Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2015, 07:13 AM   #1

I'm gonna build an Ark

Holy crap I've never seen so much rain since I was in S.E. Asia. We're in Myrtle Beach and it's been pretty much non-stop since yesterday, and not just rain, but downpours. Not supposed to quit until late Monday. Maybe some pontoons for the coach, and an anchor.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2015, 07:21 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just saw it on the news. Even for someone in Washington that is impressive. Like God said to Noah: "How long can you tread water?"
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:15 AM   #3

I saw some photos from a campground and the water was up to the axles on fivers and trailers. If you think its raining a lot st MB, take a look at what is happening at Charleston, SC. To anyone thinking of traveling into that area, I suggest you think it through. Stay safe folks.
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Yep..had almost 5" on my home weather station here in Annapolis/DC area. Bet you folks have almost twice that...and more to come!!!
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
We are in Virginia beach and same story except this morning clouds with sun, no rain. Battled a roof leak for the past 48 hours. With multiple tarps and rope. Just pulled the tarp off, I lost. Leaks in several places. Stupid cheap particial board fake wood sucked up the water like a sponge. You south of me. Sounds like I have more fight to go. Is it still raining there or are you starting to dry out? Weather channel said only 15 % chance of rain today. I was thinking I was through the worse.
Vac4lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:24 AM   #6
doc

Appalachian Campers
Charleston is in the same shape. Low Country is really LOW country. I know the folks in Southern California would love to be having our problems right now
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:28 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Charleston is in the same shape. Low Country is really LOW country. I know the folks in Southern California would love to be having our problems right now
Sure! We'd be happy to take some off your hands!
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Too much rain all at once is bad no matter what. With the number of fires and loss of ground cover in CA. Heavy rain would make it mud slide central.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We were on Chincoteague Island, VA, and saw the coastal flood warning. There is only one road on/off the island and it floods over during Nor'easters. That fact, plus the possibility of Hurricane Joaquin, (turned out to not be a threat) convinced us to get out while we could.
Below is a photo of the causeway to the island. (I did not take this photo, from 96.5 WCTG)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	causeway.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	108695  
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:08 AM   #10

We had a bit of a break in the rain yesterday afternoon here in Myrtle Beach. But started back up last night. Now this morning it's been off & on. Hope it ends up being more off than on. Weather still saying it will be with us til Mon.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:20 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Flooding

We Have reservations at Ocean Lakes Myrtle beach Next week Oct 16-20
Hopefully flood waters receded by then. Im in the 2000 block.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:39 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
LOTS of Water in the Low Country,SC.

Hi All,

I live 40-50 miles out of charleston, Dorchester County. We had a curfew last night from 6:00pm till 0700 this morning since a lot of roads have standing water. Major exit like Exit 205 from I-26 heading to Ladson Area and Summerville were closed due to over 5 feet of water on the road.My pond started over flowing since Thursday. We had rain non stop since thursday night up to early this morning. They encourage people not to travel unless they are Medical personnel or emergency crews and personnel. Been living here in the low country for a while when I was with the NAVY and after I retired. I went through Hurricane Hugo but have not seen so much rain and water around. They are also talking on the news that more rain are coming this afternoon.
STAWRANR1ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:16 AM   #13

It started coming down pretty hard last night, and this morning it's STILL pouring. Thankfully where we are, in Briarcliffe here in Myrtle Beach, the water drains well. Not sure where it's all going, but it's fine with me. I expect to see any time now an old bearded man in flowing robes leading animals two by two to a large boat.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:22 AM   #14

We've only had about 8" in 10 days of straight rain. Some days were only drizzle.
The wind yesterday was blowing mist sideways.
We're in central NC, but were just in Charleston back in April.