Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2012, 06:40 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Send some (rain) to Austin, TX...We're approaching 90 days without a drop!
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Smile Native Oregonian

I was born and raised west of Portland, so I'm quite used to the rain. We became fulltime RV'ers this past July. We spent August at Devil's Lake State Park in Lincoln City, and we considered that the best August we've ever had - mild temperatures and not a drop of rain that month (that I can remember?). From there, we spent September and October in the far NE corner of Oregon, at Wallowa Lake State Park. While it was one of the most beautiful areas we've ever spent time at, we were going through lots of lotion and chapstick trying to replace our missing moisture. I swore I would never complain about the rain again. Since the last week of October, we've been sitting in McMinnville, Oregon due to current necessities. The rain started, and only recently has given us a few dryer days. I've kept my word and not complained.... but even Native Oregonians have their limits! Got to love all the green trees and lawns (and moss) though!
mrskron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #17

In October 2010, we did a trip down I-5 to Eugene, across to Bandon and Cape Blanco then up the coast, with stops in Florence and Lincoln City. The afternoon we got to Florence, it was 75 degrees, with sunny blue skies.

The next morning it was 45F, blowing 35 knots and pouring down rain. We stopped off at Sea Lion Caves (don't bother) then on to Lincoln City. While at the LC KOA, we got the weather forecast on Portland Channel 8, indicating that the crummy weather was settled in for several days.

We headed home PDQ (as much as possible in an RV) via Highway 18 and 99 to I-5, with a stop at Millersylvania SP.

As you're now a full-timer, Larry, head south. The weather will improve substantially as you get further down the coast. San Diego is really pleasant this time of year.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #18

I was complaining about the rain today and happy that I didn't have any leaks in the roof.I just bought this mh in Oct. and its been raining ever since.So what happens this afternoon? We have a soaking wet floor carpet from a hot water pipe from the hot water tank.sometimes you cannot win.Last week I had to fix a leak in the kitchen sink now its the leaky pipe.Oh well I guess it something to do while its raining outside.By the way we live in so.oregon ,Grants Pass.
biker art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Try traveling in the daylight next time...
Always drove in the daylight, fog and heavy rain were the visibility problem. Only trip we got any view was in late May. Last time we opted out of the coast route, 5 ? years ago,in mid Nov., surf was running 35+ feet and Lincon City was hit by a tornado.

Tags
rust