Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2016, 02:14 PM   #183

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

Happy New Year......

Getting ready to watch the Broncs & the Pats......with the temps at the house at 40, it gets me thinking about camping and this coming year and plans we have already made.

We will be at Prophets Town for Memorial Day, Brookville Lake for the 4th of July. Needed to get reservations early for those visits.

I also made reservations at the Elkhart Campground in September with the idea of attending the iRV2 "International" Rally.

Plus many weekends not planned, a trip to Duluth to see family, (August), a trip to Upstate New York to see daughter, (July), and we hope to head to FLA to winter in December.......

This is what I can think of.....how about you?

What have you got planned or would like to plan?

g

Indy Glenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #184

We have a week scheduled in June at Pokagon, a week at Versailles in July and
we will probably do a week in Oubache in October. I might try to do something short over spring break, if it warms up a bit.
Really looking forward to it!

Old 01-30-2016, 10:14 AM   #185

Alpine Owners Club
Soon as we are through February (crazy busy) we will be getting out. Patoka is now one of our favorites. We also want to go to Mama Gerties: Asheville RV Park and Camping | Asheville NC Camping | Tent Camping
Swannanoa, NC. 474 miles away. Check out their mountain top sites and great reviews too! Still want to get in a trip to Indiana Dunes SP, Door County and the UP again along Lake Superior. Utah again......Black Hills.....Glacier NP.....AH!
Without a doubt, we will have numerous trips to Cornerstone in New Castle for the grandchildren.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #186

Alpine Owners Club
I forgot to post these from Anchor Down in Dandridge TN. We were there for Thanksgiving. What a great resort. 400 + miles Indy. Almost every site has a view of the lake.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454700697.785876.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  79.5 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454700725.835147.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454700747.087866.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  86.1 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1454700772.489684.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  89.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 02-05-2016, 07:24 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post
Few photos from our campsite in Navarre Fl last week. We missed the first frost.....DARN!
Attachment 109919Attachment 109921Attachment 109922

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Hello Tom and Patty,
We are looking for a place on the pan handle to go, do you mind me asking what campground and site # you were in. We are from Lafayette Indiana. Just found this thread and really enjoyed reading it. By the way, we Host at Prophetstown State Park the month of September, so if any one gets up this way, stop and say hello.
Brent & Sally
Old 02-05-2016, 08:42 PM   #188

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjburkhalter View Post
Hello Tom and Patty,
We are looking for a place on the pan handle to go, do you mind me asking what campground and site # you were in. We are from Lafayette Indiana. Just found this thread and really enjoyed reading it. By the way, we Host at Prophetstown State Park the month of September, so if any one gets up this way, stop and say hello.
Brent & Sally
Brent and Sally,

We stayed at Navarre Beach Campground in site BF. This site is open only to transients (not rented monthly or for the season). Sites B50, C51, C52 are also good sites. The rest of the park has sites that are close together and away from the beach. Manager and staff are great and keep the grounds impeccably clean!! We would stay again but check out Santa Rosa RV Resort first. Navarre Beach Campground
Also in Navaree:

Emerald Beach. We drove through Emerald Beach and sites in our opinion were tight. Just a few "primo" sites.

Santa Rosa RV Resort. Santa Rosa is possibly the best one in the area. If we were to go back I would definitely try this one first before going back to Navarre Beach. Santa Rosa RV Resort | Waterfront RV Resort in Navarre Florida

We liked Navarre better than Destine because the traffic was much less congested and it is less of a tourist trap. Then again, choices of restaurants are few.

Travel safe and if we are in Prophetstown we will look you up.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:11 AM   #189

Hi Hoosiers,
We've been winterized since our Halloween weekend trip to Prophetstown.
Our first trip for the spring will be a whopper - Ft Wilderness at Disney! We went last year, but flew and stayed at a Disney resort. Thought we'd try it again this year, but save a few $$ and incorporate "camping" into the trip. Leaving on a Thursday after school, stopping in southern KY (Renfro Valley or Corbin), day 2 to south of Atlanta (I75 Campground in Tiftin), then Saturday morning on to Disney just in time for our 1 pm check in.
On the way back, doing it in two long days.
Planning on returning to Grand Haven, MI area this summer for a week.
No other hard plans yet, but I am excited to travel the two miles from our house to White River campground in Strawtown. Have stayed there several times, but this winter they have installed an old tressel bridge across the river to a large park with several miles of trails. Will make a fun campground even better!
Old 02-06-2016, 10:20 AM   #190

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
Hi Hoosiers, Our first trip for the spring will be a whopper - Ft Wilderness at Disney!
Purdue Pete - please take copious notes as I will be heading down to FtW within the next year or so with the granddaughter.

It looks like a great park - duh - it's Disney! LOL

Please let me know your thoughts on best loop and whatever else might be useful. I know you can get groceries delivered to your rig...........hmmmm!

There are a couple forums on line with some info - have you found them? If not let me know and I'll post the URL.

Take care all,

g
Old 02-06-2016, 10:28 AM   #191

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjburkhalter View Post
By the way, we Host at Prophetstown State Park the month of September, so if any one gets up this way, stop and say hello.
Brent & Sally
Hi Brent & Sally - we love Prophets Town! Will be there at the end of May for a week with Memorial Day in the middle - we are told it is busy that weekend with the water park opening!

And we'll most likely head up early April to "flush" our systems at a FHU.

We are at PT it seems a lot in the Fall as we have friends who have Broiler Maker football tickets. Spent last Halloween weekend in the rain last year just down from Perdue Pete but our paths never crossed.......perhaps this year.

We are on spot 120 over Memorial Day weekend if anyone is at the park - stop by and say hello.......

g
Old 02-06-2016, 10:46 PM   #192

Were you there last September? We passed through on our way to the UP! Stayed one night on our way, by really like the place and plan to return sometime soon!!
Old 02-07-2016, 09:17 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
Were you there last September? We passed through on our way to the UP! Stayed one night on our way, by really like the place and plan to return sometime soon!!
Yes we were there last year as well, will be again this year, stop by and say hello. While there, if there is anything we can do to assist or help in anyway, let us know.
Brent
Old 02-07-2016, 03:34 PM   #194

I ran into one of you in the men's room. Won't say which one LOL
Old 02-08-2016, 08:59 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
Purdue Pete - please take copious notes as I will be heading down to FtW within the next year or so with the granddaughter

g
Will do. Super excited, and a little bit nervous for such a long trip. We did upgrade tow vehicles last summer. Traded in a 2013 Ram 1500 for a 2011 F250 Powerstroke. That gives me a lot more confidence pulling up the hills, and stopping when we come down the other side!!!!

Rant: At this point, I am a big NON-believer in truck tow ratings. For something with as big of a profile as an RV, IMHO you should deduct at least 30% from published ratings.
End rant.

Anyway, did most of the research for where we are stopping down and back. Once we finalize, I'll update you.
Brian
Old 02-09-2016, 06:19 AM   #196

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
Will do. Super excited, and a little bit nervous for such a long trip. We did upgrade tow vehicles last summer. Traded in a 2013 Ram 1500 for a 2011 F250 Powerstroke. That gives me a lot more confidence pulling up the hills, and stopping when we come down the other side!!!!

Rant: At this point, I am a big NON-believer in truck tow ratings. For something with as big of a profile as an RV, IMHO you should deduct at least 30% from published ratings.
End rant.

Anyway, did most of the research for where we are stopping down and back. Once we finalize, I'll update you.
Brian
Planning, IMHO, is half the fun.........I have planned many an ocean cruise in the Caribbean, Pacific, and Europe and the stops along the way.....now it's the RV life...!

I am already making campground reservations, for this year - One event we wanted to go to is already sold out. LOL

I am interested in how many nights you will take to get to FLA. Angie and I will be "snowbirds" next winter, heading to the Ft Meyers area. Normally I would make the trip in 2 days but driving a motor coach.......?????

Not sure how you're going down, but I will travel all the way south on 65 turning east at Montgomery, AL, then start heading south again in FLA. This way I stay out of Atlanta and I am told the mountains are not as bad as I will be towing at my limit.

There is a well reviewed KOA in Ozark, AL, which is where I would like to make the first day out - but it is 670 miles south - a "good" drive!! I'll probably turn it into 2 nights travel.

I don't think I am much for staying in a Rest Area or Wal-Mart......

g