
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Did you know they have a printer that has printed the entire Lord's prayer on the head of needle, it now appears they could tattoo with it.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:54 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok guys....... It is apparent that ''some of you doubting Tomas es'' are finding it difficult to accept the validity concerning my statement about my ''Tattoo'' and I can appreciate your concern and it would seem that a ''new word'' for the English language has been devised, discovered and rendered public on this forum concerning something related directly or indirectly to the subject of my ''Tattoo'' and or the report of same by myself which I accidental discovered after losing several pounds off my tummy enabling me to see a portion of my body that has been ''hidden'' for some time (not my feet) since I gained the weight after my first wife Linda died and I met Willa who is a darn good cook and is feeding me well and I quit smokin' them nasty old ciggies and havent had my glasses changed in several years because I need bi-focals that cost more than just regular glasses and I am stuck on an old ''fixed income'' and money is tight right now and I have been wondering for a long time before I lost the weight and became aware that I could see myself better why My Willa would look at me when I would get out of the shower and smile real big but not say nothin', just look and smile and say ''Hay Sailor, I see you were on the USS North Hampton CLC1 with a Big Anchor and USN on the front'' and I never figured out how she knew this because she is very near sighted and I never told her the name of the ship I was on when I was in the Navy but apparently she got a clue from somewhere because I had forgotten about my tattoo that I had not seen in a while since I gained weight and now you guys dont believe me and my feelings are hurt real bad and I may just go and ''cry my eyes out'' maybe or throw some kind of a ''fit'' after I take my computer and get the ''period'' fixed so I can make a sentence and besides, I think a lot of you guys are jealous because you were not a sailor and a lot of the ladies are saying ''Hummm, I would love to see that'',,,,,,,,(period)

If I discover anything else because of weight loss, I aint gonna tell you guys about it because you will make up new words that I dont understand and doubt me (period)

(all in fun guys... I hope everyone knows that)

God bless our troops and keep them safe till they come back to us please...(so we can have a big meal and a parade and marching bands and our guys and gals safe back home for a big meal with lots of good stuff to eat and throwing our diet out the window, and havin a big party to welcome them back home)