Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2015, 10:09 AM   #141

Living in Valparaiso since 1989 . Thanks to all that contributed pictures of campgrounds (especially the state parks) . It has always been surprising to us how few nice private campgrounds there are in the state ( esp in NWI) that has been the home for so many RV manufacturers. We are fortunate to have some very nice state facilities that we can be proud of.

Roger Kneeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2015, 09:56 PM   #142

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude View Post
Hey Tom and Patty,we too just got back from a camping trip. We went to Charlestown State Park here in Indiana. It was about 500 miles and we actually got 7 mpg and we were towing the car behind the motorhome! We are pretty excited about that, our last rig barely got 5 mpg. We had 11 days off work for our vacation! Sounds like you all had a pretty good time.
I'm going to try posting a picture of a couple of the animals we seen down there. Hopefully it works this time
How was Charlestown? Looks pretty quiet, the pictures must have been taken during a weekday. Thanks for the pictures.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post
How was Charlestown? Looks pretty quiet, the pictures must have been taken during a weekday. Thanks for the pictures.
It was nice, very nice campground, it was very clean and we'll kept. Yes, the picture was during the week but, even on July 4th and that week it wasn't packed! We figured July 4th week would be completely full! We had a really good time and will definitely go back someday.
cooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:53 PM   #144

Indianan members

After reading all 11 pages looks like I am the first to post from rural Jennings County, half way between North Vernon and Seymour just off of US-50 at Hayden. Born and raised on a farm north west of Scipio. We lived out of state for 22 years, military assignments. Returned 1 1/2 years after retirement almost 30 years ago. We travel out west almost every year to see the grand kids. We use the Ceraland campground south of Columbus at least once a year.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:31 AM   #145

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genavaman View Post
After reading all 11 pages looks like I am the first to post from rural Jennings County, half way between North Vernon and Seymour just off of US-50 at Hayden. Born and raised on a farm north west of Scipio. We lived out of state for 22 years, military assignments. Returned 1 1/2 years after retirement almost 30 years ago. We travel out west almost every year to see the grand kids. We use the Ceraland campground south of Columbus at least once a year.
Welcome Genavaman........

Glenn
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:51 PM   #146

Alpine Owners Club
Welcome to iRV2 Genavaman!

It has been real quiet here since our little spot rally. We will be out in Iowa and possibly SD, some work and a 40th HS reunion.....MAN 40 YEARS, REALLY? Then back to enjoy some more Indiana RV'ing.

Anyone up for another spot rally in mid-August? Might be hard to find a campground on short notice, but I'll do the leg work if anyone is interested. Where would we go?

On another note: anyone purchase coach batteries in the Indy area recently. I have found Trojan T-105's for $125 w/exchange.

Travel safe.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #147

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post
Welcome to iRV2 Genavaman!

It has been real quiet here since our little spot rally. We will be out in Iowa and possibly SD, some work and a 40th HS reunion.....MAN 40 YEARS, REALLY? Then back to enjoy some more Indiana RV'ing.

Anyone up for another spot rally in mid-August? Might be hard to find a campground on short notice, but I'll do the leg work if anyone is interested. Where would we go?

On another note: anyone purchase coach batteries in the Indy area recently. I have found Trojan T-105's for $125 w/exchange.

Travel safe.
The weekends of 7 & 14 are currently open............hope we can make the next one of these!

We just got back from a week in Upstate NY, Albany area. It was a great trip!

Safe trip to IA & SD...........

g
Old 07-25-2015, 09:42 PM   #148

Alpine Owners Club
I'll see what I can come up with on the 14th.

School will have started so might be slow at the campgrounds.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:29 AM   #149

I am in the southern part of the state but have two grandchildren (3 & 5)in Chicago. We would like to find something in northern Indiana, not too far from the Chicago area to be able to spend long weekend with them. We would like a pool to keep them busy and to wear them out. Does anyone have suggestions for a clean and safe stop?
aa9zz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:37 AM   #150

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
I am in the southern part of the state but have two grandchildren (3 & 5)in Chicago. We would like to find something in northern Indiana, not too far from the Chicago area to be able to spend long weekend with them. We would like a pool to keep them busy and to wear them out. Does anyone have suggestions for a clean and safe stop?
Check out Caboose Lake, Caboose Lake Campground RV Park Lodging Remington, Indiana

It is in Remington, IN, about 1.5 hours southeast from Chicago - never been they but I believe they have what you are looking for.

Also bring up, RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks, bring up a city you want to see if there is a camp ground in and it will give you reviews if there are any - you can check our Caboose Lake also.........

Good luck -

g
Old 07-29-2015, 01:37 PM   #151

Does it have to be in Indiana

We stayed at the Kankakee South KOA, just south of Kankakee, IL earlier this summer. It is a small KOA but practically all of the sites are well-shaded. There is a small playground and a pool. There is also a fenced-in dog park , but it only has shade early in the AM and then late in the day. Full hookups are available. We used a site that had water and electric, since we had empty tanks, and were only staying for 2 nights. We just emptied our tanks at their dump station on the way out. With my husband and I taking showers in the camper, and not using the bathhouse at all, it was no problem filling the waste tanks enough to dump.

Edit: Forgot to tell you it is close to where US 52 crosses I-57, so if you hop on the Interstate, you are in Chicago in less than an hour.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:51 PM   #152

Alpine Owners Club
I don't know where the time has gone, we are halfway through this month! Worked all last week, kept the Alpine in Charles City Iowa (40th high school reunion Aug 1st) and traveled to SD the 3,4 and 5th. Back home Saturday the 8th.

I haven't had time to put anything together for this weekend, but we will be out again at Cornerstone. Our grandson who is 5 wants to go camping with Grandpa and Grandma. They have plenty of space if anyone wants to join us......we will have a little one. We will be in site 20

Now if I can get the new T-105 Trojans installed before Friday all will be good!

Travel safe!
Old 08-11-2015, 09:15 PM   #153

New To This Site

We're new to this site. Been *camping* in a travel trailer since 2012. We live in Carmel but are from Greenwood and Seymour. We have been really impressed with the state campgrounds in Indiana. We have a small business and the travel trailer is the best way for us to get away for a couple of days at a time on a whim, but dream of the day we are full-timing.

We are almost one week in without a camper as we just sold our 2012 Keystone Passport (our first love) and are hoping our 2016 Jayco White Hawk comes in in time for us to test it out before leaving for our first week long trip to Gettysburg at the end of the month. We're experiencing surprising uneasiness about not having a camper to go check on. Can't wait for the new one to get here (supposed to be able to pick it up on Saturday).

I have two questions:
1. Is there a way to "favorite" this thread so I can get to it easily?
2. Does anyone know of a campground near Camping World in Greenwood for a one night test of the trailer?

We travel with THREE dogs... It's really why we have a travel trailer...

~Angie
Old 08-11-2015, 11:16 PM   #154

Alpine Owners Club
Welcome!

You might try Lake Haven on 37 just south of 465. Lake Haven Retreat - Indy'a Premier RV Campground

Also Indy Lakes on Southport just a mile or so west of 37. I think Lake Haven would be a better choice.

Might be a campground to the south, but I am not aware of one closer than the two I just mentioned.