Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #1

I'm not watching TV on 9/11/11

I'm not watching TV on 9/11/11. Personally, I find it too painful to see those images over and over again. It doesn't mean that I don't remember...it just means that I need to find my own way to observe this anniversary. Are there others who feel as I do?
ajlcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I watched it as it happened that day and I won't forget ! My thoughts and prayers will be with those who were lost and with their families.
I did watch an interesting show last night on the History channel that was about Mayor Guielieani (sp) and his take on that day.

But I won't be reliving the day...
Regards,
RovinOn
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #3

As painful as it is to me, I will watch it. As a matter of fact, I believe it should be REQUIRED for all to watch so that we will "Never Forget".

Let us not become too complacent. The threat to our nation is still out there. Jodann
jodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I will remember 9/11 by standing on the bridge over I-40 exit 125 flying an American Flag that honored my fathers remains when he died. This Flag has flown over the capital building in Washington, D.C. This is the Flag that I ''Fly'' to honor our Veterans on Veteran's day and the same for the 4th of July and Flag Day. I will fly this Flag to show all that will see that this great nation is still strong and United against all whom would do her harm. I will fly these Colors to honor the brave police men and firemen that ran into the buildings to save innocent people while so many ran out of these buildings. I fly these Colors to honor and remember the 3000 plus people killed on this day by cowards that will attack innocent people for no reason. I will fly this Flag to show that I am a proud American, I am proud to be a Veteran and I am very proud of our armed forces defending this country in places we can not pronounce correctly. Desecrate these Colors and your bones will be fed to wild jackals of the desert and the vaulters of the air. Attack this country and we will bury your sorry remains at sea with no marker for your head nor foot and the fishes of the deep shall feed upon your remains and the ''memory'' of you will fade and quickly die like a camp fire in a West Texas rain storm.
I will show and fly the Colors on 9/11 and I shall NEVER FORGET WHAT HAPPENED AND WHO DID THIS AWFUL THING TO THIS GREAT NATION.
God bless America and keep her strong....
Nuff said for now....
(this is me getting off the soap box now before I get ''pinged'')
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #5

I will not watch regular TV on 09/11/11 or several days before & after. It has been done to death, enough is enough.
tvman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I gave up watching the news 2 years ago and my hair has gone from white back to brown AND I sleep like a baby !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I will watch, everyone will be exposed to the day of remembrance through some type of media. It's already started on IRV2.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #8

iRV2 No Limits Club
That date holds a double whammy for me. My daddy died 09/10/2007 (shortly after two other emotional events). I'm an extremely emotional person and I simply am not able to deal with it so I will be avoiding pretty much everything those two days.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #9

We have church in the morning and there is an RV show in the afternoon. I doubt that the tv will be on, but not because of any of the programming. We rarely watch tv when we're not home.

Of course, if it was just me there wouldn't even be a tv in the house.
easdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
I too watched the second plane hit live on TV, I don't think anyone will forget where they were and what they were doing that day, just as I can rerun JFK's Assassination in my mind. But I will not watch Politicians of every stripe use this for advantage, I find it repulsive.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
I too watched the second plane hit live on TV, I don't think anyone will forget where they were and what they were doing that day, just as I can rerun JFK's Assassination in my mind. But I will not watch Politicians of every stripe use this for advantage, I find it repulsive.
I do too. I think there were a lot of heroes on that day as well as victims but I can't help believe our government had something to do with it all. We should never forget but we should also question what really happened...
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
i watched those towers get built. i cant watch them come down. but i did watch the show a few weeks ago about the freedom tower being built.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman44 View Post
I will not watch regular TV on 09/11/11 or several days before & after. It has been done to death, enough is enough.
i understand your feelings
how ever until we defeat islamic terrorists or worse succumb to islamist sharia laws
WE MUST NEVER FORGET or become so apathetic that we say enough is enough
brianj
proud naturalized American citizen
Old 09-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
how can i say this without going over the edge

well
once we stop talking/watching or remembering those horrific events, then the persons that planned and carried out the attacks have won.

some parts of the world say the holocaust never happened

some say we were not attacked at Pearl Harbor

some say the USS Cole was not attacked in Yemen

let us not allow the spirit of those consumed by the attacks go by the wayside.

nor shall we let the spirit of our or our allies fallen soldiers leave our hearts.

we honor all, by remembering and talking about it.
some say we should never discuss religion or politics out loud.....never understood that one

it is wrong, and will lull humanity into a false sense of security

we may not need a drum beat on everyday, but surely we need to openly think/talk about the atrocities that happened.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote