Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2016, 06:35 PM   #281

Good! What was it?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2016, 10:20 PM   #282

Does anyone remember check out time at White River Campground in Hamilton County? I'm thinking I recall early, like noon.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:16 AM   #283

I believe it is noon on Sunday. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't let you stick around a couple of extra hours if you asked. They always seem eager to please.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:58 PM   #284

If The stars are in complete alignment I should be at Prophetstown park 8/31 for a stop over on the way to the UP
Old 07-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
I believe it is noon on Sunday. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't let you stick around a couple of extra hours if you asked. They always seem eager to please.
Thanks, Pete. They are good folks. We checked in just a bit ago and they told the husband 2. I don't know if that's the usual time or if we were just getting some grace.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 07-29-2016, 06:55 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
If The stars are in complete alignment I should be at Prophetstown park 8/31 for a stop over on the way to the UP
Don't know if you're a regular to that area or not, but if not you need to take the 20 minutes to drive to West Lafayette and do 2 (at least) things. First, see the hallowed grounds of my alma mater, Purdue University. Second, have a meal at the XXX restaurant. Been an institution for years, and was on Diners/Drive-ins/Dives a couple of years ago.
Boiler up!
Old 07-29-2016, 07:22 PM   #287

Would be great to do that, but it is only a stopping place to get sleep. We will leave Dayton around 5p arrive P town about 8p and leave before 6a Thursday morning for the drive to the UP. We really want to take our grandson to that park for the history some day, just not this year. I may even be solo on this trip.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:22 AM   #288

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
Good! What was it?
????? - Wish I had a definitive answer Pete......

The "fellers" at the diesel shop checked everything out - and sprayed off the radiator. I have a side radiator and the gunk, mud, and dirt that came out of it was disgusting !!!!! Hahahahaha

Took 74 to 75 and made a left at 40 - so it went up and down a few "hills" and did just fine. My coach likes to do these hills at about 2500 RPM to get the best torque going up and engine braking coming down!!! And of course "The Owner's Suite" (The name of our coach) was loaded to the gills with clothes, half of which we won't wear, and food, most of which we will eat and shouldn't !! To it had a load to carry!

Anchor Down RV Resort is something to see........

We are use to mainly state parks - some are excellent, Prophets Town and Mounds @ Brookvlille Lake come to mind - Anchor Down is an RV Resort. It is located on a TVA reservoir - don't remember the name of it. It has a great pool and lake access with BIG float toys...........we are here for 2 weeks, I'll keep you posted as to our thoughts.....oh and thanks to Tom & Patty, there are the people who recommended this place. Tom/Patty - we are in site 7, just up from 29. I can see why you liked 29.........just sayin'. LOL

Pete - you should comsider this place in the future with your crew..........lots to keep eveyone happy - pool/lake/playground and less than an hours drive from Pidgeon Forge and Smoky Mountain Park........oh - and you get to add Tennesse to the map!!!!!

I'll post some pictures if I ever get off the tablet and onto the laptop.

Have a great weekend everyone!

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 11:42 AM   #289

No Fool

80-year-old leads police on high-speed chase in Winnebago
Old 07-30-2016, 08:56 PM   #290

Only in Indiana!!! Ha.

Russell
Old 08-05-2016, 11:55 AM   #291

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
????? - Wish I had a definitive answer Pete......

The "fellers" at the diesel shop checked everything out - and sprayed off the radiator. I have a side radiator and the gunk, mud, and dirt that came out of it was disgusting !!!!! Hahahahaha

Took 74 to 75 and made a left at 40 - so it went up and down a few "hills" and did just fine. My coach likes to do these hills at about 2500 RPM to get the best torque going up and engine braking coming down!!! And of course "The Owner's Suite" (The name of our coach) was loaded to the gills with clothes, half of which we won't wear, and food, most of which we will eat and shouldn't !! To it had a load to carry!

Anchor Down RV Resort is something to see........

We are use to mainly state parks - some are excellent, Prophets Town and Mounds @ Brookvlille Lake come to mind - Anchor Down is an RV Resort. It is located on a TVA reservoir - don't remember the name of it. It has a great pool and lake access with BIG float toys...........we are here for 2 weeks, I'll keep you posted as to our thoughts.....oh and thanks to Tom & Patty, there are the people who recommended this place. Tom/Patty - we are in site 7, just up from 29. I can see why you liked 29.........just sayin'. LOL

Pete - you should comsider this place in the future with your crew..........lots to keep eveyone happy - pool/lake/playground and less than an hours drive from Pidgeon Forge and Smoky Mountain Park........oh - and you get to add Tennesse to the map!!!!!

I'll post some pictures if I ever get off the tablet and onto the laptop.

Have a great weekend everyone!

g
Glenn, we are glad you made it and like it. Haven't gotten notifications of new posts in a few weeks. I missed a lot.

Enjoy the sunrises and sunsets. Remember to send pics.
Attached Files
Old 08-05-2016, 02:35 PM   #292

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post
Enjoy the sunrises and sunsets. Remember to send pics.
Yes - they are spectacular but not as awesome as watching the thunder and lightning storms in the mountains across the lake - Mothet Nature at her finest.

We are really enjoying this park, clean, well staffed, and well cared for.

They are building a new larger dog run, basket ball courts, community center down by the main road and 4 cabins, and a snack bar by the pool........

Although this park is not right in the thick of things of the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area - it is clearly a case of "If you build it, they will come!"

We already have reservations for next year. If heading down this way with your RV, I highly recommend it.

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:54 AM   #293

I picked up my grandkids (4 nd 6) in Chicago and visited Prophetstown for the first time. All I can say is, Way to go Indiana? What a great park.

Any suggestions for just south or southwest of Indy? I'd like to make a weekend trip there but can't seem to find a park with full hook-up.

Phil
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:19 PM   #294

Well I had lots of ideas until you said full hookup. . .
Hmm - I'm sure there are some but I can't think of any.
If you can get by with water and electric, McCormicks Creek and Brown County are two very nice state parks.