Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
I would not think twice about purchasing products made in Canada. I do believe that the Canadians are fair traders and we have great receprosity with them. .
Regarding greeting cards, I have several programs that I use to create my own greeting cards. If I were to buy Greeting cards I would now check the back to see where they were printed.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
Why? What's the diff?
I think I have expressed my opinion as best I can. I am not going to be baited by you to start an arguement or to go any further off topic so this will be my last post on this.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #31

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Most of the greeting cards I send are Made in the USA... (Actually.. I use software to print them myself, cheaper that way and it does not support China) .
Old 10-18-2011, 12:23 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club

Francesca
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
I agree! The only way we are going to turn this county around is to buy from this country. We visited Linville Caverns in NC this summer. Every blessed souvenier was made overseas. I had intened to buy gifts for the g-kids but I told the clerk I would not be making any purchases and why. Probably didn't do much good, but I felt better.
Now I don't see too many things in the stores made in Canada, but I will buy their products. I lived near the Canadian border years ago. The mall in Watertown would be full of Canadians buying our products. Yes, they got more for their money in the US, but the fact remains, they bought from us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonP View Post
We have Canadians streaming over our borders here in Minnesota. They spend money like crazy and sad to say, they seem like nice people. Disgusting!!! At least they should say "about" with in "Minnesotan" NOT "aboot".
So your putting a locally owned business out of business?? Hmm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jablair View Post
The real problem is not with China anymore than with Canada, Mexico or Japan. The real problem is with our own Politicians and the Political Establishment! They are the ones that have created excessive spending supported by excessive debt! It is they who have given us an ever growing bureaucracy with higher pay and benefits which greatly exceed the private sector. More and more regulation and restrictions and longer and longer delays in actually getting any project off the drawing board and into construction. In short it is they who have chosen to strangle the goose that lays the 'Golden Eggs'. Which is the American Taxpayer and American Industry, for those who still have not yet figured that one out!
Actually, the 'time to market' has shortened. By a large margin. Years in fact.. The rest is just political opinion..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
LOL I didn't get my wording right did I? My point was the corporations are moving their factorys overseas for cheap labor, and alot of times cheaply made products, not to Canada. I don't usually see too many products made in Canada, but would buy them before buying made in China. Of course I try to buy only made in the USA, but it is not always possible.
They dont go to Canada 'cause of the regulations and pretty much the same higher wages as here. In any case, what is the difference of 'Buying China' verses 'Buying Canadian'? What about 'Buying Czech'? they make a vast majority of the Light Sport planes sold in the US. As does Germany. Whats different about buying those than from the Chinese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Most of the greeting cards I send are Made in the USA... (Actually.. I use software to print them myself, cheaper that way and it does not support China) .
Where's the paper and especially the ink come from? (Canada and China) The printer was most likely made in China too..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Just about forty years ago:
Here's a TV ad for Richard Nixon's 1972 re-election Campaign
Campaign Spot: The Truth About Taxes (1940) — History.com Video
Here's the accompanying blurb:
(Quote)
"Campaign Spot: China (1972) (1:02)

One of Nixons lasting legacies was his trip to China to normalize relations between the two countries which had been cut off for 20 years. No American president had ever visited China. Nixons tip signaled a major change -- for both America and Chinas policies. And for Republicans, a huge reason to re-elect their candidate."

(End quote)

As he sowed...

Francesca
Old 10-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ya.. right after that people complained the Japanese were gonna own the USA.. They were sending all those good, cheap cars and electronics in and buying all of Manhattan!

Then it was the Taiwanese...

Then the Koreans..

Then Mexico (Ross Perot any one?)..

Now China...

Same song, same dance, different partner..
Old 10-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hmmmm....
That was forty years ago....
Guess that would have been our parents doin' the complaining, and throwing in some stuff about the "young, lazy good-for-nothings" watching the country go to the dogs...
Oh!
Wait!
They were talking about.............US!

Francesca
Old 10-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Hmmmm....
That was forty years ago....
Guess that would have been our parents doin' the complaining, and throwing in some stuff about the "young, lazy good-for-nothings" watching the country go to the dogs...
Oh!
Wait!
They were talking about.............US!

Francesca
Francesca all I can say is speak for your self, when I was 10 I wanted a toy gun, it was $10 he said I'll give you $5 you earn the other $5. Here in Philly we have the soft pretzel, as a kid they sold for a penny. There was a pretzel bakery in the neighborhood you could buy them 2 for a penny. Took a dollar fifty and bought 200 pretzels a a jar of mustard. Went to the local trucking depot, caught all the drivers and sold out in 10 minutes. Doubled my investment and learned it felt good to make money. Next day bought 400 and sold out again. Did this all summer, had the gun and a bankroll. That's what my Dad taught me!!!
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Now if it has to say "Made in U.S.A.," well, that's different.
But what if it's made in New Jersey?
majorloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Whats made in New Jersey??

Anybody?

Made in New Jersey | Company & Product Spotlight, New Jersey Company
Old 10-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Francesca all I can say is speak for your self, when I was 10 I wanted a toy gun, it was $10 he said I'll give you $5 you earn the other $5. Here in Philly we have the soft pretzel, as a kid they sold for a penny. There was a pretzel bakery in the neighborhood you could buy them 2 for a penny. Took a dollar fifty and bought 200 pretzels a a jar of mustard. Went to the local trucking depot, caught all the drivers and sold out in 10 minutes. Doubled my investment and learned it felt good to make money. Next day bought 400 and sold out again. Did this all summer, had the gun and a bankroll. That's what my Dad taught me!!!
Well, for crying out loud, how did you let the country get in such a mess since then????
Seems like if you'd kept it up, your kids and their kids would be doing the same thing...

Francesca

P.S.
I walked barefoot to school in the driving snow, too-and yes, uphill both ways...

F.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #41

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
What if it said "Made in Canada" instead of "Made in China"?
I'd buy it. Canadians are our northern cousins, we can understand them without taking foreign language lessons (unless they are Quebecois) and they brew good beer, eh?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #42

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Whats made in New Jersey??

Anybody?
Mobsters?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote