Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2015, 07:44 AM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
It used to be that accidents were somewhat rare,--Now, on recent trips I have been delayed in traffic 2 to 3 times each day due to accidents, most fender benders or single vehicle. Great increase in the number of lane incursions or driving onto the shoulder. 18 wheeler ahead of me Saturday on 85 went 1/2 off onto the grass on a straightaway.
Of course be glad you are not a deer. Saw over a dozen down on I-85 in Georgia & Alabama.

Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2015, 07:51 AM   #16

And it will get worse. I'm thinking about what to do for my families safety. Would like a new Honda hrv, but considering a Acura MDX touring to have a big heavy suv with all the new safety equipment. It looks like the extra stuff on your car doesn't help you, but everyone else in case you can't stop or wander out of your own lane. The safety council says the best small car will still get creamed by any bigger car.
I was on a big bus near cancun last year when the driver takes out his phone and started texting. He didn't need a translator to know what I was yelling at him about. I can't get a big enough car not to get creamed by a bus.
My buddy the cop says, the one with the most lug nuts wins!

Old 10-26-2015, 09:07 AM   #17
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by planojeeper View Post
1.I hate people who text and drive. I had a young girl smash into the rear of my wifes Jeep that I was driving, on Thursday the 15th of October. She admitted it to me and the cop that came to the seen of the accident. Not much visible damage to the jeep.
2. This one is the one I really hate most of all DRUNK DRIVERS!!!!! We were headed to Eisenhower state park on last Thursday night. We had travelled into Sherman tx and this Drunk man decided to enter the highway, like most everyone here I will move over and let them merge. Unfortunately I had a truck passing me on the left and I couldn't get over. I'm on the brakes but its too late the guy hits the side of the rv all the way down to the back which sent me fish tailing into the left lane. I was able to get it under control and to the side of the road. He shot across the highway and into the median and almost hit the truck that had passed me. Then he starts driving the wrong way back down the highway and tries to climb the grass embankment. I run over to his vehicle tell him to turn it off but wouldn't listen so I run to the passenger side door open it and ripped the keys out of the ignition. My son and his fiancÚ were behind us and witnessed the whole thing. When the cops showed up they arrested him. Took our information and sent us on our way. It was dark but I could see that the rv was driveable so we went on to the camp ground . There is damage to the awning on both ends so we couldn't use it this weekend. Most of the damage is cosmetic I hope.

I share your frustration! That drunk guy should be forever grateful you stopped him from killing himself or others!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:24 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I share your frustration! That drunk guy should be forever grateful you stopped him from killing himself or others!
I guess you could say I took one for the te
am
Old 10-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
When you're cruising down the road, in your motorhome and passing semi trucks, glance over and see how many of them are texting as they drive. You can normally tell the texters, since they have difficulty staying in their lane; either crossing the lane divider line or running off on the emergency shoulder.

Scary proposition!
Old 10-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Here where I live they just passed a texting and driving law that went in effect Oct.1
first time your caught $500.00 fine,second time you loose your license.There not messing around with it,been to many people killed this year.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:00 PM   #21

Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan5711 View Post
Here where I live they just passed a texting and driving law that went in effect Oct.1
first time your caught $500.00 fine,second time you loose your license.There not messing around with it,been to many people killed this year.
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:03 PM   #22

Great. IF they inforce it.
jmckinley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Personally I wish someone could come up with a device that would turn any cell phone off in a car once it's started. Seems simple enough for some techy. I know to some it may be a silly request but to me it's a good idea. I transport cars and am on the highway a lot only to see people continuously texting and driving. Just using your phone to talk is a big distraction. JMHO!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:23 PM   #24

I thought politics and religion were off limits on this forum?
Old 10-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker2 View Post
I thought politics and religion were off limits on this forum?
This is about your life! Or don't you think that's important?
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:47 PM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I did not think about it at the time I got hit by a drunk driver but think about this.

There are two sets of laws. Civil and Crininal/Traffic.. Now when the police arrested the drunk that hit you that was for the Criminal violation. he may or may not get off on that.. If he is convicted odds are it's a fairly serious slap but.. alas it's not (in my opinion) enough.

However if you haul his butt before a civil judge and say "your honor, His Driving while under the influence endangered my life and that of those with me" Well. the damages can easily run into the millions. EVEN IF YOU WERE NOT INJURED.

There is supposed to be a case where a trucker got sued for "Thertening" a poke-along-us he was trying to pass. Despite the fact there was never any physical contact, Never any danger. The jerk who sued the trucker got half a million for "Endangerment".
Old 10-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
The name of the thread is, "Just Discussion". It's just discussion.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #28

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
Personally I wish someone could come up with a device that would turn any cell phone off in a car once it's started. Seems simple enough for some techy. I know to some it may be a silly request but to me it's a good idea. I transport cars and am on the highway a lot only to see people continuously texting and driving. Just using your phone to talk is a big distraction. JMHO!
They have them, but under Federal law it's illegal to use them.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote