Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2011, 10:00 PM   #43

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr300ce

If you are heading north to Canada, you have to face the magnets south, and vice versa if you are heading south to Florida.
Now if you are heading east to Washington DC, or west to California, you'll need to place one magnet north, and the other south.

I found this out the hard way by prematurely running out of fuel molecules in Kansas (the 1/2 way point of the continent).

After 2-3 years you will have to replace the magnets, as they will run out of magnetism.
If you are going with the magnet theory then you have to use the Salt Magnets that can only be found in Hutchinson, KS at the Underground Salt Mines then brought to the Cosmosphere and refreshed by the kids in the space program.

4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickBBD View Post
WD 40 should fix you right up. Then you can get to where no man has gone before. Don't forget to make reservations it is getting crowded.
I tried this too. I rigged up some sprayers at the wheel wells, and sprayed WD40 on the tires as I drove. This is supposed to lubricate the rubber, thus reducing friction on the road, therefore increasing the fuel economy by 25%.

Well I can tell you.....it did improve my gas mileage (but only by 20%, not 25%).....problem was....when I wanted to stop, I had to turn off the sprayer at just the right, or I just slid right on by my highway exit.

AND....I had to fill the WD40 tank every 50 miles.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Well guys, looking at it from a cowboys point of veiw, simplify things. It is all in the gearing! The bull gear is standing there looking at the heffer gear and not doing what is needed. Simply put they are polar opposites so they have to be turned so the bull can chase the heffer gear therefore everything will be aligned allowing natural flow of ying and yang.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Day View Post
Try a Flux Capacitor
And of course a 1.21 gigawatt inverter, and 10000 house batteries.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I thunk if ya figger it out ya might have to much power and the bull gear might jump the heifer shaft.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I thing you need to use a mirror connected flamulator phased with the muffled flux capacitor. If I remember you need to be phase a 0.527 radians or with the largest of Jupiter's moons.You will get the best results if you cross connect the #1 and #15 flamulator gyro diodes.

Good luck and remember that you do have to wear a double layer of aluminum hat shaped like a flamingo head.

Use this a mold and cover with 2 layers on aluminum foil.
http://www.clicket.com/Products/Adult-Pink-Flamingo-Hat~A5513.html

Ken
Old 08-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #49

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Add some Urea to the fuel tank, the real stuff, not the bought stuff from service stations. your fuel mileage will increase, and will be directly porportional to the size of your bladder, and how much beer you have had to drink.

Dieselclacker
Old 08-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
Add some Urea to the fuel tank, the real stuff, not the bought stuff from service stations. your fuel mileage will increase, and will be directly porportional to the size of your bladder, and how much beer you have had to drink.

Dieselclacker
It is commonly known that dy urea can make you run faster and stuff from service stations can cause that. I think we are on to something here!!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #51

Your Unobtainium level is too full and causing parasitic loss on the wobble shaft spin factor, to rectify this it has to proceed in the reverse direction of the third moon of Saturn in the fall of the year on mars. In other words blow your horn 17 times to lower the level. Be sure it is 17 times and not 18.....you wouldn't like the results of 18 without a helmet! And while we're on the subject of light bulbs, I have one for sale that has never been used. Anybody interested in said light bulb please feel free to make inquiries on such. Light bulb is in better than new condition!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #52

mileage

Were we all in class together in the 60's? I seem to hazily remember a similiar discussions back then. Days gone by but still remembered (somewhat)
Old 08-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #53

To get this thread back on track:

More milage? Three things to do.
#1 slow down
#2 slow down
#3 repeat #1 and #2
Old 08-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
To get this thread back on track:

More milage? Three things to do.
#1 slow down
#2 slow down
#3 repeat #1 and #2
It worked! I have increased my miles per gallon by 100%! I have slowed down soooo much I don't crank my engine, It's like I'm sitting still!..........wait....I am sitting still. Wife and are sitting up front in a campground with our seat belts on, man this rides great!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
It worked! I have increased my miles per gallon by 100%! I have slowed down soooo much I don't crank my engine, It's like I'm sitting still!..........wait....I am sitting still. Wife and are sitting up front in a campground with our seat belts on, man this rides great!

Atta way to go: now if we can just start a trend; think of all the money well save.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #56

Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
Told the wife to get out and push.. that only worked for two miles.. but I figure we upped the mileage by 1 mpg. If she could have pushed faster we might have gotten into the next gear and made a much better improvement.

Tags
fuel