Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post
(just to be perfectly clear... i'm kidding about the mean reference!)
Of course!! When I make my way back down there in a few days, I'll get some good photos. It's pretty amazing.

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
You are correct. We live in the north west corner of AR and it is similar to MO. We have mountains, valleys, rivers, good hunting. One of the longest deer hunting seasons in the country. Good trout fishing. Mild winters, usually and not to hot for summers, usually.

Come and visit!!

BTW we are transplanted Yankee's. Been here about 30 years but few know we are Yankee's. I've learned to talk Arkie!!

TeJay
We musta come right by you! We pulled out of Little Rock and took 67 / 167 all the way to St Louis. Talk about some back roads - at first I thought UH OH, we're not in Kansas anymore toto, but I'm really glad we did. Traffic was very light, 67 is a nice road, we got to see a lot of the small towns AND it forced us through the forest, which I fear we might have missed had we gone i55 through memphis. So +1 for backroads.

'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 04-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith2039 View Post
Well I would trade you but I see your from Houston too close to the inlaws! We tend to like Texas more and will eventually move down there. Been in MO area all my life except a year and half I lived in Austin, TX. Getting tired of the weather.
I can understand ALL of that.

Well Andrea and I are working HARD to get OUT of Houston. The city has gotten very crowded, and very mean - it's odd what's happened over the last bunch of years there - so we are looking to bug out - part of our travels is trying to figure out where we want to go next. Considering Lake Palestine in Texas or lake Granbury, but southern MO might be on my list as well. or BullShoals Lake?? maybe
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 04-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

LOL.

Two years ago we took a 3 month, 8300 mile trip aimed at experiencing New England in the fall. It was every bit as beautiful as we had imagined but we were shocked that, on our way back to Arizona, the fall colors in Missouri were nearly as breathtaking!

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #19

The Ozarks are an often forgot about mountain range. But they are spectacular in the Spring and Fall. Missouri is also loaded with "Caves". The Merrimack, and Onondaga are 2 examples.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #20

IMO, the best place to get wine in MO is Hermann, MO the home of Stone Hill Winery, Adam Puchta Winery and several others.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3205 View Post
The Ozarks are an often forgot about mountain range. But they are spectacular in the Spring and Fall. Missouri is also loaded with "Caves". The Merrimack, and Onondaga are 2 examples.
There is one in Bella Vista,,, was a Civil war cave,, then many things... I went there to see a couple rock bands, 80's,,, cool place... Last I saw it's boarded up... shame.....
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #22

How good is the trout fishing in NW Ark?
Hunting? Now you have my attention. How good is it?
Old 04-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
How good is the trout fishing in NW Ark?
Hunting? Now you have my attention. How good is it?
Well the world record Brown Trout until 2009 was caught here n Arkansas. Just a little over 40 pounds until till some Kiwi down in New Zealand caught a 42 pounder!
Old 04-12-2014, 11:21 PM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
I gave up hunting when we moved to AR. It's not that I don't like it but the DW does not like venison so why do it. I've got so much to keep me busy as it is.

The deer heard is very well managed and quite large. We have deer running through our yard almost weekly. I have a friend that gets his limit every year. AR has the longest deer hunting season in the country. Between bow, muzzle loader and rifle you can hunt for probably 90 days or more. Check the laws on line. Like I said I haven't hunted in AR much so I don't really know for sure. The deer are decent sized and my buddy has some very nice racks and heads on his walls and in his shop.

The trout fishing is very nice. The system of dams and tail waters is very good. There's the white river, Little Red, Spring River, table rock and probably more. The system is well managed but it can be busy. I've always liked fall and winter fishing because the crowds are much smaller.
The worst part in fishing on these managed waterways is the fact that there is no source for when they will open a gate and start generating.

Years ago I drove to the Dam (an hour drive) put my gear on, walked to the river, waded into the stream, made my first cast, caught a trout, the horn blew, I caught 6 more the water came up and I had to leave. That's a true story.

The Core of Engineers parks all around the lakes and rivers are very nice, well managed and a pleasure to use. Just do a search and you'll see what I mean.

YEP!! Ricks correct about the world record brown trout. It was caught on the Lil Red over by Heber Springs. That's a nice river to fish.

TeJay
Old 04-12-2014, 11:40 PM   #25
def

Send a message via Yahoo to def
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
This place is GORGEOUS!!!
You don't get out much do you....

You want beauty? Try the SE. I lived in Katy for years...Houston is fine for a career but, the property taxes are high...I just paid my prop tax bill...under $500.00 for the house and 8 acres...my auto tags are less than $150.00 for all three vehicles and you don't need a dog license.

Watch yourself in the Chicago area....I grew up there...cops don't fool around in the Windy City. Try Door County, Wisconsin. Beautiful in Fish Creek, Ephraim, Sister Bay and Ellison Bay. Stop at Wilson's in Ephraim...
Old 04-14-2014, 09:49 AM   #26

OK just pulling the TT outta storage for the first trip next week and we'll certainly be looking into ARK this year! Gotta go that direction any way sometime this year. The fishing here is pretty good though for trout on the river below the dam also try-
www.wanyeswords.com for our fish report every week.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
I gave up hunting when we moved to AR. It's not that I don't like it but the DW does not like venison so why do it. I've got so much to keep me busy as it is.

The deer heard is very well managed and quite large. We have deer running through our yard almost weekly. I have a friend that gets his limit every year. AR has the longest deer hunting season in the country. Between bow, muzzle loader and rifle you can hunt for probably 90 days or more. Check the laws on line. Like I said I haven't hunted in AR much so I don't really know for sure. The deer are decent sized and my buddy has some very nice racks and heads on his walls and in his shop.

The trout fishing is very nice. The system of dams and tail waters is very good. There's the white river, Little Red, Spring River, table rock and probably more. The system is well managed but it can be busy. I've always liked fall and winter fishing because the crowds are much smaller.
The worst part in fishing on these managed waterways is the fact that there is no source for when they will open a gate and start generating.

Years ago I drove to the Dam (an hour drive) put my gear on, walked to the river, waded into the stream, made my first cast, caught a trout, the horn blew, I caught 6 more the water came up and I had to leave. That's a true story.

The Core of Engineers parks all around the lakes and rivers are very nice, well managed and a pleasure to use. Just do a search and you'll see what I mean.

YEP!! Ricks correct about the world record brown trout. It was caught on the Lil Red over by Heber Springs. That's a nice river to fish.

TeJay

I'd be eating venison without her,.... she can keep the bacon
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 04-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
So we are back! We setup camp at Redman Creek COE at Lake Wappepello for the next 9 days.

There are only 5 other campers here right now, the lake's off to my right, it's a cool crisp night, and it's awesome. We have a secluded spot, wonderful.

To finally just stop moving for a minute! Our schedule is pretty tight, and we hardly ever get much of a chance to sit still for very long, so this is great right here!

'14 Ram 3500 Aisin