Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think some folks post "Help me, I have a problem" posts in several forums. When their problem is fixed they never go back because they don't need anything else.
It's the true forum 'members' that post updates and results.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #16
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
One thing to consider . . . There is a "Thanks" button at the bottom right of each post. I use it fairly often to thank someone for answering a question or for what I think is a particularly insightful post. As far as I know, only that person you've thanked by using that feature is aware that you've used it. Perhaps that feature is being used more than we might think. I get a "Thanks" via that button now and then . . . I like it. Even if I don't get a thanks, either by further posts or by the button, I feel good if I've answered a question or otherwise provided some assistance to someone. Kinda like dropping some money into the Salvation Army bell ringer's pot. Thanks!
I use the iPad app exclusively and don't see that feature ......anybody else using the iPhone/iPad app know if that feature is available (hidden somewhere ) ?

Thanks.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:22 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ummm...Spritz? You still there? Didn't see your response to the answers others have provided....
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:31 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I use the iPad app exclusively and don't see that feature ......anybody else using the iPhone/iPad app know if that feature is available (hidden somewhere ) ?

Thanks.
I'm using an iPad, too (full website, not the app).

Just for grins, I'll hit the "thanks" button on your post, you can look to see if you get it (might have to look in the "User CP" to see them).
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #19
Community Moderator

Quote:
I'm using an iPad, too (full website, not the app). Just for grins, I'll hit the "thanks" button on your post, you can look to see if you get it (might have to look in the "User CP" to see them).
Thanks for the thanks. :-)

Nope, it doesn't show up anywhere in the app. :confused
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #20

Solo Rvers Club
Sometimes I know (think) I have asked a question, and forget where it is, I go to SEARCH (blue bar) and look at all my posts, I can find it there.
It is a good feature if you have a 'senior moment ' once and awhile...

I found it a bit confusing at first and could,'t figure out where I was or had been the search button helped me many times...

given my experience I don't think all posters who don't reply are being rude, just lost, or don't think they will need help more than once, and once they get the info sign off and forget where the info came from, not realizing what a great wealth of information is here for all, I read a lot of posts that do not pertain to my situation at all but are very interesting to read as an 'education'

I want to thank everyone for all their help on all my questions silly or not, it is nice to know there are so many helpers out there willing to give of their time, Knowledge, and experience.
sometimes for me, this forum is the only voice in the wilderness and I am truly grateful ...

Old 01-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #21
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post

Thanks.
I have both the standard iRV2 and the iPad app for iRV2 on my iPad.
I use the standard version for regular day to day viewing and posting and I use the iPad version mainly just for photo upload because it's easier.
This way, when I post a question, I can easily follow it and send a "thank you" when I like to using the standard version.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #22

The only problem with the "thanks" option is that you don't know that anyone has "thanked" you unless you click on User CP and then scroll down to the recent thanks section. I just did that and found a couple of recent thanks, wow, you are very welcome, thank you.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Sometimes I know (think) I have asked a question, and forget where it is, I go to SEARCH (blue bar) and look at all my posts, I can find it there.
It is a good feature if you have a 'senior moment ' once and awhile...

I found it a bit confusing at first and could,'t figure out where I was or had been the search button helped me many times...
I'll follow a thread, but then I'll notice the original person who started the thread, it was their first post. But then they will never post anything else. I think someone may have a RVing question either about repair, purchasing or lifestyle and will Google it and post on many sites, but then forget how to get back to the post, or get it answered elsewhere.

Case in point: I had bought a new Tundra a few weeks back and wanted to find out some info: I Googled it and came up with a site called Tundratalk.net. They use the software as this site, but in a little different way. Even though I have posted for close to 14 years on this site, I still have to figure out how their threads worked. But once I did, I learned more in a few weeks than I did in the last few months dealing with my Toyota sales staff.

But if not been an active poster here, I might have been lost....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:26 AM   #24

I guess I am look at this from a different perspective. Being an IT Project Manager majority of my communications are via e-mail. It drives me crazy when people "reply to all" with a thank you or a personal comments. Regarding this site I sometimes reply with a note of thanks but only if I have additional information to provide or have a subsequent question. Being that this is an informational forum I just take it for granted that the OP or anyone else that reads the post is thankful for the advice. I am not at all offended if I don't receive a thank you ...
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh
The only problem with the "thanks" option is that you don't know that anyone has "thanked" you unless you click on User CP and then scroll down to the recent thanks section. I just did that and found a couple of recent thanks, wow, you are very welcome, thank you.
Interesting - I get an email notification that I have received a Thank You. Otherwise, since I use the iPhone 99% of the time, I would see it in my PMs. The app is Very user friendly - but you cannot Thank Others - no button for that.

As for closing your thread when the issue is resolved.... It is good form to do so, but not required.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
One thing to consider . . .

There is a "Thanks" button at the bottom right of each post. I use it fairly often to thank someone for answering a question or for what I think is a particularly insightful post. As far as I know, only that person you've thanked by using that feature is aware that you've used it. Perhaps that feature is being used more than we might think.

I get a "Thanks" via that button now and then . . . I like it. Even if I don't get a thanks, either by further posts or by the button, I feel good if I've answered a question or otherwise provided some assistance to someone. Kinda like dropping some money into the Salvation Army bell ringer's pot.

Thanks!
That's about the BEST way of putting it I have ever seen....THANKS
Old 01-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Interesting - I get an email notification that I have received a Thank You. Otherwise, since I use the iPhone 99% of the time, I would see it in my PMs. The app is Very user friendly - but you cannot Thank Others - no button for that.

As for closing your thread when the issue is resolved.... It is good form to do so, but not required.
I clicked on user CP and then edit options and found a that I could add the option of receiving an email/PM if I received thanks, so I fixed that.
Great, thanks
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh

I clicked on user CP and then edit options and found a that I could add the option of receiving an email/PM if I received thanks, so I fixed that.
Great, thanks
Cool and thanks for the Thanks!

That's another one of the App drawbacks... No User CP - and I don't remember all the setup things I did when I signed up using my laptop.

Glad ya found it! Also - nice job closing the loop on that issue! Well played sir. Well played.
Steve
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent