Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2005, 07:20 AM   #1

Wow, I am still in shock, this is a big year for me, I just turned 40 in February then I found out last night I am going to be a grandma in October!
I still can't believe it! We are a family of young moms and grandmas apparently. My mom was 19 when she had me (just celebrated her 41st anniversary with my dad) I made her a grandma at age 41 when I was 21 and now my 19 yr old is making me a grandma at 40!! My dear hubby is a little in shock as well, but he is already planning taking her/him camping with us in a couple years!
Jennifer ( John's better half!)

jen&john is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2005, 07:20 AM   #2

Wow, I am still in shock, this is a big year for me, I just turned 40 in February then I found out last night I am going to be a grandma in October!
I still can't believe it! We are a family of young moms and grandmas apparently. My mom was 19 when she had me (just celebrated her 41st anniversary with my dad) I made her a grandma at age 41 when I was 21 and now my 19 yr old is making me a grandma at 40!! My dear hubby is a little in shock as well, but he is already planning taking her/him camping with us in a couple years!
Jennifer ( John's better half!)

Old 05-03-2005, 07:53 AM   #3

Congratulations!
You never feel your age until you look around at your kids.
My daughter turned 42 in Janurary this year! And I sure don't feel old!
Chet
Old 05-03-2005, 07:56 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Congratulations !!!

isn't that every parent's revenge on their children, watching them now have their own, while you now only reap the emmense rewards and joys of watching your Grandchild grow?

my boy just turned 13. i am just ecstatic

Happy days for you Jennifer and John

Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:07 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations on the Grandchild. I hardly recommend Grandkids over kids. Oh revenge is so sweet.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:37 AM   #6

I just gave my mother and father thier first grandchild and i will be 41 in 3 weeks.Amazing. We wish you all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:50 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Congratulations Jennifer!!

Geesh, you're too young to be a grandma, I always thought grandmas were supposed to be old!

Grandkids will be a pleasure, play with them until they get tired and cranky and then send 'em home. We we're blessed with our third grandkid last year, born during iRV2's National Rally in Texas.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:09 AM   #8

Thanks for all your kind wishes, I do feel too young to be a grandma especially since i am still in mom mode! I still have two daughters (11 year old and a 2 year old in potty training)at home. The 11 year old is over the moon about being an auntie and the 2 year old ( 3 in july) will be totally clueless I imagine.
I was thinking I can't ask the oldest to babysit for me anymore, she will be asking me to babysit for her!!!!! Yikes!!
Jennifer ( John's better half)

Old 05-04-2005, 10:44 AM   #9

and that says it all.
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:05 AM   #10

Jennifer, congratulations on being a Grandma, my wife and I will be Grandparents for the first time tommorrow .
We know that it's going to be a boy. Ed.S
Old 05-04-2005, 11:30 AM   #11

Be very very careful. We too were made grandparants at 39. Two weeks later I had to start wearing glasses and my hair turned grey! In retaliation, I retired at age 40.
Eddielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:37 AM   #12

Jayco Owners Club
Congratulations Jennifer, Edmund and wife.

Amy and Don
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:41 PM   #13

Wow, Jen & John that is fabulous news. We will keep your and your daughters family in our prayers for a safe pregnancy

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:33 AM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Congratulations! We're Great-Grandparents --- and revenge is sweet as our kids and grandkids can attest to

don
Don in E Texas is offline   Reply With Quote