Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2017, 08:17 PM   #379
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hi Glenn! We're in site 21 at AD. Although the walking would do us good for exercise, we do travel with electric bikes so coming back "up" the tier will be a piece of cake w/them. Thanks for the tips on places to eat. We love to find local hot spots.

I'd like to get back to Prophetstown - great SP. Prairie loop was where Dave taught me how to back our coach into a site....on the blind side. Wish all campsites had as nicely angled aprons as Prophetstown does. I'm sure we'll get to meet up sooner or later, it'd be a treat. It's been several years since we've seen Tom & Patty - need to meet up w/them sometime too.

We'll miss FMCA in Indy. We'd normally go since it's so close, but we will have just come back from a week in PA so FMCA is a no-go this summer.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2017, 05:16 AM   #380

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoleInOne View Post
did you stay at Riverbend in LaBelle?
We stayed at Whisper Creek, north of town on 29.

Next year or rather later this year, we will be at a new RV park called Oak Grove. It is south on 29 across from the Dodge dealership.

Here is the web site:

Oak Grove Rv Resort - Rv Parks, Rv Sites, Park Model Homes

We did attend a car show a Riverbend this year, beautiful park.

Are you familiar with LaBell and Riverbend?

g

Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:19 AM   #381

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Hi Glenn! We're in site 21 at AD.
Lori-
You will have a great view of the lake and mountains........

It is fun to watch the storms brewing in the mountains and sometimes coming across the lake.........

You will also have a nice "Backyard" at your site.

g
Old 03-27-2017, 06:38 AM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_C View Post
We stayed at Clifty Falls SP the weekend of March 11-12. This was our first outing with our new class A. It dropped down to 20 degrees overnight but we were warm inside with the furnace set to 65 and an electric space heater going. We used our onboard water since most if not all SPs in Indiana do not have water hookups and the bathrooms were still closed until April 1st. No issue with freezing at all, but we do have tank heaters on our Jayco Alante! We are looking forward to going to Shades SP for some great hiking soon.
We took our new TT on the maiden voyage March 18-22 at Brown County. BC has a heated year round bath house, as do a couple other parks. Like you, we got a bit chilly and kicked on the furnace for a bit. We've gone from tent, to pop up to hybrid to our new fully enclosed TT. Next up is a few days fishing at Hardin Ridge the end of April with a buddy. Then Dunes SP in June, Lieber in July and Ouabache in October.
boiler1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #383

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Hi Glenn! We're in site 21 at AD. Although the walking would do us good for exercise, we do travel with electric bikes so coming back "up" the tier will be a piece of cake w/them. Thanks for the tips on places to eat. We love to find local hot spots.

Lori-
Hello Lori........

Taking a break from "MOWING" (ugh) and getting ready to fertilize, I came in to relax for a minute and found the attached ion Facebook.

"Restaurants in the Smokey Mountains."

Thought it might give you something to ponder........

https://mobilebrochure.com/brochures..._content=steak

Sevierville is closer than Pigeon Forge but all within an hours drive - - depending on the time of day and day off the week.

Definitely leave some time to go to Smokey Mountain National Park. Go early, early in the day to beat the crowds.

Have fun.......

g
Old 03-27-2017, 03:20 PM   #384

Alpine Owners Club
Wonder if I can get a commission from Anchor Down? we will try to get there again this year. I can work form the campground with their wifi and have a great view at the same time!

Glad you are back Glenn. Sad to hear about the trouble on the road. I have mowed our yard twice now. Two much fertilizer

Weather is getting better, we had plans to get out last weekend, but didn't make it. This weekend looks promising. I have to be in Dayton Ohio on Friday, but Patty has the grandchildren so won't be going that way. Maybe leave early Friday (4:30 PM is early for me) for Patoka.

Patty has the grandchildren non-stop for about 4 weeks in a row. So much for our daughter being a "part time" Dr at Riley. It will keep us close to home base.

I want to take Patty with me on a business trip to ND, MT, WY, CO and KS but figure I'll need two weeks to do it.

Also need to work on a mini rally. Any thoughts of some good campgrounds and dates?

We never have been to an FMCA rally, should we set aside some time for that?

Hope to get out and camp with you all this year!

Travel safe!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6603.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	496.8 KB
ID:	156261  
Old 03-28-2017, 04:47 AM   #385

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post
Wonder if I can get a commission from Anchor Down?:

We never have been to an FMCA rally, should we set aside some time for that?

Travel safe!
Yes you should get that commission! LOL Was told you can now reserve out 3 years at AD...?

Hope not, people will make reservations they "may" for may-not" use blocking sites and dates until the last minute.........

As far as an FMCA rally.........go.

They have so much to do, from seminars to entertainment, to ice cream socials. Angie went to GLAMARAMA last year........our first FMCA rally.

We look forward to our next FMCA rally, sadly, we decided not to go to the BIG one in Indy this coming July.

g
Old 03-28-2017, 08:15 AM   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
We stayed at Whisper Creek, north of town on 29.

Next year or rather later this year, we will be at a new RV park called Oak Grove. It is south on 29 across from the Dodge dealership.

Here is the web site:

Oak Grove Rv Resort - Rv Parks, Rv Sites, Park Model Homes

We did attend a car show a Riverbend this year, beautiful park.

Are you familiar with LaBell and Riverbend?

g
We stayed a month at Riverbend a couple of years ago. Very nice park. Nice clubhouse that overlooks the Calasahoochee (sp) river. Also has docks for boating on the river. LaBelle is an agriculture based town. Took a while to find good eats but liked the restaurant down by the bridge the best. Bought a Jeep from the Dodge dealer down by the grocery store. I liked the area fine. The wife thought it was too far from the beach so we moved to Pelican Lake in Naples for the rest of the winter. I think that was 2012. Oak Grove looks nice.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:03 PM   #387
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
..We never have been to an FMCA rally, should we set aside some time for that?..
Since you've never been...go. It's in your home state so it won't be closer. We've been to 3 or 4. For us, the 1st 2 times it was fun & informative. The last couple not so much as we've already attended all the seminars we're interested in. There's usually a good selection of RV's General RV (& other dealers) bring in. The seminars range from great to lousy. A vast majority of them are really no more than infomercials for the presenter's product. Decent amount of vendors. Not sure about Blue Ox, but Roadmaster techs prowl the grounds & will do a complementary inspection on your tow bar set up - leave it hooked to the coach just put the cover on it & they'll spy it. You don't even have to be at your coach - they'll do the inspection/lube & leave a note on your door.

Hope we meet up w/you guys sometime!

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #388

Alpine Owners Club
Indiana Members

Thanks Lori. I just talked to Roadmaster yesterday and got a bid for installation of a base plate for our new Flex and new tow bar.
They said they would install the base plate at the rally.
I think we are going! Who better to install the base plate than the manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 04-02-2017, 05:38 AM   #389

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Thanks Lori. I just talked to Roadmaster yesterday and got a bid for installation of a base plate for our new Flex and new tow bar.
They said they would install the base plate at the rally.
I think we are going! Who better to install the base plate than the manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
You got a new Toad!! Congrats...

I looked at the Flex couple years ago, really liked it but bought the Explorer......then traded that for a F150 crew cab. Then I needed a tow I could pull comfortably behind a gasser - so bought a Fiesta....(Still have the F150)

We were well liked at Bill Estes Ford between 2014 and 2016......LOL After some issues with the F150......I am known as a "Difficult Customer" in the service department now - I told them I'm not " A difficult customer", I'm "A pissed off customer!!" Hahahaha Long story for a camp fire someday........

But I was a totally Chevy guy until 2014 when I went Ford (And GM closed down my locally owned "small" Chevy dealer!) and have no regrets - I think they are well made - my problem, sadly, was with the dealership.

Now that my commercial for Ford is over - all the best getting your hitch system bought and installed.

What kind of brake do you use in your toad?

I had an SMI Air Fore One on my diesel and went with SMI Stay and Play Duo for the gasser. Love it! Truly a "Plug 'n Play". No brake to install, hook up, or adjust. Hook up your hitch and lines as you normally would, throw the switch in your toad and Whaa-Laa......your ready to go. BTW, SMI Manufacturing is in south west Indiana, not far from Evansville and they install.

There's my commercial for SMI..........LOL

Have a great Sunday everyone!

g
Old 04-02-2017, 05:45 AM   #390

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Since you've never been...go. It's in your home state so it won't be closer. We've been to 3 or 4. For us, the 1st 2 times it was fun & informative. The last couple not so much as we've already attended all the seminars we're interested in.

Lori-
I could see this happening to us, which is part of the reason we are not doing FMCA Indy........

But - we are members if a local FMCA chapter that has an active base. they do a ton of volunteering at rallies, which gives them something to do, help FMCA, and have some chapter fellowship........

g
Old 04-02-2017, 07:57 AM   #391

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
You got a new Toad!! Congrats...

I looked at the Flex couple years ago, really liked it but bought the Explorer......then traded that for a F150 crew cab. Then I needed a tow I could pull comfortably behind a gasser - so bought a Fiesta....(Still have the F150)

We were well liked at Bill Estes Ford between 2014 and 2016......LOL After some issues with the F150......I am known as a "Difficult Customer" in the service department now - I told them I'm not " A difficult customer", I'm "A pissed off customer!!" Hahahaha Long story for a camp fire someday........

But I was a totally Chevy guy until 2014 when I went Ford (And GM closed down my locally owned "small" Chevy dealer!) and have no regrets - I think they are well made - my problem, sadly, was with the dealership.

Now that my commercial for Ford is over - all the best getting your hitch system bought and installed.

What kind of brake do you use in your toad?

I had an SMI Air Fore One on my diesel and went with SMI Stay and Play Duo for the gasser. Love it! Truly a "Plug 'n Play". No brake to install, hook up, or adjust. Hook up your hitch and lines as you normally would, throw the switch in your toad and Whaa-Laa......your ready to go. BTW, SMI Manufacturing is in south west Indiana, not far from Evansville and they install.

There's my commercial for SMI..........LOL

Have a great Sunday everyone!

g
We have had the Flex for a while and continue to pull the PT convertible. This is the second Flex we own, second car we bought from Ray Skillman in Greenwood.

Because the Alpine has hydraulic disk brakes, we have the SMI in the PT. I was looking at the Invisi-brake from Roadmaster and have a quote for install on it too at the rally. BUT, there is a thread on iRV2 that scares the heck out of me. And it is not just a few comments, but likely 100 bad ones......about brakes being applied when not hooked up to the MH when it is raining outside. Imagine just passing a semi and the brakes get applied.

So I am already partial to the SMI (13 years and 80 K miles of just flipping the switch) but looking at the RVi3 system, built by the man who invented the Brake Buddy. Only two drawbacks with the RVi3: have to lift it in and out and it activates on a dead pedal. So I'm leaning toward tried and true. I did the SMI install on the PT so will likely do it myself, but I have talked to SMI about the install.

Glenn, where did the box fit for the SMI on the Fiesta? Did you install it?

We don't know what we will do with the PT. I need three cars like in need an extra hole in my head. But the dang thing is, every time we drop the top and cruise around a scenic area or national park.......and the grandchildren like it.

Either way I'm in for a new brake system, and will sell the PT as a "ready to go toad."

I'm going out to finish the last two wheels that need polishing.

Let's light that campfire.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:12 AM   #392

Alpine Owners Club
Two more to go. Don't know how to rotate these pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6626.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	156876   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6625.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	156877