Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
Hey, Bonnie

Our 1st RV was a gas 2007 Georgie Boy 36ft. That is what this DP replaced. What year is you GB? We're gonna be part timers in 297 days (ken's retirement) We're in our mid/late 60s. Then we're headed to Gulf Shores, AL for at least a month then then maybe to AZ to visit family. .

We've been kicking around buying a Modular home out in the country if we could find one with a little bit of land. House payments would be a lot cheaper and could keep the RV on the property instead of storing it. Anyway maybe some day.

Heading out to Ft Bragg, NC this coming weekend for 2 weeks Comp. Ken works for has a job there and sending him to finish it up. Gonna be a 2 week vacation paid for by the company. (works for me)
chiavet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2015, 09:02 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
BC area

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeau1954 View Post
Castleton here, I am born and raised in LA, (Los Angeles) DW is born and raised in Indianapolis. I moved here 24 years ago via Nebraska. Bought our new to us Moho last summer and spend most of out time in Brown Cty, I ride MTB's so there isn't a better place to ride in the midwest.
DW and I are Brown County natives and love it but we get out 8 or 9 times a year in our Bounder. It's great and we love to hear from Hoosiers. :-)
Old 03-08-2015, 09:26 PM   #45

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
DW and I are Brown County natives and love it but we get out 8 or 9 times a year in our Bounder. It's great and we love to hear from Hoosiers. :-)
Tell me, is the covered bridge still standing at the park? (I was born in Columbus.) I have not been there for about 30 years.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #46

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
I love Brown Cty State Park, go there several times a year, it is usually our first trip of the year. I have spent alot of time building and riding the trails there.
RBeau1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:43 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
Maybe in the Spring - we can have a get-together at my parking spot.............

I am lucky - I can actually "Glamp" at my parking spot - it has 50 amp service - a catch and release lake - lots of grass - and loads of parking space.

We will spend some nights out there inmourm"new to us" camper - just to "get-away"!!! LOL It's only 5 minutes from,the house!!!

g
I am from Booneville down by Evansville. Full timing home base is central Calif. I spent many summers in Brownsburg playing hard ball at the park where the old jet fighter plane used to be. I'll be in B burg mid summer and I'll send you all a PM for possible get together...
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:44 AM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
I am from Booneville down by Evansville. Full timing home base is central Calif. I spent many summers in Brownsburg playing hard ball at the park where the old jet fighter plane used to be. I'll be in B burg mid summer and I'll send you all a PM for possible get together...
Look forward to your PM.

Been here in the Burg since '88, don't remember the old fighter jet..........not saying it wasn't there.

Hardball is still important here as well as girls softball...........

Lots of changes - be happy to show you around.

g
Old 03-14-2015, 02:06 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost I View Post
Tell me, is the covered bridge still standing at the park? (I was born in Columbus.) I have not been there for about 30 years.
Yes the covered bridge is fine and you still cannot fit a class A MH to get thru it - in fact getting to the 400 plus hookups requires all RVs going thru another gate. Lol

But as the other poster said - attendance is stronger than ever. The best mountain bike course in the Midwest is there and last weekend was the first year since the national maple syrup festival moved to the county.

Happy to say hi to all friends who come.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:29 AM   #50

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello Fellow Hoosiers

Lifelong Indy area resident. Moved to the Hancock County near Greenfield almost 30 years ago to raise a family. Love to travel and winter in Florida, but Indiana is home. Only complaint is the lousy roads LOL!
Old 03-14-2015, 07:33 AM   #51

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
We live in Noblesville now. Grew up in Huntington county. We're spending 2 months in Florida right now. We have seen many Hoosiers down here. Talked to a few.

We've owned our MH for 3 1/2 years now. Have been in almost all of the states since then. We went to Alaska on a 10 1/2 week trips last summer. Check out our pictorial at http://indianatoalaska2013@blogspot.com We've camped with our family for 40+ years (tent, pop-up, 5th wheel, MH).

I think I've notice 12 - 15 Hoosiers on iRV2 that have identified themselves with information supplied in their avatar or signature. I'm sure there's more.
Hey, Papaw,
Would love to read your blog, but the link doesn't seem to work. Is it still a good link?
Old 03-19-2015, 02:34 PM   #52

Alpine Owners Club
The weekend looks great down south. We are going to get out and go to Patoka Lake. We have never been there, no reservations, walk up only....haha drive up. Anyone want to go?
We will get in around 8 PM. From Indy it looks like 37 to 150 to 56 to 145 is the best way. 116 miles.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:30 AM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post
The weekend looks great down south. We are going to get out and go to Patoka Lake. We have never been there, no reservations, walk up only....haha drive up. Anyone want to go?
We will get in around 8 PM. From Indy it looks like 37 to 150 to 56 to 145 is the best way. 116 miles.
Good for you guys...........sounds like a plan!

Never been to Patoka but have been in the area many times heading to French Lick - nice country down there.

Our coach is up in Nappanee getting worked on - lots of stuff being done from the chassis up to the house.

We expect it back in about a week or so then it is time to "hit the road"!!

Be safe, let us know how it goes..........

g
Old 03-20-2015, 04:31 AM   #54

Gotta wrap up taxes this weekend. That's such an un joyful experience every year!

Planning on heading out next weekend to shake off the cobwebs. Likely well go to Lieber for our first outing. It's such a great park and only an hour away.
Toad Haul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:16 AM   #55

Alpine Owners Club
We will post a few pics if we have cell service and report back. It looks nice from the satellite maps.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:32 AM   #56

Tiffin Owners Club
It is pretty nice. I used to stay there with my father-in-law most on summer holidays. He was an avid fisherman and we only used it to sleep. I was not into camping but I remember it as a pretty nice place. Quite noisy when full but would be great now. Use this time to pick your campsites for the future. Maybe we can get group to go sometime.
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote