Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #15

You humble me.

Bob (Squidly Down Under) & Peg - 2013 Ford Focus pushing a 2011 Phoenix Cruiser 2552S
"In God we trust" to preserve our country and bring our Troops safely home.
Carry on, regardless..................
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #16
Welcome Back Seajay. Your post reminded me of a dear friend that passed away in March, He was 70. He had a few of the same things that you mentioned, plus a few others. He was an RV'er, like us but was somewhat newer (5yrs). I gained a lot of life knowledge from him, altough I am only 5 years younger. The important thing is to live our lives to the fullest like he did and to take each day as it comes. Again, we're glad you're back with us.

2014 Wildwood 27RKSS 2004 Nissan Titan Pilot Steve
Co-Pilot Marlene Furry Four Leg children: Fancy Lab/Chow, LB Little Bit, Maltese, Rocky, Border Terrier
StStg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #17
All I can say is WOW! You brought a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat. We're all headed in the same direction. Some of us get there before others. As we age our perspective changes. When someone who was 50 had passed away we used to say that they were old. Now we hear of someone who is 85 passing and we say "My Gosh, they were so young." We've gone from not trusting anyone over 30 to not knowing many who aren't over 30.

With me, I'll continue to work into my 70's because it's fun and I look at my clients who did the same and it helps to keep you going. I see too many who can't wait to retire and then it seems like in a very short period of time they are gone after they retire. I think when you lose the reason to get up in the morning, eventually you don't get up.
2011 Berkshire 390bh
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #18
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Like the song says "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was"
I'm 76 and still have the Hammer Down !
Keep takin yer pills Seajay, we need you here !
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you Lord for another day!
Thanks for the great post, I recognize many of the pills and thrills you speak of. Keep posting, they mean a lot to us!
crtrrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Thanks for the heartfelt post Seajay. It is difficult to face one's mortality and a little depressing to read your words. But, I must say, you have written words, thoughts and experiences that many folks either avoid thinking about or are afraid to say. Keep taking those pills sailor man, we want to see you at Beth Page.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34 TGA
Ford V-10 22000 lb chassis
Brake Buddy Advantage,
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #21

You have a beautiful and captivating writing style. While you were off the post, I could not figure why people were so intent on asking where you were. Now I know why.

You "spin a tale" in such a way that one can see a picture of what you are describing in their head. (I can still see you getting hit on the head by the pepsi bottle lol)

I hope you are keeping your writings in a journal. It would be published in a new york minute.

Please keep the wonderful stories coming and if you ever get to So Calif, the beautiful sunshine, even with all the traffic, please give me a shout. Sharing a meal with you and Willa would be an honor and a real lesson in living life.

Best regards,

2001 Safari Panther
Tiger Track, Koni shocks
Newbe Southern California based
pvrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #22

You seem like a guy who's got it pretty well figured out. I'm 53, and appreciate every word in your post.

I constantly tell my kids two mantras: "Life is not a dress rehearsal." & "Life is a one way trip." This life is the real deal. Live each day, trying to be better than just ok.

Thanks for the reminder...
2012 Montana 3582RL
Automobilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:43 AM   #23
Thanks for the post Seajay. I understand your perspective and at this point in my life all I can say is that I understand a few things. First, life IS short. Secondly, there are two days of the week that I don't have to worry about - yesterday & tomorrow. And thirdly, the meaning of life is simple - don't walk with God, follow him. He's already given us the directions.
Mike & Cindy, (of course with Lucy the Miniature Schnauzer & Eddie the Yorkie) Dublin, VA / Fun Finder TT / X215WSK
clarkgriswold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #24
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:10 AM   #25
Fleetwood Owners Club
Its 3:13 am East coast time as I sit here reading the replies to my post. I am amazed at all the accolades given about the post and I sometimes wonder just whom you guys are talking about in your kind words concerning the post. To be honest I find nothing that good about what I wrote. As I have stated before, I just write like I talk if we were sitting in my living room or around a camp fire.
I have found it very interesting the ''path of life I have trod''. I have outlived a lot of the people that I have loved and respected over the years and I often wonder why I was chosen to ''be here'' while others have gone on before me. I have read about people much younger than me that die of a heart attack. I have had two with little effect on my well being save taking some pills to thin my blood. The two strokes I had could have disabled me but they were of no effect on my well being as I can tell. I can still type 120+ w.p.m. and everything still ''works'' as I can tell. Like you guys, some things dont work as good as they use to, but they still work. Like someone said in a reply ....... ''I aint as good as I once was.... But I am as good ''once'' as I ever was''.. My Willa would have to be the true judge of that.........
I find that ''with age'' I am ''mellowing out'', ''slowing down''. Things that use to make me mad enought to fight are now things I smile at and just let go by. True, I still get angry sometimes but the ''angries'' is getting a lot fewer and they are mostly a waste of time.
With age I have no fears now. When you are young you have a life to live and you feel you must ''over do'' everything. You go thru youth in a great haste rushing toward tomorrow. Hurrying to make the dollar and rushing to have all the fun you can cram into a week long vacation at the coast. Hurrying to love and laugh and have the best of times you can cram into a weekend with friends and hurrying to make memories that you will forget and pictures you can't remember where they were taken. But you were having FUN and you were in a hurry to have this fun.....
When you are young, you are afraid. Fear is your secret enemy that you push away and cover up. When I was young, I feared failure. I feared failure in life and in love, failure in friendships, failure that I might not live up the the expectations of my parents, failure of not making something of my life that I could be proud of and my mom and dad could be proud of me for some accomplishment I might achieve in life. I think ''fear of failure'' was a great part of the driving force that guided my life and helped me achieve what I now have in life. When I was a business man my wife Linda would warn me that I was ''working too hard'' and putting in too many hours at the shop and it could be bad for my health. She did not seem to know it but the fear of failure was mostly my driving force back then. There were never enough hours in a day and never enough days in a week and the fear of failure was dogging my heels as I seen it. Maybe she was right because on Sunday morning on October 1st, 1995 at 8:45 am I had my first symptoms of a heart attack as I worked on a sample frame down at the shop. That is something that will put the ''fear of failure'' to you like a cannon ball thru a railroad tunnel with ''you'' about halfway thru that tunnel. That ''cannon ball'' may miss you but you know it is gonna come close to you at best, or worst. Either way, ''IT'S GONNA SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF YOU''......(wow, that was deeeeep)....lol....
It is now 3:54 am and I think I am starting to ramble.
Before I lose my thought pattern I would like to say THANK YOU for all your kind words. Sometimes I read your replies to my stuff and kinda wonder who the heck you guys are talkin' about?
Hope to see you at the National Rally......
Be safe on the road

God bless our troops and bring them home safe .......

I will post again when I think of something worthwhile to write about ....me.....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:06 AM   #26
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Can relate with your previous post when I was younger also, only have not had your heart or stroke problems.
I have had close calls with meeting my maker over the years closest back in 03 when Doc had to cut me for first time or as he said before I shakily signed the paper I would be a dead man if I didn't sign like the day before in six hours.
I have some problems since that day but can live through life with them.
Its good you can make a trip to the next irv2 rally do it as long as you can and meet all the friends you have made here.
Our travels to rallies are over because of my wifes dialysis treatments and a heart problem found recently and not operative because of dialysis situation.
We will be able to do weekend trips but have no regrets we have made many trips some long over the years with friends and meeting friends at many of the irv2 ralleyies.
I'm going to work keeping wife going and try to keep up with my 103 year old mother.
Safe travels Seajay and enjoy the rest of your years with yours truely.
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good luck to your Seajay. I have a couple of years on you and taking a mountain of Meds to keep going. Don't think I will make it to 103 though. If am lucky I would hope for another 10 or so. I don't worry about it and I am ready to go when the lord calls. I no longer have "fear of failure" which was a giant step for me. I just press on with what I am capable of doing. I had a great life with 20 years AF, 10 years on NASA contract, and over 15 years Nuclear. Great Life.
98 Endeavor DP, ISB275
RX300, Falcon II hitch, BB Vantage Select
VMSpc, 2002 Grey Ford Powerstroke
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:42 AM   #28
Thor Owners Club
Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
"The best way to stay young is to associate with young people. The fastest way to grow old is to try to keep up with them." That was said by a former pastor of ours when he was in his mid-forty's.
I am pushing 60...but refuse to get old.. I will go out fighting old age and old thought....The young and the young at heart keep us alive....had dinner with Doris in Savannah last night...81 and fun as hell.....I may not make 80...I will never act my age...that's the promise I have made myself. Being young at heart does not mean you rush through life. It means you can relate to things, that too the old, may make no sense or seem meaningless.
Live young...Peace...D

Dickson and Tracy
2016 Thor Windsport 31S
2015 Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote