Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #71

And now for the experience. The paramedics were able to take me right past admissions. They got me on an IV and I saw a doctor 10 minutes later. Some of you already know the 30+ question drill and I repeated it 30++ times over the next 3 days. Got there at 2:45P and to a room by 4P. They gave me Vicoden for my back, which was made worse by the stretcher.

The nurses were nice, except the one last night. I had to talk to her supervisor because she could speak English pretty good, but could not hear it. Her spv didn't know what nationality she was, and I didn't care(this not racial at all. I would have done it to any nurse that treated me this way). She would interrupt me the minute I started to ask her a question. I tried to explain my severe heartburn and that if I couldn't get any meds for it, I would force myself to expel the acid that was causing my distress. She kept saying, over and over, that they have meds for nausea and could not understand, when I said several times, that I did not have nausea. I asked her if she took the day off when they taught listening and if we could get an English translator(again, not racial). I finally told her to "GET OUT" and call your Supervisor. She was a model nurse after I talked to her spv. Almost too nice and she did not get even, Slick.

Right before the pancakes, my TV went to the Black Screen Of Death while I was trying to post and lost the message. I had a cursor and could play Pong with the mouse on the KB, but it's no fun when the opponent doesn't return the puck and the cursor goes right through the center paddle I had to put there. While I was waiting for my walking papers, I ran all my fingers over the keyboard and the TV actually rebooted. I did a 10 finger salute and all the files scrolled up the screen and it worked right again, so there must be an ALT key somewhere. I told my new nurse: "No Charge" and got out of there. Speaking of getting out of there, they no longer have a mandatory wheel chair to the outside door. You also don't get any amenities like the pink tub, tooth paste, cream, bag for your personal items, etc, unless you ask for them. Same with food orders. You have to ask for catsup's, sugar, etc, but they do give you the tools to eat with and a napkin. Not all hospitals are the same, but I suspect all Banner ones are. More Corporate Greed.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
You are home . Now we can lock this thread and get to Walmart for more beer and bacon.

chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #73

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome back Dunner. Give us hell...
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #74

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Glad you're ok, bub..
Old 10-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #75

Good job Dunner! You are going to be 100% any day now.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #76

The Tests.

On Sunday, I went for a Chest CT, a Thoracic Echocardiogram, and a Brain MRI, all from 7:20 to 9:45. I commented to the MRI tech that it was much longer and louder than the abdomen MRI I had in `09. He said: "It must have been a CT". I said: "No, I know what the difference is". He rudely said: "You must not, as it was not possible in `09", and laughed. Maybe he thought he could impress his pretty co-worker since I had a possible stroke. On my way out, I had Keselowski, the cart jockey, take me by the MRI machine room door and called out the tech. I told him: "Since I had come from a CT less that two hours ago, I know the difference and I know what I'm talking about". He said: "Whatever you say". I said: "You won't admit you're wrong in front of witnesses". He said: "Just get out". On my way out the door, I said: "You hate being wrong, especially in front of a pretty co-worker". Don't remember what he mumbled; I just hoped I didn't have to have another MRI by him. He probably wouldn't give me the required ear plugs. Now that I'm out. I may file a report or just wait until I get the Survey from the Hospital(if they can afford to send them). I can get an MRI from Simon Med, just down the street, but it may not be pretty if I have to go back to the ER or hospital.

[/Rant Off]
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertranger View Post
I'm sorry to hear Dunner. Just wanted to let you know I looked for your manual and can't find even a reference to it. Please check the model number again and I'll look.

Please get better.

Ranger and Jin
I re-checked the bottom of the KB with daylight on it and the model number is actually SWK-8650WS. The S looked like an 8 in the dim room light. It doesn't matter now, but If I go back for anything, it would be nice to know how it works. Thx for trying. My bad, sorry for wasting your time. I'll Google it.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #78

Sounds like quite an ordeal. I am glad you made it through ok. Heath to you!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #79

glad to hear that tou are home. If you ever get to new jersey I will buy you a beer
Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #80

And then were the blood suckers that didn't know how or couldn't get a needle in me. I look like a junkie - hole marks and bruises all over my hands and arms. The techs are only allowed to try twice, but one nurse either didn't know that rule or was trying to prove that she could. She failed 6 time before giving up and letting a pro insert a IV catheter. Someone in the room even asked her if she was really a nurse. Maybe they took too much blood and I should have asked for it back after they were done testing it.

After they put the tourniquet on, I was asked to pump my fist, make a fist or leave it open from 10-15 techs or nurses. Did they all go to different schools?
Old 10-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #81
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
They went to a Veterinarian College.

You're lucky you're not a Gelding right now!

Or is that in the next email?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #82

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
And then were the blood suckers that didn't know how or couldn't get a needle in me. I look like a junkie - hole marks and bruises all over my hands and arms. The techs are only allowed to try twice, but one nurse either didn't know that rule or was trying to prove that she could. She failed 6 time before giving up and letting a pro insert a IV catheter. Someone in the room even asked her if she was really a nurse. Maybe they took too much blood and I should have asked for it back after they were done testing it.

After they put the tourniquet on, I was asked to pump my fist, make a fist or leave it open from 10-15 techs or nurses. Did they all go to different schools?
OK Dunner you convinced me, if I have a stroke I'm calling a plumber.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:00 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
OK Dunner you convinced me, if I have a stroke I'm calling a plumber.
What is it they say about plumbers?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:05 AM   #84

I thought Gas-X was to reduce gas in the stomach and intestines and asked for it. The truth is, Simethicone allows gas bubbles in the stomach and intestines to come together more easily, which allows for the easier passage of gas." I think it makes more gas to form in the intestines, causing more discomfort and bloating. It does result in more flatulence, which is not a bad thing, but it could and did happen at an inappropriate time.

I should have asked for Beano. It is an enzyme-based dietary supplement that is used to reduce gas in the digestive tract, thereby improving digestion and reducing bloating, discomfort, and flatulence caused by gas.

That's what I wanted, as I was in that gut wrenching pain.