In keeping with Drivers post, If you had the chance to be "In Charge" of America, what would you do?
When I'm in charge I would:
* Do away with the jury system and replace with a panel of 3 "judges". You would have 1 day to present your case and one day to defend. If convicted, you would have one year to appeal.
*all convicted male felons, on the 2nd conviction after the one year, would have both their male baby makers removed.
* all tort actions would have the louser pay all court cost and expenses of both sides (like in England). If determined frivilous (by a panel of judges) Lawyers would also have to pay half of the cost. This would slow down some of those hot coffee in the lap judgments.
* All able bodied males after highschool would be required to serve 2 years in the military or civil workgroup force (smilar to the CCC or WPA)at substance pay.
* All able bodied individuals seeking welfare assistance and not employed, would be required to "work" in public work activities, I.e. road-side mowing, Road cleaning, elderly care, child care and etc.
* no assistance would be given unless the father is identified (for child support).
* all 6 years olds would be finger printed and DNAed.
* All illegle aliens would be requied to get a green card. They would be required to check in every 6 months and exit the country every 2 years. We could then determine if we wanted them back in.
* no politician could hold office more then two terms at any level and no more than a total of 4 terms total. ( Keept the Ted Kennedys from staying forever)
* Politicians would receive a small substance pay for their trouble and no benefits. (there would be no career politicians)
When can I start? s/Toby
2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PDQ
Click on SHIP to enlarge CGC Sagebrush