Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #43

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
LOL are there some around?
Years ago wife and I spent a weekend at, as I recall "Turtle Lake Resort" it is billed as Union City Michigan but I think it's closer to Burlington.

Back then it was a membership campground, but it was on the rocks financially (Well the parent company was) and Ray Noveli of All Seasons wwished to buy it, but they were adament they did not wish to sell to him (Good thing as it turned out)

Park is now "Clothing optional" they sold to a nudiest colony

The funny part

My parents phone back then (They are gone now so I can post this without worry) 741 7001

The park 741-7007

Many is the peson who mis-dialed.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #44

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Turtle Lake Resort - The Midwests Premier Nudist Resort
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand View Post
Hope its not abandoned there because its stolen.
Well not stolen but the kids that were drinking in our ol barn left it there and then forgot where they left it. I found this out after I called the Sheriff’s office and had it towed today.

Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricejh View Post
Ah...Portales. I lived in Clovis for a year while stationed at Cannon. Up on the caprock is a lovely area. Funny, 20 years later I loved in Clovis, CA for a couple of years too.
That is when we bought it while stationed there. LOL Small world isn't it? We raised our kids in the area until our eldest was 16 and then moved. We have had the place for almost 20 years and it is time to do something with it...............
Old 07-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Ah, colleen, you are a busy lady..... We were in this area in November..... We love out of the way campgrounds, so we woukd come..... Very seldom boondock, and never do the sardine cg..... I would love the community room for you to cook your pies and other goodies, and i would come and teach watercolor lessons...... Sounds good to me....., btw, we are finally back home....

Glad to see you back! Missed you on here. I do think you have a great plan for us............now we have to figure out what we will really do with it.

I would like to have a place where people had room and could enjoy their time in a CG. A community room, walking up drive in and pool are some of the things we are thinking of. Of course details like concrete pads, picnic tables, laundry room, privacy hedge of some sort and …………..well the list goes on. Its defiantly something to think seriously about.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Years ago wife and I spent a weekend at, as I recall "Turtle Lake Resort" it is billed as Union City Michigan but I think it's closer to Burlington.

Back then it was a membership campground, but it was on the rocks financially (Well the parent company was) and Ray Noveli of All Seasons wwished to buy it, but they were adament they did not wish to sell to him (Good thing as it turned out)

Park is now "Clothing optional" they sold to a nudiest colony

The funny part

My parents phone back then (They are gone now so I can post this without worry) 741 7001

The park 741-7007

Many is the peson who mis-dialed.
WOW not a good phone number for your parents to have any more. We won't be modeling ours from Turtle Lake Resort though. Clothes will be a must.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #49

Quote:
LOL are there some around?
There's one in Murfreesboro TN. I think there's also a general nudist camp there also.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #50

Quote:
If you where building a RV park of your dreams what would it be like? What amenities’ are must haves? What are deal killers for CG’s?
I would have part of the CG along a river with natural shade trees and part in a more open area for those with satellite dishes. The sites would be as level as possible. There would be full hookups and plenty of colorful flowers and shrubs for landscaping around the CG. The sites would be both deep and wide to offer some privacy to campers, with native trees and brush between the sites. Each site would have a fire-ring, BBQ grill and picnic table. The farthest section would be for those with dogs (maybe a fenced in area for the dogs to run loose) so others don't complain about barking and feces/odors. Maybe a section for families with children complete with a playground area. Those who like noisy games such as corn-hole can also be in that section. This way the seniors or anyone looking for peace and quiet will have it. There would be a clubhouse with lending library of both books and DVD movies. And where interesting activities are held. Because of liability issues, I'd skip the pool.

Now does anyone think someone could afford a place like that?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi
Say that there is 80 acres to work with then what would you want in the site? Fishing pond?
Family area?
A reasonably sized off leash dog area. Say 100 by 200 feet?
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #52

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68

A reasonably sized off leash dog area. Say 100 by 200 feet?
With 80 acres- how about a 1 acre with pond off leash area! My babies love to swim!
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi

That is when we bought it while stationed there. LOL Small world isn't it? We raised our kids in the area until our eldest was 16 and then moved. We have had the place for almost 20 years and it is time to do something with it...............
A good friend of mine got stationed at Clovis several years back and retired there. He now own and runs a water soffner company.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #54

A pool is great but should have a wading pool for the small toddlers. A nice shaded play ground with alot to keep the little ones busy and outdoors. I've been to a few Camp Grounds that forget that little ones camp to.
Arthur
arthur54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
If your going to build one in that area,make sure the sites face north and south. That will reduce the electricity consumption.For us , we like the clean all paved /sectioned off with gravel sites, with green areas for the dogs and common area. Like this one in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Old 07-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #56

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUCKSHAVEN View Post
If your going to build one in that area,make sure the sites face north and south. That will reduce the electricity consumption.For us , we like the clean all paved /sectioned off with gravel sites, with green areas for the dogs and common area. Like this one in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Could not do one like that.. love grass and trees waayy more than rock and sun
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote