Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #29

Evergreen Owners Club
And thanks to y'all...
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks to all,
My computer crashed after I posted (maybe a omen). But 2 trips to the repair shop & all is working now.

I guess what I was asking was more about problems we are having with our MH, TT 5th's and all, or rarely sometimes nothing to do with MH's,not necessarily a Personal Thank you.(would be nice though).
I am here almost daily to check out whats going on. I read a lot of the forums daily and don't even respond unless it has a interest to me or I have a suggestion
I had to retire 3 years ago @ 55 for medical reasons.Trying to pass time till it's time we start Motoring down the HWY.
Maybe I can offer help, it would be nice if they answered it worked or no it didn't work or try this then. I have learned alot of things on this site, from cleaning the roof to the almighty Black Tank. Sometimes a good laugh or Sometimes a Sorry to Hear. I have always answered it did or it didn't or a Thank you.
I didn't know what that "Thanks" button did. Now I do from reading this. I am computer illiterate to say the least.
Even learned how to upload or download pictures to show off my pride and joy vintage MH
Been following a guy for a year that's redoing his Airstream Class A.
We were suppose to be in the South somewhere but it wasn't in the cards this year. Maybe next year.
So Thanks for the responses, To those that are sno-birding and to us that have to go shovel all the sno-drifts in the driveway from last nights Blizzard, the winds were a blowing last night here in Mpls.
Thanks and Happy Motoring.
tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:32 AM   #31

The first or handful post type with a question I like to call them the "drive-bys". I also think there is a significant lurker community that may read but not participate much but gleams information here (some of whom will post introduction/show off only to go back to registered lurker status. Some of the drive-bys don't even return. There are also members like spritz that don't speak unless they "need" to.

I've also seen situations where advice is given but if its not the advice that reconfirms that OP's opinion it may be ignored. I started participating ahead of purchase so I could earn some "credibility" or lack thereof when I do reach a point where I need to ask a specific question. That said I feel that my inaugural season won't be a complete noob start since like a few others stated I have read other topics for the information contained within. I figure the more I know the more harm I can do. I mean the more likely it is if I don't know what i'm doing I'll at least have a clue where to go for help or what to try. For these topics I probably didn't contribute but I did get help.

Like campground courtesy which is brought up once and awhile IRV2 is a large community from a broad cross spectrum of international society. We won't all think alike or have the same computer skills/RV knowledge or just plain common sense.

What I want to pass on to the next generation (think geek v2.0) if you get it. Is a "whole person" education which includes not just academics but etiquette, decorum the whole kaboodle. The problem I see is we are become more YOLO/ME oriented and it's still cropping up in the drive bys.

Now when I see some of these posts though I think some of them aren't responded because they don't feel like part of the community and/or their Internet skills aren't great.

Or maybe their droid app is a simpler version of mine
Old 01-30-2014, 02:15 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Sommers View Post
Just picture that you're sitting around a campfire, and consider each post a person talking, and the person that started the current subject of the conversation sitting there nodding their head in thanks for the input.

Not everyone needs the "strokes", and are satisfied with being able to give their opinion/information, and knowing the combined information was probably a benefit to the masses, not necessarily only to an individual.

IMHO

Ed
Well said Ed. If nothing else, we all come away a wee bit more enlightened.
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:29 AM   #33

Or maybe the post has taken on another life....or has 100+ replies.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent