Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #15

I make fabric postcards that I send whenever I need a card, so all of my cards are made in the USA...by me !

liz
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
If it's made in Canada, it's made in America

And remember, if it's made in Mexico, it's made in America.

Now if it has to say "Made in U.S.A.," well, that's different.
You Can't doubt that statement.

If We Can't Haul It.....You Don't need It! Motor-T
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
guess where 25 percent of oil in the US comes from......Canada
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:36 AM   #18

Jayco Owners Club
We have Canadians streaming over our borders here in Minnesota. They spend money like crazy and sad to say, they seem like nice people. Disgusting!!! At least they should say "about" with in "Minnesotan" NOT "aboot".
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:45 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
The people of Mexico that make things for US consumption are not coming here and spending our education and health care dollars, and are north American citizens, just a thought.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
I assume you mean vehicles purchased by the State government, Mr. D. We've bought Japanese (Toyota and two Hondas) and Korean (a Kia Sedona) the last four times. We lived in Bothell when we got the Camry ('85), in Everett when we got the Accord and Odyssey (both 95's, the Odyssey bought used) and in Anacortes when we bought the Sedona ('03).

In every case, as a former autometive and aerospace engineer, I couldn't live with the cheap crap the US manufacturers were trying to sell in that time frame. We did have a '79 Chevette as a second car - least said soonest mended. That one was traded for the Camry.

The '90 Mercury Sable we got was the biggest pile of junk I ever owned - even worse than my 1958 DKW, my 1962 MG1100, my 1968 Rover 2000, my 1990 (?) Renault 18i or my daughter's Renault Alliance.

It appears that the US manufacturers are getting wise. It helps that a former Boeing exec now runs Ford, but I'm still sceptical that "Fix It Again Tony" can really make Chrysler well again..
You took the words right out of my mouth. Well said..
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonP View Post
We have Canadians streaming over our borders here in Minnesota. They spend money like crazy and sad to say, they seem like nice people. Disgusting!!! At least they should say "about" with in "Minnesotan" NOT "aboot".
Never met a Canadian I didnt like. Now how aboot that !!
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #22

I usually buy the cheapest item on the shelf. I dont care where its made because we live in a world economy. We buy theres and they buy ours.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonP View Post
I would bet Canadians spend more money in the US, (which by the way helps us) than we spend in Canada. The big corporations are not moving to Canada, they are moving to China, Thailand, etc. Big difference!
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
I would bet Canadians spend more money in the US, (which by the way helps us) than we spend in Canada. The big corporations are not moving to Canada, they are moving to China, Thailand, etc. Big difference!
So the "big difference" is . . . mileage?
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
So the "big difference" is . . . mileage?
LOL I didn't get my wording right did I? My point was the corporations are moving their factorys overseas for cheap labor, and alot of times cheaply made products, not to Canada. I don't usually see too many products made in Canada, but would buy them before buying made in China. Of course I try to buy only made in the USA, but it is not always possible.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #26

The real problem is not with China anymore than with Canada, Mexico or Japan. The real problem is with our own Politicians and the Political Establishment! They are the ones that have created excessive spending supported by excessive debt! It is they who have given us an ever growing bureaucracy with higher pay and benefits which greatly exceed the private sector. More and more regulation and restrictions and longer and longer delays in actually getting any project off the drawing board and into construction. In short it is they who have chosen to strangle the goose that lays the 'Golden Eggs'. Which is the American Taxpayer and American Industry, for those who still have not yet figured that one out!
jablair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #27

Quote:
I don't usually see too many products made in Canada, but would buy them before buying made in China.
Why? What's the diff?
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I don't usually see too many products made in Canada, but would buy them before buying made in China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
Why? What's the diff?
TechWriter, by changing the font of bsirby's quoted post are you trying to imply you are biased against China? Are you implying bsirby is biased? Be careful how you quote someone's post.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote