Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2016, 10:46 PM   #309

Yes site 122. Last pull though before you get to the prarie sites

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2016, 02:19 AM   #310

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Indiana - Born and Raised

From Evansville. Grew up on the North side moved to the West side and will never leave. I think it has something to do with the water

rjc2272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:24 AM   #311

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc2272 View Post
From Evansville. Grew up on the North side moved to the West side and will never leave. I think it has something to do with the water
Welcome to Indiana Members......

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:32 AM   #312

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
That's too bad. Yeah, they do have a great, large playground, plenty of paved trails to bike & that farm home to visit. He'd love it.

Did you get one of the sites nestled in the pine trees?

Lori-
And a large pool with water slides - makes the park impossible to get in on weekends from Memorial Day to Labor Day - - - then with the start of Purdue Football - - can be hard to find a weekend spot during the season. LOL

When our camping group makes plans to head to PT, we generally make weekend reservations 6 months out........during the week is generally open...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
Yes site 122. Last pull though before you get to the prarie sites
Our fav site is 120, right next door. We will be heading up there to site 120 this Tuesday for 2 nights as a "Shake Down" for our new rig - - then it's onto Elkhart next Sunday for the iRV2 Rally......

g
Old 09-03-2016, 04:48 AM   #313

What did you get G??????
Old 09-03-2016, 05:04 AM   #314

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
What did you get G??????
I bought it from Midway RV, Grand Rapids, MI

We are "Happy Campers".......LOL

g
Old 09-03-2016, 06:22 AM   #315

We haven't been able to get to Prophetstown since they added the water slide. Good for them, though. We loved the working farm and the store. Our young (at the time) lab had her first, and so far only, kiss from a cow there. The look in her eyes was priceless. Congrats on the new rig, Glenn.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:48 AM   #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc2272 View Post
Hey rjc,

I'm in Vincennes. Yell and I will buy coffee sometime. I don't know any other rv'ers in our area. I would like to talk and learn.

Phil
Old 09-07-2016, 08:45 PM   #317

Alpine Owners Club
Greetings from Mama Gerties in Swannanoa NC. It has been warm here, but as soon as the sun goes behind the mountain it cools nicely. Saw Grandfather Mountain yesterday and took in the Museum of the Cherokee Indian in Cherokee NC. We spent almost 4 hours reading and looking. Incredible! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1473299041.034998.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	138342Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1473299061.834435.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	138343Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1473299101.007935.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	138344

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-09-2016, 02:15 PM   #318

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Tom & Patty for the great pix - you guys always seem to get the "best" sites!!!!!! You steered us to Anchor Down RV Resort in TN.

Purdue Pete - I just reread your post and I answered it incorrectly - sorry.

We purchased a Newmar Canyon Star. It is a gas model, so we have a little adjustment coming out of a diesel pusher but I am happy to say our "Skake-Down" cruise up to Prophets Town was a resounding success. All systems are a go........the only problem we have encountered so far is a squeezy front door and the kitchen screen will not "snap" into place, as hard as Angle & I tried.so we"ll let the experts at Newmar snap it in when we go up for service.

One great thing about iRV2 is the people you encounter.

On our last evening the Camp Host came over and asked if I was Indy Glenn from this forum - "Yup" - is I.

I am awful with names as during my work career you had your last name and rank pinned on your shirt, so I cannot remember his name - but a super guy. Don't be hesitant to stop by his coach and say hi when at PT.

We head to the iRV2 Rally this weekend - looking forward to it.......will I see anyone there from this thread?

Take care,

g
Old 09-09-2016, 11:53 PM   #319

Congrats on the new rig! Used DP or new (er) gas class a - roughly same $$. Tough call I'm sure.
Did you trade in your DP?

Going to White River CG in a couple of weeks, then to PT for four nights on Purdue homecoming weekend shortly after that. That will be the end of the season for us most likely.

Going to take the girls to Wolf Park, and maybe to XXX for lunch on Thurs or Fri. Saturday will be consumed with the game and accompanying activities.

Quick question - does anyone have a smoker that you take camping w you? If so, what model and do you like it?
Pete
Old 09-11-2016, 02:53 PM   #320

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
Congrats on the new rig! Used DP or new (er) gas class a - roughly same $$. Tough call I'm sure.
Did you trade in your DP?

Pete
2017 Gas, Newmar Country Star. Our budget could afford about an 8 year old DP in the model we wanted - or a new gas. Hence the gas - it has everything we wanted in th DP - just not as fancy or fast - that's what I get for working for Uncle Sam my entire life - but - it's all good!

Yes - traded in the DP.

You and the fam have a great time with what's left of the camping season - actually quite a lot! No Halloween at one of the parks this year??

g
Old 09-13-2016, 02:50 PM   #321

Very nice!!!! Gotta love that "new car" feeling - makes giving up the DP much easier I'm sure.

Not sure about Halloween. Thinking at this point the Purdue homecoming game will be our last outing. We'll see what happens. . .
Old 09-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #322

National RV Owners Club
Morgan Co.

I was born and raised on the south side of Indy just outside of Beech grove. DW was born in Indy and raised in Mooresville. Living happily in rural Morgan county Monrovia area for the past 21 years.

About those UK fans.....