Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #127

A week ago, they said I could go home in the morning.

Feel normal. No pain and no drugs since I got out, unless you want to count Lemon Alka-Seltzer.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I'm a good passenger. I may disappoint you by not screaming.
I think its hilarious when people scream or try to talk in my buggy and I just grin & nod until we take a pit stop & then I tell them that they might want to keep their mouth shut while I'm driving, as they try to wash out the sand in their mouths.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:29 AM   #129

So, Kat, when you giving me a ride? Hopefully, I'll be in Buttercup this time next week.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:32 AM   #130

Yesterday, I went to the hospital and got my records and images. This episode wasn't a bad thing. Chest, brain, carotid arteries, abdomen, heart, etc all show "clear". Blood work off ± a couple points here and there, but nothing "Remarkable".

You have to be very careful what you say or do in a hospital. Just about everything is recorded. If you cough, they write it up as PT is congested. Mis-pronounce the name of your medicine, they write it up as PT has confusion. All along, I said I drank 1 beer a week, yet on the final report, my neurologist put down "Now says he only drinks one beer a week". Where did that change? She said I should stop drinking beer and switch to wine for better HDL.

And they dig deep. There were reports from `08 that weren't pretty. I like where they say PT denies past heart problem. Denied past high blood pressure. I never denied anything, I just said no when asked those questions. They make it sound like you are a liar and then twist the facts with what they do find. If you don't want your IV in a certain arm, you are combative. If they wouldn't write me up as being a junkie, I'd stick myself whenever they need to draw blood or insert an IV. I could sure do it a lot better than some of them did.

I'm now waiting for the bills they send that say "You Owe $$$", even before filing with the secondary insurance. I just stick them in a binder. I won't be the first or last to not pay a hospital bill.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:03 AM   #131

Yesterday, I went and had a wart bunt off my back and got a script for 60 - 12.5mg Ambein CRs with two re-fills from my P.A. He understands my high tolerance for meds. My actual Dr Perez would only give me 10 pills. Perez was the one that put me in the ER with severe sciatica.. twice... because he wouldn't give me any pain meds. He said if it hurt that bad, to go to ER. He also said he didn't want to give me strong pain meds because he was afraid I'd commit suicide. I called back and said if "I didn't get something stronger, I was going to commit suicide". I got the meds. I haven't seen him in 5 years and never want to.

I took 1 Ambein last night and nothing happened unless you calling wearing out a pillow nothing. Tonight, at 11pm, I took two. Still nothing. The CR is supposed to have a quick acting top coat to put you to sleep and a lower layer to keep you asleep. Ya know that one beer a week? It's going down right now. I get sleepy during the day and take short naps. I'm sure that doesn't help, but I can only do so much around the house, I need to find a big or several small projects. It's 3am, so I'm gonna try to sleep.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #132
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
[QUOTE=Dunner;1350969].................This episode wasn't a bad thing. Chest, brain, carotid arteries, abdomen, heart, etc all show "clear". Blood work off ± a couple points here and there, but nothing "Remarkable"...........

Again, what did they find about the brain????

Just couldn't resist. Glad to see you are back to your old self posting, etc.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #133

Screw drivers, wrenches bolts washers, nuts,,, the usual stuff that keeps me going. oh, and a little 5w30, but no Michelin garbage.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #134

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
[QUOTE=Wayne M;1351195]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
.................This episode wasn't a bad thing. Chest, brain, carotid arteries, abdomen, heart, etc all show "clear". Blood work off ± a couple points here and there, but nothing "Remarkable"...........

Again, what did they find about the brain????

Just couldn't resist. Glad to see you are back to your old self posting, etc.

Explains why is was such a 'mini' stroke
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #135

I've had nights like that. Head doesn't know which way to go. Kinda feels like there is a ping-pong ball in there and the world is a paddle and I'm not the only sic person here.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #136

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
wow... really? this is getting silly...

seriously.
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #137

Best to you for a fast recovery. Hope you are in good health and on the road soon.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #138

I'm feeling like it never happened. Strange thing: My back hasn't bothered me since I got out of the hospital on 10/15.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:40 AM   #139

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Best wishes Dunner, get well soon.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #140

I don't understand it, but I haven't had to take any back pain meds since I got home and I haven't changed my habits.