Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
Elf

Tiffin Owners Club
I had a dream

Usually I have dreams that are so bizarre that they have no basis in reality. I often wonder where those strange thoughts come from.
Recently, however, I had a dream that seemed way to real when I woke up. In the dream I was pulling out of a campground in the motorhome when I realized that I had done nothing aside from start and leave. I had not disconnected anything or even brought up the jacks. I stopped and got out to see what I had done to find one jack bent up and the rest of the results of my stupidity strewn about.

We've been parked for a month and won't be leaving for a few more weeks but you can be sure I will be doing an extra thorough pre-departure walk-around before I turn the key.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
It occurs to me that this dream, too, is bizarre and has no basis in reality for an experienced camper.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:53 AM   #3

I've had some good(read bad) Vicoden dreams lately. Sciatica sucks. I usually wake up and have to keep telling myself: It was just a dream, It was just a dream.... DD just looks at me and keeps turning her head from side to side.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I've had some good(read bad) Vicoden dreams lately. Sciatica sucks. I usually wake up and have to keep telling myself: It was just a dream, It was just a dream.... DD just looks at me and keeps turning her head from side to side.
A warning. I too take Vicodin. Ii have recently had 9 discs fused and a total knee replaced. But I only take 1/2 pill 6 times a day.

Anyway, should you be stopped by a LEO and he believes you may be impaired, he will order a blood test. If Vicodin shows you will most likely be charges with DUI/DWI (same thing). I asked my Dr. and he cautioned me and said, "Don't act impaired."

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #5

I only take 1, maybe 2 a day and the same for Baclofen, a muscle relaxer.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
A warning. I too take Vicodin. Ii have recently had 9 discs fused and a total knee replaced. But I only take 1/2 pill 6 times a day.

Anyway, should you be stopped by a LEO and he believes you may be impaired, he will order a blood test. If Vicodin shows you will most likely be charges with DUI/DWI (same thing). I asked my Dr. and he cautioned me and said, "Don't act impaired."

I too have been on narcotic pain meds for various problems, if you read the directions on the meds they say don't operate machinery (autos) until you know how the drug affects you. My thought is that they are saying if you take it, and feel competent to operate your car, you may. Now I don't know how much weight this would carry fighting a ticket but just because you have a prescribed medication in your system there is no reason to assume you are driving while impaired (DWI). JMO
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
A Pilot Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf View Post
Usually I have dreams that are so bizarre that they have no basis in reality. I often wonder where those strange thoughts come from...
Doctors dream they mis-diagnose or forget to go to the practice, surgeons dream of taking out the wrong kidney; I have dreams of settling into the wrong kind of jet, or watching my buddy try to land on a dirt trail.

Had you just watched that movie with Robin Williams for the umpteenth time?

Join the club!
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #8

There are people who will tell you what your dreams meant, for a price.
Seriously, I've had drug dreams too . I had surgery Oct. 28 and stopped taking the pain-reducing drug on the second day. I'd rather tough-out the pain than take those kind of drugs.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:03 AM   #9

Anybody have a dream where you are working on something and you dream you found a way to fix it, then wake up and go looking for the part, only to realize that you don't even have one of those?

Happens to me a lot. Very disappointing too. I love fixing things. In fact, so much so, that I've been known to break stuff, just to have something to do.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Anybody have a dream where you are working on something and you dream you found a way to fix it, then wake up and go looking for the part, only to realize that you don't even have one of those?

Happens to me a lot. Very disappointing too. I love fixing things. In fact, so much so, that I've been known to break stuff, just to have something to do.
Let me know if you're going to be around Philly, I've some things to keep you busy.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:29 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
My bizarre dream occurred right before we took delivery of our first motorhome. I was driving over a huge metal bridge in New York City during rush hour. Suddenly the awning extended. I'm trying to pull over to fix the awning but the cars keep passing me, driving under the extended awning. I'm trying not to hit the big trucks as they pass. That bridge never ended.

Our dreams seem to reflect our fears. But the awning never extended on a bridge. Only in a campground. Just missing three trees. So in a way, my dream was half true.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Let me know if you're going to be around Philly, I've some things to keep you busy.
How are you going to learn anything if you don't do it yourself?

I'm not cheap. $200/Hr, two hour minimum. You buy, I'll fly.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
How are you going to learn anything if you don't do it yourself?

I'm not cheap. $200/Hr, two hour minimum. You buy, I'll fly.
Didn't realize you were a plumber
Old 11-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dreaming of what you fear can be considered either a nightmare or a warning, but either one is simply your psyche preparing to deal with it. In a way, it's helping to put worries to rest, as you've already faced them.