Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Rustic, lakeside, mountain setting away from any signs of "civilization". This doesn't mean far away just where the noise and lights are not a factor.

I would prefer level concrete sites, pull through, with plenty of room for all the toy's that people now feel the need to bring along.

I don't mind seeing my neighbor but I don't want to know everything about him so some site separation using existing trees and bushes would be great especially if the trees still provided shade. Since all of the newer mh's are power hungry beasts 50/30 amp service is a must.

Water and sewer hookups would be an essential except for the no services "I'm just passing through" section close to the entrance/exit especially designed for a quick nights sleep and off before the sun comes up.

Cable access and wifi at all sites would be a great touch. I have no issue with paying a little extra for these services that I may or may not choose to use.

Small camp store with a laundry.

Just my starter list.

P.S. I have no use for rv parks/CG's that resemble the RV dealer I bought my mh from.

I especially Love the "I'm just passing through" section close to the entrance/exit especially designed for a quick nights sleep and off before the sun comes up."

Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Say that there is 80 acres to work with then what would you want in the site? Fishing pond?
Family area?

Old 07-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #17

So far, people have covered most items. Since we do travel with our Labs, it would be nice to have an area that I can run them in. Sites with plenty of room and some area between sites is always nice. The idea of having spots for the 'one nighter' is a good idea. I know that I like to start early and am concerned about firing up the DP while some chose to sleep in.
It seems that too many CG's attempt to crowd too many into a small area. I would be willing to pay a littel more for a larger site and not pay for the services that I do not wish to have.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #18

If there were 80 acres then yes I would love to have a "family area" section. I would love to have those that camp with kids set up in areas away from those that dont.
50/30 amp service, FHU
concrete sites
pool
Sites dividided by foliage ( we have that now where we camp a lot and it does make you feel at least somewhat more private )
Old 07-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Tiki bar. The rest is negotiable.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnette View Post
If there were 80 acres then yes I would love to have a "family area" section. I would love to have those that camp with kids set up in areas away from those that dont.

Good idea except that they will still be in your area driving golf carts or electric scooters.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #21

Judging from the number of Walmart Parking and boondocking posts here, there is no way I would build an RV park in the first place.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
With 80 acres, why not build a Wal Mart and then we could all camp for free!
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry no Wal-Mart by me. Just thinking out loud as I look outside the window at the CG we are at.

We do own 80 acres free and clear but would not put a retail business like a store on it.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #24

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand
Being a boondocker, it would need a view & privacy between sites.
Amen to that!
How about 50 amp full hook ups on 1/2-1 acre wooded sites for each camper. Provide a rail system throughout the site to get between the main check in area( pool, laundry, restraints, water park, RV service center). Nice big lake for skiing, boating, another lake (not pond) for fishing. And of course free Wi-Fi plus delivery service to each site at no extra charge. No gravel or concrete to be seen- all roads and pads would be made of concrete but overlaid with high traffic grass cut short and neat.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
Amen to that!
How about 50 amp full hook ups on 1/2-1 acre wooded sites for each camper. Provide a rail system throughout the site to get between the main check in area( pool, laundry, restraints, water park, RV service center). Nice big lake for skiing, boating, another lake (not pond) for fishing. And of course free Wi-Fi plus delivery service to each site at no extra charge. No gravel or concrete to be seen- all roads and pads would be made of concrete but overlaid with high traffic grass cut short and neat.
Love it but it is only 80 acres..........I would love to be able to use the boat at the same place that I am staying at.

I do love the other details! Just need more that 80 acres for a skiing lake.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #26

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Since you have the acreage already give us the address or a google link to Satellite picture and make it a contest. Winner gets first night of camping free and a spot named for them!

If you have e eagles eye view put on a power point slide or another drawing program we can download and go wild then post our pictures.
Must have info would be current orientation, prevalent wind directions, East/west markers and where the main access road interstate, electric, sewer, water come in to the property. Of course any restrictions are needed as well.

I bet there are plenty of folks here that could give you more than just an idea.
Ron
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #27

If you build it , they will come !
Old 07-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
Since you have the acreage already give us the address or a google link to Satellite picture and make it a contest. Winner gets first night of camping free and a spot named for them!

If you have e eagles eye view put on a power point slide or another drawing program we can download and go wild then post our pictures.
Must have info would be current orientation, prevalent wind directions, East/west markers and where the main access road interstate, electric, sewer, water come in to the property. Of course any restrictions are needed as well.

I bet there are plenty of folks here that could give you more than just an idea.
Ron
Itís just a thought right now. Itís in a small town in NM, near lots of farms. We lived bought it many years ago and our kids grew up on it. It needs to have all buildings bulldozed over and then we are starting over and trying to decide what to do with it.

Plenty of water both well for pools, grass and city for drinking. We own all water and mineral etc rights to it too.
We let the local Childrenís home use it to grow crops on for years and then they got more modern and quit using it.
Not sure itís really in an exciting area of NM Ė but itís on the NM, TX boarder. Quiet and lots of room!