Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2018, 05:56 AM   #589

National RV Owners Club
We have resetvations at Big M on Table Rock Lake for Memorial Day weekend. July 4th at the Jellystone campground near Monroe then on to Acadia and Bar Harbor Maine to stay on an ocean front site in Desert Narrows for the week of Labor day.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2018, 01:47 PM   #590

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
That had to be neat......

They were at the Anderson, IN airport and giving rides to those who reserved a spot and paid.

Beside GLAMARA in our future, we are heading to Brookville Lake over Memorial Day and Prophets Town for the 4th of July - anyone else?

What are your plans?????

g
Plans are Clifty Falls for Memorial Day Weekend, Prophetstown mid-June then into the July 4th week, a 10 day run up to Mackinaw City via stops along Lake Michigan.

JBDALHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:19 AM   #591

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDALHB View Post
Plans are Clifty Falls for Memorial Day Weekend, Prophetstown mid-June then into the July 4th week, a 10 day run up to Mackinaw City via stops along Lake Michigan.
Our dates at Prophetstown are from 3 to 8 July on site 151.......please feel free to stop by and say hi.

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:43 AM   #592

Hey folks, just checking in... Im still slumming around in our 2016 Flair. The only summer trip on my radar is Indiana - Michigan - UP - Wisconsin -Illinois - Indiana maybe late summer.

March was Mammoth Caves (awesome).

April was Shades state park on that one non-freezing weekend we had.

May was Indiana - Arkansas - Indiana. Perfect weather and trip.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:53 PM   #593

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Our dates at Prophetstown are from 3 to 8 July on site 151.......please feel free to stop by and say hi.

g

Prophets appears to be booked on the weekends for the entire summer!!
Old 05-23-2018, 05:59 PM   #594

Alpine Owners Club
We just booked Summit Lake State Park for Memorial Day weekend. Son-in-law wanted to take the grandchildren fishing this weekend.

I had already looked for campsites earlier this week in the state parks and all were taken.

We lucked out....found what was a cancellation and got it booked!! Site 73.
There goes our chance to win the power ball............
If you are in the area stop by and say "HI"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7355.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	474.1 KB
ID:	204009  
Old 05-23-2018, 06:06 PM   #595

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggcrisp View Post
Hey folks, just checking in... Im still slumming around in our 2016 Flair. The only summer trip on my radar is Indiana - Michigan - UP - Wisconsin -Illinois - Indiana maybe late summer.

March was Mammoth Caves (awesome).

April was Shades state park on that one non-freezing weekend we had.

May was Indiana - Arkansas - Indiana. Perfect weather and trip.

A little jealousy here. Travel safe.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:39 PM   #596

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post
Ever since the pool / mini water park went in a few years back, the campsites book up months, now the summer, in advance. I once heard that a second campground was to be built west of the current one, sharing the same and current campground entrance. Not sure if that was rumor or is actually in some plan for the future....?
JBDALHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:30 PM   #597

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDALHB View Post
Ever since the pool / mini water park went in a few years back, the campsites book up months, now the summer, in advance. I once heard that a second campground was to be built west of the current one, sharing the same and current campground entrance. Not sure if that was rumor or is actually in some plan for the future....?

Is that what the draw is? We haven't been there in 4-5 years. We'll have to check it out with the grandchildren.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:51 AM   #598

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Quote:
Is that what the draw is? We haven't been there in 4-5 years. We'll have to check it out with the grandchildren.
Prophetstown - it is just a nice park. It sits on the eastern edge of the Prairie (per the sign at the camp ground). It has a nice shower house in the electric only site area and the FHU sites are fairly private.

And they follow the rules at Prophetstown. No parking on grass, I had a friend lose some firewood a couple years back because it wan't the approved kind.They had a couple of very young, wannabe policemen security guards back then.....not sure if it is as bad now...but they do follow the rules...

Versus this weekend at Brookville. Anything goes. Many, many people bring their boats of all sizes and shapes. They park them everywhere and anywhere. And if it happens to be a little on your site, so be it. Fireweod - bring and burn what you want!! Memorial Day last year, I saw wood - with bark - stacked in big piles - in the open.....LOL No rules are too good to be broken, including the quiet time rules.

But - Brookville is a nice park also - it just amazes me how different each park is run under the same statewide rules....I'm really not an ogre - but it is fun to watch what people try and get away with.....most of the time!!

And as far as Prophetstown being hard to book - - yup - - 6 months out to the day if you want a site on the weekend. That is how I did the 4th of July this year. Although you can generally snag a spot during the week. I may try the pool this year. Weekends in the Fall are hard to get also because of the Purdue football crown.

Not sure if I told this group but last year in June I wrote the DNR and asked if Indiana residents could get an early booking window before the sites are open to the world. Last year in Brookville 8 out of 10 campers were from different states. They said no - LOL - - I came back and argued that we were stake holders and our tax money helped support "our" parks. They responded with non-residents pay $2 more and therefore were equals with us.......and again said NO! Hahahahaha

Gotta love Indiana.......and their customer service!!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone - - no matter where your travels take you.....

Pete - you packed yet????

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:47 AM   #599

Quote:
Prophetstown - it is just a nice park. It sits on the eastern edge of the Prairie (per the sign at the camp ground). It has a nice shower house in the electric only site area and the FHU sites are fairly private.

Pete - you packed yet????

g
I agree - Prophetstown is very nice and crowds (even on a football weekend) are well controlled. Once the pool closes weekends are easier to get, but as Glenn notes you have to watch out for football games. I'm preparing to book now for our annual football game/camping weekend and availability seems pretty good still.

Getting more packed each day - plugging trailer in tonight so we can start loading food Saturday. My ratchet straps and cargo bars have held my 10 gallons of diesel, extra spare, and plastic totes of winter clothes very securely in the bed of the truck so all is good there.

I'm not usually one to wish away a day, but I do wish it were next week already!

Pete
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:31 PM   #600

McCormicks Creek State Park has to be the strictest campground. They corral you into your spot with 4x4s and have dozens of signs warning you to not step foot outside your cage. Its a nice looking park otherwise.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:15 PM   #601

Hi Hoosier campers. Been a rough day up here in Noblesville. Keep the community in your prayers. Lots of healing to take place in the coming days and weeks.
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:48 PM   #602
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes, so tragic. Prayers for your community.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote