Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Folks,

Good discussion. Please don't let your passion about it lead you into a conflict with our rules. Thank you.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #16

We'll be on the road and probably won't have TV reception in the North Cascades.

I can understand the "Never Forget" part of the equation, but don't need to see the various media types re-hashing the event with all their "analyses" or the various politcal idiots using it to get attention.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
Folks,

Good discussion. Please don't let your passion about it lead you into a conflict with our rules. Thank you.
I agree 100 percent with RJay. There is a lot I would love to say but we are not allowed political or religious statements and I respect that 100 percent. Anyone that is not dead or deaf knows what happened on 9/11 already knows the details of who did what to whom and the ''reason'' why it happened. I would ask that we all be vigilant and always remember what happened to this country. Let us remember the innocent victims and the wasted lives caused by this act. Let us remember the people that willingly put themselves in ''harms way'' that others might live. Let us all remember this event and swear that we will NEVER EVER let it happen again to this great country.
If we forget history we are bound to relive it someday......
NEVER FORGET................... N E V E R .......................
Yep, I am over zealous about this but that is the way it is.

God bless this great nation and keep her safe from all whom would harm her.

(somebodies dog tinkled on my soap box........Shux....)
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm not sure the OP understands how many combat veterans and combat wounded/disabled veterans he has unknowingly insulted.

Yet, he is free to say how he feels, freedom of expression as guaranteed by the 1st Amendment. You're welcome.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
I'm not sure the OP understands how many combat veterans and combat wounded/disabled veterans he has unknowingly insulted.
I'm the original poster. I'm a 100% Total and Permanent Disabled Vietnam Veteran. Just like any other group of Americans, we veterans come in different sizes, shapes, colors, and opinions. It's never a good idea to generalize about anything that you're not 100% sure of.
ajlcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post

Yet, he is free to say how he feels, freedom of expression as guaranteed by the 1st Amendment. You're welcome.

Kerry
Two-niner, how does what the OP stated offend anyone? I too, while not a vet, will not watch the media circus because it IS too painful to watch. By the same token, I will NEVER forget what happened that day, it was the most awful thing I have ever witnessed. How is that insulting? I have and I'm sure the OP has nothing but the utmost respect for our men and women in uniform, be they military or first responders. Please explain?
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlcal View Post
I'm the original poster. I'm a 100% Total and Permanent Disabled Vietnam Veteran. Just like any other group of Americans, we veterans come in different sizes, shapes, colors, and opinions. It's never a good idea to generalize about anything that you're not 100% sure of.

I agree with you totally on not watching the TV media frenzy of the tragedy that happened on 9-1-01. I will not forget the event, and do not need to be reminded over and over again by the media, or by anyone else. I do not understand how not watching this circus that is going to be on all the TV networks has anything to do with insulting active duty or veterans of the armed forces. I am a veteran, and do not feel insulted in the least by someone not choosing to watch the 911 hype that is to be aired on television.It seems some just have to wave the flag and pound thier chest to prove thier patriotism.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
how can i say this without going over the edge

well
once we stop talking/watching or remembering those horrific events, then the persons that planned and carried out the attacks have won.

some parts of the world say the holocaust never happened

some say we were not attacked at Pearl Harbor

some say the USS Cole was not attacked in Yemen

let us not allow the spirit of those consumed by the attacks go by the wayside.

nor shall we let the spirit of our or our allies fallen soldiers leave our hearts.

we honor all, by remembering and talking about it.
some say we should never discuss religion or politics out loud.....never understood that one

it is wrong, and will lull humanity into a false sense of security

we may not need a drum beat on everyday, but surely we need to openly think/talk about the atrocities that happened.
Well stated!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #23

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
We also deal with a double whammy on 9/11. We lost MOM on 9/11/2003.

Alan Jackson asked the question..."Did you call your mother and tell her you loved her" in his 9/11 tribute song.....AND yes I did and we had that song played at her funeral in remembrance.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman44 View Post
I will not watch regular TV on 09/11/11 or several days before & after. It has been done to death, enough is enough.

I have to agree with your above statement I also get enough e-mails about it that I don't even read them anymore. I will always remember what happened that day, but what about remembering the crew members of the USS Cole also.
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #25

I remember the day and will not watch the talking heads on TV re do the memory for me. It was painful enough the day it happened. The loss of everyone around the towers, FD and PD persons destroyed, and survivors having health problems is sickening. God bless them all, I remember and don't need new reminders of it.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #26
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
I too watched the second plane hit live on TV, I don't think anyone will forget where they were and what they were doing that day, just as I can rerun JFK's Assassination in my mind. But I will not watch Politicians of every stripe use this for advantage, I find it repulsive.
Yup, the politicians will try to make sure their faces will be in the news, etc.. And I remember where and what I was doing when JFK was assassinated.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodann View Post
As painful as it is to me, I will watch it. As a matter of fact, I believe it should be REQUIRED for all to watch so that we will "Never Forget".

Let us not become too complacent. The threat to our nation is still out there. Jodann
I'm afraid we have already become complacent, the ME generation can't help itself. Remember how the entire nation came together immediately following 9/11/01. I just don't see that anymore. Right back to being more concerned with themselves. Sad.

I will watch as I have been for the past few days. I never want to loose the emotion I felt that day.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
When the spirits of Flight 93 "Let Roll" come marching by, I refuse to turn my back to them.

The OP opened this subject by proclaiming his opposition, etc.,. Yet he is a member of the generation America turned its back on.

History is an amusing thing.

Kerry (PH w1olc)
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote