Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Down View Post
God Bless Seajay might I suggest you take the two darvoset and glass of wine before you go out 11 Nov, 2010. Got me through some tough recon's in 68. Thanks
the few times i took darvocet i felt loopy the uri that was being treated was bad enough (i never did understand why daroset was the medics answer to every ailment)
i wanted to face every day in the delta as sober as i could not for the memories but for clear thinkink to get me thru the day
rvn apr 67- nov 68
brianj

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
With respect to all ... I have arthritis in my hands, spine, knees and one elbow. I start every day with one tab with my morning meds that Willa sets up for me. As the day progresses, according to what I am doing, I will take another as needed when my knees start to ache. I dont think I am getting ''hi'' on them but they do take a lot of the ''sting'' out of my old bones and they let me ''keep kicking'' when I would be moaning and groaning otherwise. If I am working on one of our cars and doing a lot of ''up and down'' and ''crawling under'' etc etc. I will take another ''hit'' in the afternoon to keep going. Often times at night after my shower I will take one just to ''relax'' all the ache parts. My Willa was a nurse and she monitors my ''drug intake'' all the time and she has assured me that I am not going 'over the limit' when it comes to Darvoset. Sometimes, If I know we are going to be doing a lot of walking I will take a tab with me on the walk and use as needed.
I say this with all respects to everyone and your input is appreciated on this subject. Bare in mind I am 70 plus and things just aint like they use to be.....

tks for the input ......

God bless our vets ALL GAVE SOME ....SOME GAVE ALL ...

Old 11-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
[ I dont think I am getting ''hi'' on them but they do take a lot of the ''sting'' My Willa was a nurse and she monitors my ''drug intake'' all the time and she has assured me that I am not going 'over the limit' when it comes to Darvoset.
I say this with all respects to everyone and your input is appreciated on this subject. Bare in mind I am 70 plus and things just aint like they use to be.....

tks for the input ......

God bless our vets ALL GAVE SOME ....SOME GAVE ALL ...[/QUOTE]

no disrespect meant from me just relating my experiance with it
after heart surgery i was given tylonal 2 (i think) woke up and the room was backward i
no tolerance for any pain pills
and at 70 + its nice to know there are a few older than me
the older i get the better i was
when i go to va i see a bunch of the former best our country had and now we are a bunch of old guys (and gals)
the best thing about passing time is it is now somewhat honorable to be a viet nam vet i havent been called a baby killer in a long time
brianj
Old 11-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
tncruiser..... I thank you for your service in Nam and I honor you for doing your duty when called upon for same. I believe it is well known on here that I honor all Vets regardless of rank or stripe and I especially honor our Vietnam Vets for their brave service in a war that I think no one really understood and a conflict of no consequence save the terrible waste of our youngest and finest. I have made it a good habit to thank vets for their service and I alwys salute them and shake their hand. Pls dont get me wrong ... .I appreciate your input concerning Darvoset but I am very careful as to my intake. My Willa is/was a nurse and she monitors my meds very closely...

God bless your for your service to this country and a heart felt thanks from myself.

Be safe my friend .....
Old 11-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #19

SEAJAY On Thursday I will be on the overpass of I-5 and California Hiwy 198 at Harris Ranch. I-5 is the main north south freeway in California. I will do the same thing to my fruit picker that you did to your trimmer.

SEAJAY a couple of years ago I went in for an emergency biopsiey for breast cancer. After surgery they put me on oxiecontin. The morning after I asked to be put on Vicodin. The oxei made me luppie and sick to the stomach. Don't know how people can take it for recreation. Also I have a pretty high tolerance to pain.
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Seajay........many thanks go out to you and yours, you are indeed a "Gentleman and a Scholar", and most of all a proud american. I know where your at in the progress of life's cycle, being that 70 is my next stop. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this post, I read it in it's interity, and you see what time it is, I do a lot of reading here late at night, as it puts things in perspective. Your story grabbed me and I could not turn loose. It reminded me of a song from years past, "Phantom 409 by Redd Sovine". God bless the USA and for soldiers like you.
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:39 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yoooooh CorsairIIAT. Would it not be a real ''Hoot'' if we could get a bunch of Vets standing on bridges waving Old Glory to honor all Vets on Nov 11? To a point, I am kinda amazed the some of the local VFW's arent doing it now. I guess they are busy with other stuff like parades, etc. To me it is the best way to honor our country and our Vets. For what it is worth, I tie a ''tag line'' from the top of the staff down to my arm or wrist so that it is impossible for me to lose the flag. (my hands aint what they use to be) I use a ''slip knot'' so, if necessary, I can ''cut it free'' if necessary but, so far, I havent needed to do that. Yes, I will go to a parade if I can find one.
One more thing Corsair...... You will be number one on my prayer list when I talk to the 'Boss of the Boat' tonight. May God bless you and make you whole again.

To David G.... You are too kind my brother. I try to think of myself as ''About Average''. In my posts I try to put all things in prospective and I just tell it on here like I would tell the posting in a ''face to face'' manner if we were watching a campfire together. To me, writing is easy. I always try to start at the beginning and hold to the story till it is done. Simple. I will be the first to say that the 'fish that got away weighed several hundred pounds' and sometimes in my satire I will ''stretch the blanket'' just a little tiny bit but you will know it in the reading of the tale. What is strange to me is that if you put yourself in a ''situation'' things will happen to you. It never fails with me. To me this is part of the ''adventure of life''. Ever since I joined the Navy back in 58 life has been one great adventure sometimes punctuated with sadness along the way. I try to take life on the positive side. To me the glass is always half FULL....... The top half has been ''enjoyed'' and the ''bottom half'' still holds ''GREAT PROMISE'' ..... (i think i am rambling again)
Anyhow, many thanks for your kind words and your service to my country.......
God bless our troops and keep them safe and bring them back us real soon ...
Thank a Vet for your freedom on Nov 11......
Old 11-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Politicians start wars and vets fight them. It's the vets that pay the price. This Thursday, honor all vets. Those that came home safe, those disabled, those who died, those who are still POW and MIA.

More Than A Name On A Wall
Old 11-26-2010, 07:57 AM   #23

Here it is, November 26th, and I just got onto this site.
Regardless of date, the story is touching.

Anyone that pulls out Old Glory, especially one that has draped their Father or other relative, to wave in public on a day of remembrance deserves a Bravo Zulu.

Hand, Salute !!!

rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote