Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
I do too. I think there were a lot of heroes on that day as well as victims but I can't help believe our government had something to do with it all. We should never forget but we should also question what really happened...
You can't be serious!

BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
When the spirits of Flight 93 "Let Roll" come marching by, I refuse to turn my back to them.

The OP opened this subject by proclaiming his opposition, etc.,. Yet he is a member of the generation America turned its back on.

History is an amusing thing.

Kerry (PH w1olc)
I don't know what you are reading into all this two-niner, but it seems we are all in agreement that 9-11 was a tragic day that no Americans, that were alive that day, will ever forget. Wether one wishes to re live the horror or not by watching TV coverage, has no bearing as to how each and every one of us feels in their heart.
Lighten up. We all love the USA in our own way, wether one chooses to watch TV or not.

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I took the OP's statement to mean it was to painful to watch. I support that sentiment. I don't find anything in the post other than that. After all isn't that one of the freedoms we as veterans defended, freedom of choice.

While I find a few statements here offensive, my oath (Navy enlistment) said I would defend the Constitution (all of it), and since there wasn't an expiration date on that oath, I still defend it. I believe in freedom of speech. That said, it doesn't mean I have to like what is said or listen to it.

I choose to watch as I stated earlier, I never want to loose the emotions I felt that day.

I agree that the politicians that try to use it as a publicity platform are disgusting. I find them totally lacking the respect for the fallen they should have to represent our country.

I would like to see America pull together like we did immediately follow 9/11. If we could, we could get our once great country back on track. It's amazing that it takes something of the magnitude of 9/11 for us come together.

Hard to write this and remain within the guidelines of the forum.

Too much me, not enough America.

Ok, I will step down off my soap box now. Sorry if I offended anyone.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
I will remember 9/11 by standing on the bridge over I-40 exit 125 flying an American Flag that honored my fathers remains when he died. This Flag has flown over the capital building in Washington, D.C. This is the Flag that I ''Fly'' to honor our Veterans on Veteran's day and the same for the 4th of July and Flag Day. I will fly this Flag to show all that will see that this great nation is still strong and United against all whom would do her harm. I will fly these Colors to honor the brave police men and firemen that ran into the buildings to save innocent people while so many ran out of these buildings. I fly these Colors to honor and remember the 3000 plus people killed on this day by cowards that will attack innocent people for no reason. I will fly this Flag to show that I am a proud American, I am proud to be a Veteran and I am very proud of our armed forces defending this country in places we can not pronounce correctly. Desecrate these Colors and your bones will be fed to wild jackals of the desert and the vaulters of the air. Attack this country and we will bury your sorry remains at sea with no marker for your head nor foot and the fishes of the deep shall feed upon your remains and the ''memory'' of you will fade and quickly die like a camp fire in a West Texas rain storm.
I will show and fly the Colors on 9/11 and I shall NEVER FORGET WHAT HAPPENED AND WHO DID THIS AWFUL THING TO THIS GREAT NATION.
God bless America and keep her strong....
Nuff said for now....
(this is me getting off the soap box now before I get ''pinged'')
Right on
Old 09-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I agree 100 percent with RJay. There is a lot I would love to say but we are not allowed political or religious statements and I respect that 100 percent. Anyone that is not dead or deaf knows what happened on 9/11 already knows the details of who did what to whom and the ''reason'' why it happened. I would ask that we all be vigilant and always remember what happened to this country. Let us remember the innocent victims and the wasted lives caused by this act. Let us remember the people that willingly put themselves in ''harms way'' that others might live. Let us all remember this event and swear that we will NEVER EVER let it happen again to this great country.
If we forget history we are bound to relive it someday......
NEVER FORGET................... N E V E R .......................
Yep, I am over zealous about this but that is the way it is.

God bless this great nation and keep her safe from all whom would harm her.

(somebodies dog tinkled on my soap box........Shux....)
Great sentiments
Old 09-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlcal View Post
I'm the original poster. I'm a 100% Total and Permanent Disabled Vietnam Veteran. Just like any other group of Americans, we veterans come in different sizes, shapes, colors, and opinions. It's never a good idea to generalize about anything that you're not 100% sure of.
I took no offense as I didn't see any in your post. I am sure may Americans will forego watching the events replayed as they find them too painful to watch.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
I'm not sure the OP understands how many combat veterans and combat wounded/disabled veterans he has unknowingly insulted.

Yet, he is free to say how he feels, freedom of expression as guaranteed by the 1st Amendment. You're welcome.

Kerry
Two Niner, First let me say as a fellow vet, I have nothing but respect for your service to our country. I think you may have misinterpreted the OPs statement. I think he just finds it to painful to watch.

My grandmother couldn't watch anything to do with WWII. My grandfather was a merchant marine who lost his life in WWII. Too may painful memories for her.

I don't see the opposition you mentioned in your post.

Just my take, no offense meant.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #36

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Since we live in a small town serviced by Boston Logan Airport, we unfortunately had 9 local people aboard the two planes that flew into the towers. We have memorial plaques on the bridge the runs across the river next to my office and I drive past those nine names daily. And when I see those names, a mental image of the towers coming down fills my mind.

I remember and I grieve in my own way every day and every year and this year we have decided to attend a rally to smile and enjoy our favorite pastime...camping. Will there be any TV's tuned to the images?...Probably. Will we remember and discuss the anniversary?...Yes. Will we enjoy our weekend and thank God for our blessings?....Definately!!

We will never forget what and who the terrorists took from us in all the places where they attacked us. BUT...we also remember what those attacks gave us... A unified spirit, a sense of strength, and the determination to see justice done.

Never give up...never give in....never forget.

Faith
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #37
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I will remember 9/11 by standing on the bridge over I-40 exit 125 flying an American Flag that honored my fathers remains when he died. This Flag has flown over the capital building in Washington, D.C. This is the Flag that I ''Fly'' to honor our Veterans on Veteran's day and the same for the 4th of July and Flag Day. I will fly this Flag to show all that will see that this great nation is still strong and United against all whom would do her harm. I will fly these Colors to honor the brave police men and firemen that ran into the buildings to save innocent people while so many ran out of these buildings. I fly these Colors to honor and remember the 3000 plus people killed on this day by cowards that will attack innocent people for no reason. I will fly this Flag to show that I am a proud American, I am proud to be a Veteran and I am very proud of our armed forces defending this country in places we can not pronounce correctly. Desecrate these Colors and your bones will be fed to wild jackals of the desert and the vaulters of the air. Attack this country and we will bury your sorry remains at sea with no marker for your head nor foot and the fishes of the deep shall feed upon your remains and the ''memory'' of you will fade and quickly die like a camp fire in a West Texas rain storm.
I will show and fly the Colors on 9/11 and I shall NEVER FORGET WHAT HAPPENED AND WHO DID THIS AWFUL THING TO THIS GREAT NATION.
God bless America and keep her strong....
Nuff said for now....
(this is me getting off the soap box now before I get ''pinged'')
Well said, my friend! Thank you for your service to our country! May God bless & keep you in the palm of His hand.

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I watched it all on TV that morning, and I will never forget. I don't need to watch it every year as a reminder. I can still see it happening. I think we all have our own way of remembering. God Bless the people that are still living it.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #39

Damon Owners Club
Remembrance. Let's never forget what happened. You don't have to sit in front of a TV that day (or any other). But, we owe it to our lost brothers and sisters, to take a moment of remembrance just like our parents did for December 7th. . .

Just my humble opinion.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Sometimes what you see with your eyes isn't as important as what you feel in your heart.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:04 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
Sometimes what you see with your eyes isn't as important as what you feel in your heart.
Well said
Old 09-07-2011, 02:53 AM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Never let it be said the Navy doesn't respect the Marines. God Bless

This slide show consists of photos taken at a formal dinner at the National Museum of the Marine Corps in Quantico, VA.
It is a beautiful presentation of the honor, commitment and pride today's heroes share with yesterday's.
If you know a Marine or a soldier of any branch of the Military (of any age) make sure he or she sees this. Wouldn't hurt if all other Americans saw it too!
Remembering The Brave