Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2016, 09:50 AM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
We're heading to Summit Lake SP next weekend. Fun campground, thinking of taking our canoe. The lake has no speed boats, so very nice for leisurely canoe trip. Gotta check to see what registration is required for them. . .I think nothing if you don't motorize it.
Has anyone gone down to Metamora? Looking at that later this spring. Have camped a lot at Whitewater, but have never gone down the road to Metamora.
Brian

A non-motorized water craft permit ($5.00) is required. You may be able to get one at the park office. If not, online. I get one every year for my kayak.
Should be able to see an eagle or two next weekend on Summit.

Enjoy-
Leo

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2016, 04:37 PM   #226

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Whitewater SP is just a few miles north of Brookville
Is that that park also on Brookville Lake??????????? Duhhhhhh - I feel silly now!

g

Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:05 AM   #227

No, it is on Whitewater Lake. I don't think it is connected to Brookville Lake, other than NY a small stream.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:03 AM   #228

At Summit Lake SP this weekend. Beautiful weather, went ahead and brought the canoe. Had to remove the bed cover on my truck so I could install the rack system for the canoe, something I didn't think about having to do. Wasn't too bad, just a few bolts and 15 minutes.
Like last year, another Palomino Solaire is here. This is about the only place we go where we regularly see another unit like ours.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:01 PM   #229

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
At Summit Lake SP this weekend. Beautiful weather, went ahead and brought the canoe. Had to remove the bed cover on my truck so I could install the rack system for the canoe, something I didn't think about having to do. Wasn't too bad, just a few bolts and 15 minutes.
Like last year, another Palomino Solaire is here. This is about the only place we go where we regularly see another unit like ours.
You have a great weekend!

g
Old 04-26-2016, 11:33 PM   #230

Alpine Owners Club
Indiana Members

Got out this last weekend to Lincoln Trail State Park just over the border in Illinois on I-70. Not at all crowded. In fact they aren't close to being booked for Memorial weekend. They have two campgrounds, Plainview and Lakeview. We stayed in site #2 at Lakeview, but sites 80-90 are pretty large with a good gravel pad for the RV and picnic table. All of these (80-90) have a view of the lake. Only drawback is Lakeview doesn't have modern restrooms. But we have never used a campground restroom anyway.
Price was $40 for two nights and no entrance fee. We heard that the state has shut down some campgrounds and parks because if lack if funds. Maybe they should raise their fees by $10!
We would go back again. 93 miles from Indy, but would definitely stay in the 80-90 sites.
I will post a review with pics of the Lakeview sites in the campground review section of iRV2.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 04-30-2016, 09:32 PM   #231

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Brown County

We are here in Nashville
Old 05-01-2016, 10:42 AM   #232

We are at Mounds State park, Brookville. I think we picked a bad weekend to come down here, it's been rain, rain and more rain although the sun is trying to come out right now.
cooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:13 AM   #233

Indiana Members,

My wife and I would like to look for a Class A. I live in Vincennes and we have no dealers in our area who have Class A's. Can someone suggest where I might be able to see something? We would like 29-32 and under 85k.

Where could I look?

Phil
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:10 AM   #234

Phil,
We didn't get a Class A from them, but Mt Comfort RV did a good job for us when we got our TT. East of Indy about 15 min outside of 465.
They had a ton of Class A units, mostly new but a decent number of used as well.
We'll be back when it is time to upgrade.
Good luck!
Old 05-15-2016, 03:55 PM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
Indiana Members,

My wife and I would like to look for a Class A. I live in Vincennes and we have no dealers in our area who have Class A's. Can someone suggest where I might be able to see something? We would like 29-32 and under 85k.

Where could I look?

Phil

Total Value RV. Elkhart. They have a web site with their used ones & new ones listed. They would be close to 300 mile from you ?? I have purchased 4 class A units from them. Great people. Ask for Dave. Tell him Russell on forum told you. He will know me.

Russell
Old 06-02-2016, 08:02 AM   #236

Been out of the camping habit for a few weeks now, due to commitments and weather. However, have 3 nights at White River Campground next week. It is literally 3 miles from our house, but we still love to go.
On an unrelated note, anyone have experience with taking a family on a national parks camping vacation? Looking to do something next summer, hoping to hit several parks as far west as Yellowstone. Looking at a 14 day time limit. Any and all advice is welcome.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:58 PM   #237

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
On an unrelated note, anyone have experience with taking a family on a national parks camping vacation? Looking to do something next summer, hoping to hit several parks as far west as Yellowstone. Looking at a 14 day time limit. Any and all advice is welcome.
Haven't been camping at a National Park but have visited many - in the summer they can get crowed.

My suggestion would be to make a plan now, start doing your research as to the camp grounds available and book early - you and many others are planning the same trip.......

Good luck.......exciting trip to plan and take. If Yellow Stone is booked, consider staying at the Grand Teton National Park - I believe it is about an hour south of Yellow Stone Park and beautiful............the Tetons are something else at sunrise and sunset - Purple Mountains Majesty!!!!

g
Old 06-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #238

At White River Campground for the next 3 nights. Have to work tomorrow, but hoping for a short day!
Take care all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1465519099579.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	326.8 KB
ID:	129672