Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #449

Summit Lake SP East Central IN, Raccoon Lake SRA or Turkey Run SP in west central IN, Mississinewa SRA just north of central central IN. These 4 are always at the top of my list within 90 min of our Noblesville home. All have water/electric. All but Turkey Run have fishing within the park and at Turkey Run you can easily get to fishing spots. Turkey Run has a very nice swimming pool, while the others all have swimming beaches of varying sizes/quality.
Hope that this is helpful info.
Pete
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2017, 09:53 AM   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
Tim - I probably missed it in an earlier post - where are you camping in Richmond?
Pete, shouldn't the question be "why" are you camping in Richmond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
KOA, it is just a chance to get out of the house for a weekend, we went a a few weeks ago and liked it there, so headed back, and there is the catfish that owes me my hook LOL
That would have to be one special catfish.....

Ok, full disclosure (some of which Pete knows)........

I grew up in a small town just west of Richmond, and at the end of my junior year in HS, we moved to Richmond , and our home was just a couple of miles south of the KOA....

I will say, the Richmond KOA was surprisingly nice when we spent a few days there last year, and yes, if I "had" to be in the area, we would stay there again. So, my "why go to Richmond", was to visit some of my old friends in the area on our way back home from the Rockies last summer.

If you are looking for dinner while in Richmond, try "Willie and Reds" in Hagerstown. Big buffet, or eat in the bar.

Regards
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:46 PM   #451

Winnebago Owners Club
We live in the Dayton Area and if we need to just get away for the weekend in the Motor Home we have always went to the Dayton Tall Timbers KOA. About 4 weeks ago we were wanting to get away but the Tall Tempers KOA was booked solid, so I suggested the Richmond KOA. We went and loved it. Tall Timbers has lots and lots of things to do and really caters to the kids that are there and while the one in Richmond has things for the kids to do it just isn't quite so busy. We liked that!!

Now for the fish, my wife loves to fish, maybe even more than I do. She had moved to the other side of the pond catching her daily ration of bluegill. I was fishing deep with hotdogs for catfish and had actually caught a 14" white bass or small mouth, wasn't sure. I cast and something big hit the hotdog. After about 10 minutes of working it I got a large catfish close to the bank. I had no net and no help so in an attempt to get it up onto the bank the line snapped. That is the fish that still has my hook.

On the return trip this past weekend I did land a big mouth and a decent sized catfish, but not the one that got away. Isn't that how fish stories go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170715_185011.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	388.8 KB
ID:	169077   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG950504.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	169078  

Old 07-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #452

Thanks Pete!
Indy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:48 PM   #453

Tim, how is Hueston Woods these days?

We stayed in the cabins there, camped and sailed from the mid 60s - mid '70s. I remember the first year the lodge was opened..... I had thought about stopping there for a couple nights after Richmond last year, and ask here about the campground and didn't get any favorable responses....

And I was serious about dinner at Willie and Reds in Hagerstown (originally Guy Welliver's "Fabulous" Smorgasbord) the next time you are in Richmond.

BTW, a "fun fact", cruise control was invented in Hagerstown by a blind man. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Teetor

Regards
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:17 AM   #454

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy54 View Post
Hi folks, enjoyed following this thread. Im looking for a recommendation from the group for a place in central IN where we can spread out a little, campfire, maybe fishing lake or swimming pool. 4 adults and 2 or 3 grandkids.. private or state Campground. Do need electric though..thanks!
Prophetstown SRA Campground, just east of Lafayette has a nice pool with slides.

Very popular spot, has FHU and electric only. Great hiking trails and I believe there is a fishing pond, although I have never been to the pond.......

Weekends book quick but you may be able to get in during the week.

Good luck,

g
Old 07-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #455

American Coach Owners Club
Looks like you Guy's Have great times !
Heads UP! I found the most Awesome RV- Fridge Guy there is -- Right here in Indy - Greenwood in fact! Had issues with my 24 yr old Fridge and He repaired it and it runs like new. All after I was told I needed a new Fridge.
Etters RV- 317-881-3273- Keith.
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:20 PM   #456

At White River Campground just outside Strawtown this weekend. Hot and humid and a couple (thousand) mosquitoes as a result of some of the recent rains and flooding, but having a great time. Here's a picture of Mackey the camping dog getting some rest after running around all evening.
Brought the smoker - pork shoulder goes in at 6 am tomorrow and I'll keep her at 220 all day long. Mouth is watering already. . . Click image for larger version

Name:	1500686332405.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	169583
Old 07-21-2017, 07:29 PM   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
At White River Campground just outside Strawtown this weekend. Hot and humid and a couple (thousand) mosquitoes as a result of some of the recent rains and flooding, but having a great time. Here's a picture of Mackey the camping dog getting some rest after running around all evening.
Brought the smoker - pork shoulder goes in at 6 am tomorrow and I'll keep her at 220 all day long. Mouth is watering already. . . Attachment 169583
Are they full? I toyed with a last minute reservation for this weekend, but the weather and the husband recovering from a back episode stopped me. Enjoy!
Wanabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:43 PM   #458

One or two empty but must be no shows because everything was reserved.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:54 PM   #459

By the way, the 4 of us took a bike ride across the new bridge and biked on the trail for a while. Really nice addition to an already nice little campground.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:40 PM   #460
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Charlestown SP good sites?

Hi Folks! Who's got the scoop on the good FHU sites at Charlestown? Are they fairly level? I checked out the pics on reserveamerica & all appear to be full sun - although that's not a bad thing for when we're wanting to be there.

67, 155 look to have nice trees/vegetation & are on outer edge of loop for rear privacy.

Looking at being there a few days the last wk of Sept.

Thanks, ahead, for the input.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #461
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Indiana Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Hi Folks! Who's got the scoop on the good FHU sites at Charlestown? Are they fairly level? I checked out the pics on reserveamerica & all appear to be full sun - although that's not a bad thing for when we're wanting to be there.

67, 155 look to have nice trees/vegetation & are on outer edge of loop for rear privacy.

Lori-

61-71 and 96-104 are all pretty flat and mostly open. We stayed on an electric site 112 last July this site had a line of trees separating sites and some space. It had a slight slope. From what I recall most all the FHU sites were level and had some space in between. The views from Reserveamerica will give you an idea of tree cover.

Name:	IMG_2342.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	539.4 KB
ID:	171192
Plenty of privacy, but not FHU.

Name:	IMG_2343.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	591.2 KB
ID:	171195
Old 08-01-2017, 11:23 PM   #462

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

Lori-
Lori,

We walked the park when we stayed there and marked sites that we liked and looked level. We try to do this at all parks and keep a book on them. We marked them good, better and best. Best most likely offered some privacy and/or was a larger site, fire pit was in a good location ect.

Here's what we have marked for sites:
Best; 152,150,149,146,144,143,166,135.
Better; 194,193,192,190,176,188,185,184,183,173,161,162,12 9 and maybe 127.
Good; 123,121,120,102,99,98,97,96,94,66,62 and 61.

Oops, 67 and 155 aren't in there. Of course the sites above are our judgement.

Hope this helps. No refunds!!!!!