Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I hadn't seen this scam before

Received in my junk mail folder as even my email recognizes a scam when it sees one.

Quote:
My name is Benedicta Solange, An French Nationality born in Nantes (France) and i reside for almost 22 years now in Benin Republic for purely Gold Business. My company name is: (Berossy Gold Sarl) Dearest, I am sharing this message to explain what I currently lives as tragedy and also the decision that I took presently.I have been a few months victim of an incurable disease that eats away at my health. I am suffering because of a throat cancer. Everything inside of my throat has become a big wound that continues to rot and deteriorate more. The disease prevents me now to talk and even eat properly.

Today, I have no one because I am an orphan since I was born and grew up in an orphanage. Also, I lost my husband seven years ago, unfortunately, we could not have children because he was diagnose of low sperm count and we where on the treatment before he died. To top it all, all our friends and contacts have forsaken me since the death of my late husband, it was just''profiteers''..
Today, I am left to myself and am master of all I want to take but unfortunately my health prevents me from taking care of something arbitrary.

After several results and analysis in various European and American clinics and presently at London where i am now, The doctors, told me that my days are now numbered, that i am living the last moments of my life.I am therefore sentenced to 59 years dying from this terrible disease because my doctor has just informed me there were only one month to live on this earth and that men can not do anything for me.

That is why I contacted you to ask you a great service as it would not be possible for me to do it myself because of my health.I deposited in September 2006 in BANK OF AFRICA there in Benin Republic, a large sum of money Four million euros (€ 4,000,000).I will want to hand over this money to you as to enable you establish a charitable foundation in my memory so that God's grace be with me until my last home and I can enjoy an honorable place with the Lord our father.

If you will be willing to assist me on this project, kindly, contact me on my private email:( mrs_benedicta_solange@ )and i will give you the deposit certificate of this funds with BANK OF AFRICA and i will also sworn an affidavit for change of ownership status that will officially and legally makes you the beneficiary to my funds, so that even if i die you will not have any confrontation from any body in receiving the funds.

I will wait your reply.
Please accept my best regards and God bless you.
Mrs Benedicta Solange.
(mrs_benedicta_solange@)

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I get so many that I don't even bother to open them, let alone read them. If I don't recognize the sender it's deleted.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Interesting variation on the age-old "419" scams. For a while I responded to them using a throw-away email account to see where they went (it was part of my job at the time). Invariably, they either needed some amount of money to be wired to them for 'application fees' or some such rubbish, or they mailed me a counterfeit money order or cashiers check and pressured me to deposit it quickly and wire funds back to them. I'm amazed that people are still falling for it.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I get so many that I don't even bother to open them, let alone read them. If I don't recognize the sender it's deleted.
Ditto!
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
New approach but the games the same. They send you a worthless check and you send them money in return.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #6

YUP - nothing new - minor new twist, same tired old con game...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #7

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Times 2.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Usually it's the Nigerian guy.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
You mean I really did not win the 5Million? LOL
jroethke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroethke View Post
You mean I really did not win the 5Million? LOL
You did win but I got the check by mistake. Will send it right over.
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #11

Carolina Campers
A couple of years ago I responded to a scam email, but used an anonymous email address I set up through Excite along with a fake name. Had some fun with the scammer for awhile stringing him along. Before the do not call list I used to enjoy messing with telemarketers too.
rocknrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
You mean my three year old grandson is not in jail in Europe?
cappelte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
I love telemarketers. It is almost the high lite of my evening when one calls and has a "foreign" accent. I like to use different dialects and keep them on the phone for as long as I can . I have not had an experience yet with an Exit Polster but I do look foreword to that .
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by codgerbill View Post
I love telemarketers. It is almost the high lite of my evening when one calls and has a "foreign" accent. I like to use different dialects and keep them on the phone for as long as I can . I have not had an experience yet with an Exit Polster but I do look foreword to that .
I wish I could get a REAL telemarketer on one call to string along for awhile unless we are having dinner. Then I usually ask for THEIR number to call them back after I have finished my meal. I have never gotten one number yet.

Lately, I seem to be only getting the computer ones that want you to Buy it Now! That also is the way the political polls and surveys are now calling by using a computer.

Someday, I will have my computer call their computer to do lunch sometime soon!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote