Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2015, 02:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Thank you ALL!!

My eyes are leaking some right now!
Mr D, I am so sorry to hear what you and your wife are going through, it sucks. I think everyone has felt the impact of cancer one way or another and it is tough, hang in there.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2015, 09:36 PM   #30

Prayers for both of you from both if us

Old 08-27-2015, 09:46 PM   #31

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
DW just was commenting today that her hair is coming out in bunches. She also said she refuses to wear a wig! I'm going to have to get used to looking for a short bald woman rather than a short grey haired woman!

Thanks to all those that are praying for her!!
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:06 PM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
My heart and prayers goes out to both of you.
I hope you can find a support network that can point you in the right direction. Cancer is so overwhelming. With all the decisions and care needed, you really need help to get through it all. Have you talked to your local Cancer society? There is usually a phone advice nurse you can call at any time, and by all means ask for help, and keep pursuing information. An online support group may be helpful for you both as well. It was a lifeline for me when I had cancer. Try also looking in other states for a transplant.
Many hugs and take care....
Linda

P.s. I found a fine haired wig that was better looking than my own hair, and wore it for 6 months, mostly to cover my head from the sun. Once I got the wig things weren't so horrendous. I remember rolling up my car window so all my hair wouldn't blow into the back seat! It was a good laugh anyway...lolol...what's that song...hair blowin in the wind.
((()))
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:14 PM   #33

No matter the hair situation, she is stunning and beautiful and radiant and full of life! Tell her every chance you get!
Old 08-28-2015, 12:34 AM   #34

Prayers sent...

Don't know if it helps, but they do a lot of transplants at the University of Colorado Medical Center in Denver, (Aurora), CO. We've dealt with a number of hospitals over the past few years and the UC Anschutz facility is truly one of the best in the world. We parked our coach at the KOA in Strasburg, CO. It's a short drive and open all year.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:47 AM   #35

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pismocouple View Post
No matter the hair situation, she is stunning and beautiful and radiant and full of life! Tell her every chance you get!
Actually that's a pretty good description! I can't believe how she's holding up and her attitude is fantastic! Naturally she complains about the aches and pains, vomiting and other problems but she's still in good spirits. I don't think I could handle it like she is!

Luckily all our finances are in order, just wish the stick house was paid for but we owe way less than half of it's tax valuation which, due to the laws her are way lower than it's appraised value. I'm trying to get her to start sorting stuff in the house but not too successfully. We have my parents left overs, her parents left overs, my sons and her daughters left overs and all the left overs from the business so there's a lot of "stuff" that needs to go. Today's paper had a story on a woman getting rid of stuff after her husband died. She put it on my place to read. So she is thinking ahead.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:08 PM   #36

God bless you both.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #37

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Going in on the 11th for another session of chemoembolism. My boss thought they just shot the chemo in and that was it. He didn't understand the they cut into the femoral artery and thread a catheter up to the liver and then to the tumor. Then inject the meds directly into the tumor. Have to be very careful with bleeding for several days afterward.
Anyway then on the 14th we'll have to drive up to Seattle (160 miles plus) get a motel and be at the University of Washington Tuesday morning to start the evaluation for a transplant. We already did most of this down here but our insurance won't cover it unless to use the U of W. No idea why just have no choice in the matter.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:29 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Cancer Sucks! But it sounds like your wife is meeting it head-on and doing a great job in the battle.

God Bless, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
On the Road with 8 cats and a lovebird!
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:49 AM   #39
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Going in on the 11th for another session of chemoembolism. My boss thought they just shot the chemo in and that was it. He didn't understand the they cut into the femoral artery and thread a catheter up to the liver and then to the tumor. Then inject the meds directly into the tumor. Have to be very careful with bleeding for several days afterward.
Anyway then on the 14th we'll have to drive up to Seattle (160 miles plus) get a motel and be at the University of Washington Tuesday morning to start the evaluation for a transplant. We already did most of this down here but our insurance won't cover it unless to use the U of W. No idea why just have no choice in the matter.
We'll keep Mrs. and you in our thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well. Thanks for the update!
All the best!!
Old 09-02-2015, 10:47 AM   #40

Quote:
Prayers for both of you. If there is anything I can do for you while you are up here in Seattle, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask. I wish I had a place for you to park your coach, so you didnt have to stay in a hotel.

David
Old 09-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #41

Jayco Owners Club
Best wishes to you Mr. D. I hope it goes well for your wife and you.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:09 PM   #42

Give your wife a big kiss on her head and tell her of the support for her on this site! Myself, I have a hard time wearing the replacement teeth, and if she doesn't want to wear her wig, well Halloween is coming, she can come with me a scare the hell out of the neighborhood. I try to keep my wifes' mind off of my cancer by being humorous and slightly outrages. I'd say your doing a good job. I award you a Daffodil! As always, best of outcome to you both.