Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #85

I sound like I'm complaining a lot, but I got treated really good by most of the hospital staff. Just telling it like it happened. It just so happened that my internal surgeon was the "on call" doctor on Saturday and came to see me soon after I asked for him.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2012, 04:59 AM   #86

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
No, Gas-X is what you wanted otherwise they would've had to stick the tube up ya

Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #87

I've had the tube for the yellow stuff in `09, and it messed me up for a year. That was not going to happen this time. They wanted to put those compression thingies on my calves and I was able to decline. In `09, they did and I was confined to a bed for 3 weeks. I had to go to a rehab facility to learn to walk again and insurance didn't cover it.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #88

Bottom line is: I'm almost positive my episode resulted from too much Vicoden and Baclofen(muscle relaxer) for compressed L4&L5) and left abdomen pain from a 6.3cm/2.48" size cyst on my pancreas. The cyst has only grown .2cm(.078") in over 3 years. That's less that 3/32". The doctor monitoring it says it is not cancerous and if it doesn't continue bothering me, I can leave it alone and just have it monitored every 6 months.

The first time it hurt was the Wednesday before the Saturday I went in. I thought it might have burst and took more than the normal meds for the pain. I was going to have it checked if the pain continued. It didn't hurt at all that Saturday.

I had nodding off before with the meds. It was like when sitting at a desk and your head briefly drops. Kinda like a long blink. I was putting on contacts and it happened without me falling down. I also had problems reading at home and at times in the hospital. I would be reading and my brain would blink and I would have to start reading the sentence again. I was on Vicoden and Baclofen at the hospital and at the dose and interval, they would wear off and I could read just fine.

Sorry for the alarm. The meds made me feel "weird" and when I couldn't feel a pulse or get a BP, I got scared. The BP problem was my fault.

My current BP is 120/73 with a pulse of 81.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #89
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dunner, so glad to hear that things are working for the better.

I have a mental adversity to pain killers, but I do realize that they are sometimes very needed. I just personally feel the pain killers "cover up" what a person is feeling and the person has a tendency to think they are well, and then do something to aggravate the original illness. Hey, but that's just me.

Bottom line is, you are feeling better and the bottom of both feet still fit on the ground.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #90

Thx. I worry about that too, but when they wear off and the pain is still there, I start to worry more.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #91

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
First off, every one of you can stop making me cry. If there was room, I would put all of you on my buddy list. Even you Patch.
Your Move.

Per my Vet,(no second opinion needed).
MRI shows: "No New Stroke".
Meaning: "I might have had a tiny stroke many years ago".

None of my Drs want to see my ugly mug anymore and the nurses say they will miss me. Yeah, right.

So... I'm Baaaaaaaaa---aaaakkk. Well... not actually home yet. They say I'm dehydrated, and "should" be released tomorrow(Monday), even though I half filled the plastic jug hanging on my bed, with one deposit. Now, If somebody could sneak a couple of beers in, I could guarantee I would get hydrated. Room: 403. Kanuk beer included.

I'll try to reply to all the kindness after I get home, where I have a working KB and mouse. Seems I'm not the only $maart a$$ on here. (wink).

Wake up Mods! Dunner is coming home to haunt you.
By the way, I found the delete key. It's the blank one next to the Up/Down/Lt/Rt arrow keys. And the llleeettteerrss are caaused by the thin, vinyl like, protective cover on the KB, that doesn't let the keys snap back to the off position. You want pain in the hospital? Try using one of these KBs for a couple days and also getting poked with a needle by an under-trained blood sucker every 2 hours... Day and Night!

Lasagna just got here and gotta catch up on sleep. It's been overr 24 hours since I even tried to get some shut eye. More tomorrow if I'm still here.

Thanks again eveyone. Seriously, It's hard to see the TV through the tears.

Good night all.
Good LORD Mike I had no idea! I've been out of touch I guess, wrapped again in my own bubble....SO scary. I am so glad you are doing better, just stopped here on the 2nd or 3rd page so I'm not up to speed yet. Hope you are okay and back home with sweet Sadie!

What a scare!

Hugs and Prayers,
Kent, Katie, Spencer, Susie & Angie
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #92

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
And then were the blood suckers that didn't know how or couldn't get a needle in me. I look like a junkie - hole marks and bruises all over my hands and arms. The techs are only allowed to try twice, but one nurse either didn't know that rule or was trying to prove that she could. She failed 6 time before giving up and letting a pro insert a IV catheter. Someone in the room even asked her if she was really a nurse. Maybe they took too much blood and I should have asked for it back after they were done testing it.

After they put the tourniquet on, I was asked to pump my fist, make a fist or leave it open from 10-15 techs or nurses. Did they all go to different schools?
You are so generous, letting them poke you 6 times!
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #93

I'm fine. Thanks for the concern. Read my last post on the last page, then read the rest of them.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #94

With my hobbies, I cut myself so often at home, I barely notice getting stuck by a little ole needle. I think that has helped built up my immunities to the point I rarely get infected. If I do, it is usually from a paper cut.

I was telling that nurse where to stick me.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #95

Monaco Owners Club
Geez I thought I was the only one that ever used Beano! That stuff does work. I don't need it anymore since I found out I"m a celiac.

The thing with the hose up the rear got me laughing, thinking about the good old days and siphoning gas, well never mind.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #96

I don't mind gas, but I don't want it all in my intestines at the same time like gas-x does.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #97

Fleetwood Owners Club
Glad you are feeling better Dunner

For me the main takeaway for this is that if a loved one of yours goes to the hospital make sure that someone who cares about them is on 24 hour duty at the hospital.

In 2006 my son had a skiing accident which resulted in broken tibia/fibula and a "broken" spleen which had to be removed. The care at the hospital in Bend, OR was both wonderful and horrible, nearly at the same time.

Because of the broken spleen my son bled out about 40% of his blood before it was fixed. This meant he had to have a blood sample taken every 4 hours. The folks who took the blood were sometimes great and sometimes completely incompetent. They would take off his blankets at 4am, take the blood sample and then just leave him. They would pull and poke at the mass of tubes coming out of his arms causing him great pain while looking for the tube to suck a blood sample out of. Frequently they would put the nurse call button on the floor and leave it there ... turn on the lights in the room and leave with them still on. And so on.

Stay at the hospital with your loved ones and keep an eye on, and supervise their care. It is a absolutely a requirement.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #98

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessenab View Post
Glad you are feeling better Dunner

For me the main takeaway for this is that if a loved one of yours goes to the hospital make sure that someone who cares about them is on 24 hour duty at the hospital.

In 2006 my son had a skiing accident which resulted in broken tibia/fibula and a "broken" spleen which had to be removed. The care at the hospital in Bend, OR was both wonderful and horrible, nearly at the same time.

Because of the broken spleen my son bled out about 40% of his blood before it was fixed. This meant he had to have a blood sample taken every 4 hours. The folks who took the blood were sometimes great and sometimes completely incompetent. They would take off his blankets at 4am, take the blood sample and then just leave him. They would pull and poke at the mass of tubes coming out of his arms causing him great pain while looking for the tube to suck a blood sample out of. Frequently they would put the nurse call button on the floor and leave it there ... turn on the lights in the room and leave with them still on. And so on.

Stay at the hospital with your loved ones and keep an eye on, and supervise their care. It is a absolutely a requirement.
I don't know how to tell you this but our son was just in the hospital and had to have 4 emergency surgeries. The first emergency surgery the samething happened and he worked in the hospital.

After that I lived there along with the rest of the fire dept. guys that he also worked with.

Not sure if everyone it too busy or what but I will never leave a loved one by themselves at the hospital now.

So glad Dunner is home now and cooking again.

Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote